• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Child of Light for $7.50 wasn't uPlay only...
LLShC.gif

Speaking of the humblestore -- Risk of Rain -- $2.49 -- worth it?

zkylon

zkylewd
Everyone posting their highest played game this weekend made me want to go back to Mount and Blade: Warband.

This game just gets better the more you play it.

I loaded my main game where I'm a mercenary for Swadia (they were about to die) and I convinced them to take back Reyvadin.
At Reyvadin, the Nord's jarl and commanders are all there waiting.
Someone gets caught and both armies all join into one huge battle

My losses: 19 killed 48 wounded
My allies' losses: 416 killed 239 wounded
My enemy's losses: 384 killed 632 wounded

The battle alone took about 30 minutes.

Since I'm high level 40 in that game, I'm a walking (well riding...) killing machine:

And guess what gentlemen! She's still single!

Conclusion: if you don't have Mount and Blade: Warband, go and buy it off Humble. Be sure to get the Floris mod pack.

dude we should hook you up with my town pillaging lord scamming (i take up tax missions from lords but never return the money lol) count zkylon. he likes em bloody.

wait

no yea he's a sicko

what the fuck is this horseshit?

closing Marvel isnt an option
this thing says nothing about league of legends so i'm fine suckers

Deques

header_292x136.jpg

Contraption Maker is 90% and you'll get a second copy. Someone wanna buy with me? $0.75 per head for US buyer. It's €1.50 in Europe :(

If only Child of Light for $7.50 wasn't uPlay only...
LLShC.gif

Speaking of the humblestore -- Risk of Rain -- $2.49 -- worth it?

Risk Of Rain is worth, maybe even more if you have friends playing it. Someone said that Destiny was 3D Risk Of Rain and I'd say he wasn't too far off. Great game.

Resident Evil Revelaitions mean while is truly AAA. And by AAA I mean AAAWESOME

Jawmuncher

Humble Yesteryear bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Gold Rush Classic
  • Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble
  • The Ship Complete
TIER 2: 6$
  • 1954 Alcatraz

Another bundle to skip. I've been lucking out with having no interest in bundles as of late.

Risk Of Rain is worth, maybe even more if you have friends playing it. Someone said that Destiny was 3D Risk Of Rain and I'd say he wasn't too far off. Great game.

Depends on what you want in a RE game.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fps-redux-bundle

Yoink! It has LOVELY PLANET !!

Depends on what you want in a RE game.

What I want from a RE game? Tank controls and locked camera angles please. I did love RE4 too though, didn't like RE5 very much. Haven't played ORC or RE6. Back in the days I even finished Survivor like 12 times. And have played Dead Aim and Gaiden whatnot. But Revailations is just silly and it's really fun to play.

Miguel81

Purchased it last night, and will be giving it a go on Infernal tonight. Looking forward to the 31 days of horror this year.

Annubis

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 33 Steam keys and 6 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble -- MB-77DC2DD838984CDE - Taken by chronomac. 16 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Face Noir (desura) -- MB-F8B3F3A6C45B422F - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Undead Legions (Desura) -- MB-9C18C952D17B071E
Chrome -- MB-6F2A9DE31B20F4AC - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Space Hack -- MB-EA26B74D5894BEC6 - Taken by HBP. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
BANZAI PECAN The Last Hope For the Young Century (Desura) -- MB-90447888AF93D54C - Taken by Jason Frost
IONBALL 2 IONSTORM -- MB-950CD7BA015F89E4 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky -- MB-717361991425CF2B - Taken by Darkroronoa. 21 entrants total.
CastleMiner Z -- MB-4E8F800ABC8F0A11 - Taken by xBladeM6x. 2 entrants total.
Deadly 30 -- MB-8723D36F5876D26B - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
Claustrophobia The Downward Struggle -- MB-1D01F07D776122D1 - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage -- MB-59CAE115ED9D9F73 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 10 entrants total.
Lexica -- MB-42DD66702A9B1119 - Taken by louiedog. 1 entrants total.
FACE NOIR -- MB-EDB7194C7C6AA533 - Taken by Bakemono64. 4 entrants total.
Solar Flux -- MB-A8BDE83C85745DB8 - Taken by BHK3. 6 entrants total.
Tropico 3 #2 -- MB-49EF72278F9C3213 - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
Contraption Maker -- MB-3DC58AA668A8B2D0 - Taken by arts&crafts. 6 entrants total.
Iron Storm -- MB-5D3BF1116E08D21D - Taken by Patison. 1 entrants total.

Dawn of Fantasy Kingdom Wars -- MB-D099A36B1BDD9077
Dead Effect -- MB-5352D063DFFA7C09 - Taken by Berlok. 3 entrants total.
NOT THE ROBOTS -- MB-C15A9BA1DD54AA72 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
Epigenesis -- MB-9E01E0ABA7213D6D - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Super Trench Attack -- MB-07B371459F8345E2 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-7E5BF9E998C109FA - Taken by WisK. 6 entrants total.
The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-2AF08C74A9F3D36C - Taken by jfredsilva. 4 entrants total.
Bad Hotel -- MB-CC38A2382F8DF379 - Taken by FauX. 4 entrants total.
FlatOut -- MB-36119A5FAA568834 - Taken by Diedac. 5 entrants total.
The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-2ABC21DD022A3FF9 - Taken by Teppic. 11 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-47FEF73E2676A16E - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 15 entrants total.
Tropico 3 -- MB-5C4CA0E02C10E621
ulgzbKC.png
Mind Dead (Desura) -- MB-3F7C6373CFE0A1EF - Taken by provista. 1 entrants total.
Majesty Gold HD -- MB-76B83D62C3A5E9E1 - Taken by Axass. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Crunch Time! (Desura) -- MB-78F71386CCEFC340
ulgzbKC.png
Astroloco Worst Contact (Desura) -- MB-C0709785EBD63579 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Windforge -- MB-0F17862A513E5F20 - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-F8255C55DE721C0B - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.
Chrome Specforce -- MB-EAC333CC5E45BA25 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
POWER UP -- MB-F6F998D9CE31A371 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
3089 Futuristic Action RPG -- MB-DB903B688B3D9193 - Taken by prudislav. 5 entrants total.

t1411420121z1.png

Terra_Ex

It makes everything about 200% more awesome.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148144.msg3700390.html#msg3700390

It's basically a HD texture + community mod pack + fixes.
The game actually looks great with it.
You basically can install only this and ignore everything else since anything good was added to Floris already.

Yeah after making the switch to Floris I can't go back to vanilla Warband, it just adds so much that feels like it should be there to begin with.

Dr Dogg

That cover art from Chrome that keeps popping up on ModBot giveaways looks like it stars a wax work Michael Beihn that's been put too close to a fire.

Risk of Rain is pretty tough, but fairly fun. I think you'd enjoy it. Also not that bad to perfect.

edit: Found my impressions of it from before. I think I was just burnt out on the game at the time, because for weeks after, I sometimes got urges to play it again.

Ooh, I'm going to buy Risk of Rain now. It has couch coop, right?

I have actually tried to buy it before, but I had it confused with Hammerwatch and ended up buying that game again instead :p

Jawmuncher

What I want from a RE game? Tank controls and locked camera angles please. I did love RE4 too though, didn't like RE5 very much. Haven't played ORC or RE6. Back in the days I even finished Survivor like 12 times. And have played Dead Aim and Gaiden whatnot. But Revailations is just silly and it's really fun to play.

I just wasn't a fan of Revelations. I liked what they were trying to do but even playing on 3DS Day 1 it felt like a weak effort to me. To put things in perspective I also think Leon's campaign is the worst in RE6. Even though that's the one everyone likes, Since it tries to be a older style in some ways for the first 2 missions.
Pretty much it stems down to I want a complete focus if they want to go back to roots and not these half attempts. I'm happy were getting REmake though, and Rev 2 seems like it might fix my gripes I had with 1.

rickyson1

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rickyson1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-C9CA8055C59FB3A1 - Taken by deadflower81
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-44068464519D91B1 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Dead Effect -- MB-E5529A04C67EAD15 - Taken by redlacs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom