• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's Daily Deals include:
Dust: An Elysian Tail 50% off

I was hoping for at least 66% :( Gotta decide if I should get it or wait until winter when it will be 75% for certain. I suppose I might as well bite now, the way this sale has gone I'm in no danger of overspending. Only bought Ys Chronicles so far.

DukeBobby

Max Payne 3 is the best TPS this gen. Buy it.

The unskippable cutscenes are the only big issue, especially during subsequent playthroughs.

The_Monk

Firts Portal 2 and now Vampire bloodlines? You're playing a dangerous game my friend.
I still love you though <3

Aw, thank you!

Oh well, sometimes I'm just that random. To be honest I finished Half-Life 2 for the first time 2013. Gaming is indeed timeless for me.

statham

Just wanted to say that System Shock 2 is....fantastic. I'm liking it a lot more than Bioshock that's for sure.
image.php

F that avatar.

Anustart

Aw, thank you!

Oh well, sometimes I'm just that random. To be honest I finished Half-Life 2 for the first time 2013. Gaming is indeed timeless for me.

While I can't say the same for Half life, theres plenty of hit games that I don't play for many years after their release.

zulux21

I was hoping for at least 66% :( Gotta decide if I should get it or wait until winter when it will be 75% for certain. I suppose I might as well bite now, the way this sale has gone I'm in no danger of overspending. Only bought Ys Chronicles so far.

after you sell the cards you will get from playing dust you will be close to that 66% off most likely :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They won't be putting Mass Effect 3 on Steam because Steam prevents them from patching their game, talking directly to their fans, or implementing any of their online network code. Steam doesn't do any of those things, you see. Also EA are deeply sorry that they've made you think that Origin is a store when really it's so much more than that. Have a nice life. Oh also sales devalue their IP so they don't believe in deep discounts.
Exactly. EA is so generous that they don't make their games cheaper, they give you them for free.

Still haven't played any of those 12 or so free Origin titles I got, except for 30 minutes of Burnout Paradise.

e_i

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Goddamnit!!!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Here I thought it was common knowledge that Monaco wasn't very good. Guess not.

NS2 was the correct choice.

If you don't have it already, make sure to pick up the first two Max Payne games. MP3 has some fantastic shooting but the game is content with not letting you enjoy too much of that at any given time. Max Payne 2 is just the complete package.

I want MP2 cards as well.

Oublieux

NS2 was the correct choice.

I thought Monaco was great... maybe a beat weak in SP, but tons of fun when you have a team in MP. Lots of hilarity when you're with new people and lots of amazing moments when everybody is somewhat skilled and everything just clicks.

-MD-

I remember when Monaco came out it was being praised as one of the best games to coop with buddies in years, people were recommending it left and right and now nothing.

Why is it "not very good" though?

DrTeflon

Ok, time for some giveaway.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Company of Heroes Tales of Valor -- MB-FD254975AC89E310
Civilization IV -- MB-57D0D71C52EE40A2 - Taken by Shambles
Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts -- MB-77383C627FF6C748 - Taken by PepperJack
Company of Heroes -- MB-82FC5F510A2D7CBD - Taken by Oublieux

Please let me know if one of those doesn't work, I'll send you a PM with the right link

I'm still scared of using ModBot

TGMIII

So borderlands 2 will more than likely show up again on the last day right? I was on the fence but it's £14 for the game and DLC which is a touch too much for me right now but maybe I'll reconsider if it shows again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom