• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there'll be a texture pack where you need 6 fricking GB
ShadowOfMordor-2014-09-25-20-55-27-91.png

U4fbEAF.gif

Well, there goes my chances of running it on High/Ultra (I can only do Medium, probably...). Those people who "future-proofed" with a 970 or 980 have to be sad now.

Ventara

The new weekly humble isn't bad, but too bad I already have most of the games. Still, good bundle for those who don't have anything, and I do recommend LLTQ. It's a fun little VN.

Kinda OT, but I just found out Saoirse is pronounced SEER-SHA. I always thought it was SWA-REES.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
U4fbEAF.gif

Well, there goes my chances of running it on High/Ultra (I can only do Medium, probably...). Those people who "future-proofed" with a 970 or 980 have to be sad now.

you cant run ONE of the features (in this case the textures) at high/ultra, not the game at high/ultra

you cant run ONE of the features (in this case the textures) at high/ultra, not the game at high/ultra

Typically, saying you can run it on High or Ultra entails being able to run every option at that level.

Otherwise you're stuck saying "Yeah, I can totally run that on Ultra. ... Well, minus Texture Quality, which arguably is one of the most important things, but it's alright. I can totally run that one on Medium!"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Typically, saying you can run it on High or Ultra entails being able to run every option at that level.

Otherwise you're stuck saying "Yeah, I can totally run that on Ultra. ... Well, minus Texture Quality, which arguably is one of the most important things, but it's alright. I can totally run that one on Medium!"

I ran Witcher 2 maxed except uber textures and I still say I ran it maxed. /shrug on you sir

Rhaknar

There are no Uber textures, only ubersampling which is just SSAA :p

yes that :p

and not to join the panic squad but I guess I better wait on the 8gig 970 since I was going to wait for the 4gig one to come out here anyway instead of having one shipped

Soule

Welp I've succumbed to the allure of Shadows of Mordor, game looks too good. Bought off Nuuvem because it seems the cheapest way for me, didn't realize it wouldn't give a steam key until it's released though which is a bit of a bummer but I guess doesn't make a difference right now.

Rhaknar

Welp I've succumbed to the allure of Shadows of Mordor, game looks too good. Bought off Nuuvem because it seems the cheapest way for me, didn't realize it wouldn't give a steam key until it's released though which is a bit of a bummer but I guess doesn't make a difference right now.

does Nuuvem do refunds? if so I would ask for one now, unless you have SLI Titans the game will look like this:

playstation-38680-11318445650.jpg

Soule

does Nuuvem do refunds? if so I would ask for one now, unless you have SLI Titans the game will look like this:

No titans but I'm completely okay with playing on lower settings, been playing RE4 the most lately and besides that Dota is my go to game so I don't particularly care too much about graphics.

EDIT: Didn't read your other posts, seems like sarcasm with a bit more context.

An-Det

Damn, looks like it's finally time to start considering a new build, especially after seeing all the Mordor stuff. My system matches the minimum requirements (core i5-750, AMD 5850, built it Oct 2009), so I could get it and technically run it, but that's a losing battle. It's helped that I typically stay a year or two behind for games, but the game looks to hit all the right notes for me.

Miguel81

Monolith is the true winner here. Good on them for getting out a solid Lord of the Rings entry.

This seems like a perfect game for Jase.

7pSETuH.gif

It's great to see a team branching out and nailing it. Hope for the same with Creative Assembly and Alien Isolation

JaseC won't have to worry about Uplay deleting his saves with this one.

The card in that screenshot has < 2 GB and the textures don't look too bad, to me.

I look forward to (most likely) playing the game on High, and replaying on Ultra a couple years from now with a 10xx series card with 8 GB of VRAM.

Rhaknar

No titans but I'm completely okay with playing on lower settings, been playing RE4 the most lately and besides that Dota is my go to game so I don't particularly care too much about graphics.

Dota_allstars_game.jpg

hyper%20mode%20resident%20evil%20screen.jpg

I would burn my PC down, along with my house after tonight to be honest. PC gaming is dead, long live our console overlords

Cerity

lol that thread is great. Reserving my judgement until we get screenshots of the different levels. Could be a difference of 16x SSAA to 24xSSAA for all we know.

Deitus

Psh, you're lucky if it even looks that good. I saw some Shadows of Mordor screens online from someone who clearly didn't have a Titan, and it's dire. For example:

511101-the-shadows-of-mordor-commodore-64-screenshot-tall-cliffs.png

AHA-Lambda

*checks Mordor review thread*

Let's see how it did, I guess

*sees a lot of 9s*

Wait, what?

brucewillisdoubletake.gif

Ok, I may have to check this out now

Rhaknar

the specs on that PC Gamer rig from the video are ridiculous. and hilarious.

:(

Kaleinc

Banned

It's better than to have everything on ultra and look at ps2 level textures because devs did't enable AF by default. They do it often by the way, lots of folks play like this.

baterism

...now I've got a massive urge to play Civilization V again.

I'm having to fight it for the sake of my productivity!

You and me both. Need to win as Elizabeth to get video et taceo achievement. For some reason Steam reset several achievements which I've got. Well, more reasons to play then.

Anteater

holy shit you mean IGN gave a game a 9.3!? That changes everything

edit: the game doesn't even max out on a 2gig card at 60fps?! devs should've made a straight console port to make us feel better! How dare them add a better texture quality setting that uses more vram.

yes I'm LTTP

what else did i miss, did people meltdown over ffxv and still calling 360p screenshots bullshots and only could be done on pc? Is the 1000 pages destiny review thread still going? Is the gunshot leaving a bullet mark on the wall in the evil within still the best thing ever?

edit 2: and why am I seeing another drDogg posting out there

KiDdYoNe

Damn... when i was thinking about new rig, i looked up to Witcher 3... looks like the king was raised before. Now i'm wondering how much W3 would want...

Tellaerin

Ok, I'm 18 levels in on Team Indie( stopped due to a minor bug that doesn't let me proceed to the next level. Keep in mind, I'm playing the beta build so bugs are to be expected)

So far I'm liking it. A lot. It's a very competent puzzle platformer. In this game you have several indie characters that help the protagonist reach the end of the level, and each of the characters have their unique power. Dustgirl wallruns/walljumps and double jumps, Clunk explodes stuff, CommanderVideo can slide under stuff, J.Jitters can create platforms to jump on.
When you touch a character's icon on the level, you activate it and use it, taking advantages of their powers to either activate doors/buttons to open passages, explode obstacles or create platforms to jump further. After you switch to the next character, everything will rewind back in time, and the character you just used will to the exact same moves you did. You have to take advantage of what you did before to progress further. (as it says on the description of the store, you do co-op with yourself).Coordination and timing are key, and the time mechanic makes it play a bit like Braid, albeit quite a bit more diverse.

So far, I definitively recommend it, and I assume it will get really complex later on(as I have like half of the characters right now, and I assume they will mix up the gameplay even further.

Thanks for the detailed impressions, man. Very interested in this one now. (Kind of funny to think that I only heard about it because someone here was slagging it off as awful-looking. :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom