• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

I feel little bad for not even trying XCOM, but that game scares me haha, I've realised that I'm too old to be frustrated with hard games.

1979 is great, i like it a lot

it's obviously more budget than telltale but it does remarkable documentary work and it's a game i came out of educated and i felt it delivered a pretty wide array of points of views on the subejct, while also having its own stance and that stance being kind of great

i like that game a lot, i hope many more documentary games like this get made

I bought it due to your endorsement and I also echo your sentiment, but what the heck is that ending. Was the developer intending to make more?

Wok

I cannot succeed at the trial of fools. Bye, bye to these four achievements. I was so close to reaching the 47 mark.

29lGf3V.png

I am going to read this Steam guide.

Uzzy

also kind of wonder how story progression vs strategy layer progression works, i know you get new missions as you research more stuff and as you play new enemy types appear but does that like depend on your story progress? i ask cos i would kind of want to freeze progress sometimes so i can just focus on upgrading shit, maybe for the sake of upgrading it. this isn't a super hardcore playthrough, i just want to taste some more of that delicious gameplay loop

It's time based for the most part. There are a few enemies whose appearance is tied to certain missions though.

Coreda

The line breaks in this game hurt me more than the machine translation.

Each breast looks as large as her head. Which reminds me, all visual novel games need boob jiggle physics when the window is moved, a la Nekopara.

Erheller

HT5oRAO.png

xcom is still pretty good

smooth sailing so far, activated a few of the second wave thingies at random and been moving steadily like usual. it's hard to tell what's new and what was in the main game, i know this meld thing is new but i haven't really built those rooms yet since they sound like late game stuff but i'm getting so many gene mods that i feel like i should hurry that up before all my normal soldiers become obsolete or something

also kind of wonder how story progression vs strategy layer progression works, i know you get new missions as you research more stuff and as you play new enemy types appear but does that like depend on your story progress? i ask cos i would kind of want to freeze progress sometimes so i can just focus on upgrading shit, maybe for the sake of upgrading it. this isn't a super hardcore playthrough, i just want to taste some more of that delicious gameplay loop

had two major scares when i misclicked and threw a grenade right into saoirse's feet but somehow it didn't hit her (and actually hit an invisible alien squid that was hiding there wtfff)

second scare was when an owl flew by the screen and fucking made me jump off my seat it was so scary

anyways, there's a co-op mahou shoujo inspired league event so i'll probably spend most of my time doing that now

There are a bunch of points in the game where you can stall for a really long time. IIRC as long as you can shoot down every UFO you see panic is pretty easy to manage.

Do you have gsync? I can't even play the game because capping it via RTSS freezes it and playing it borderless makes the game run twice as quickly.

To be honest I'm not sure. How do I check? I bought the laptop used so I'm still learning as I go.

I've only managed to get as far as the main menu. I haven't tried playing a level so I'm nervous that I'll get the same issue with the game going too fast. But when I try fullscreen it crashes after the Sonic Team logo.

Wok

I can't agree with his charm combo. Quick heal, quick slash & longer nail are must-haves for that trial. What part is giving you the most trouble?

The part with lots of flyers and no floor. I thought that hiveblood charm would help me there, but there is no time to let it heal me, and I lose several health points, but it would at best heal only one of them.

PxEni1D.png

After some testing I found the issue by luck.

Display is duplicated to projector, the projectors shows 1080@60Hz when launching Momodora.
Game stutters twice every second in full screen mode and at 49-53fps, 1x-3x run fine.

Display extended to second monitor, primary set at 1080p@120Hz.
Game runs locked at 60FPS.

So something seems to be off when running fullscreen in duplicate mode, not sure how to fix this or if I should contact the developer.

Setup:
i5-3570k
AMD HD7970 Ghz Ed.
Latest GPU drivers 17.9.1

Vsync turned off.

Edit: Tested running the game in duplicate mode with my second monitor, both set at 60Hz, same issue.
FPS hovers around 50-53 even in title menu and stutters twice every second.
Projector is connected with HDMI and second montitor with Displayport.

Rizzi

God Hand HD pls. ._.

Ancient's been tweeting lately and it reminds me of how much I also want Gotta Protectors on Steam. The game's just too charming to be stuck in XBLIG and 3DS downloadable space. They seem to be making some Amazon Diet Run game now too and I am just crazy in love with the art.

Never released on the eShop in EU/AU. I should be used to disappointment by now.

I have the xcom eu but not ew, should I buy that before playing it?

I just started for my first time and after researching practically most say to start with all dlc enabled.

Like Hektor said, it's a significant improvement over vanilla XCOM 1. It's difficult to think of any reason to not recommend it.

Also, it adds MECs! Halfway to XCOM 2''s fully-fledged mechs (aka SPARKs). Who could say no to that?

I guess waiting to buy it might be recommended if it's not on sale, considering the game's age. But that's the only caveat.

kionedrik

The part with lots of flyers and no floor. I thought that hiveblood charm would help me there, but there is no time to let it heal me, and I lose several health points, but it would at best heal only one of them.

That's the part I had the most problems with as well. Here's a couple of tricks i found out that helped me get through it:
- Before the first wave, remember to charge an attack, jump up and insta-kill the uppermost enemy as it spawns.
- Try to keep above the enemies and use downward slashes.
- If you end up below them, and as far as I remember the last wave will spawn above you, remember you have a powerful AoE magic that will attack upwards.
- If you have the quick heal charm, when you fall in the spikes you'll spawn in a platform. While that platform is up and during your invincibility frames you can heal twice before jumping off the platform. This means you'll overall heal once (2x heal - 1 damage from spikes).

I dunno, man, that shit looks pretty hard. Like, you gotta learn how to jump AND dash.

Eh, I'm out then. I'll jump in when they add an easy mode that plays the levels for me.

Darkest Dungeon...do I get the base game or Crimson Court for a few quid extra?

Crimson Court is worth getting.

Speaking of Darkest Dungeon, the new character they're adding looks really cool.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm honestly not sure if this is a steam or enhanced steam feature, but there is a bug that shows the negative review symbol for all games on your wishlist that do not have reviews.

77gNkU9.png

It's Enhanced Steam (like Valve would have a useful feature like that!) and it's definitely a bug. It's been fixed in the dev branch already which means it will be pushed out in the next release.

I'm eager to play Okami, I heard it's a weird take on Zelda. I love Zelda, but I just can't stand the lore/characters/settings anymore.

Playing Okami on PS3 right now and it's slow as hell. The slow dialog I can't speed read is killing me.

Someone needs to mod the PC version to just remove all dialogue. That game is such a fucking chore to play, especially the intro. Yea sit here for 30 minutes mashing A. FUN!

Volimar

Don't know if the small number of entrants to the sakura games giveaways is due to people embarrassed to enter or due to them already owning them.

Always good to see love for XCOM. War of the Chosen is pretty good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom