• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozzted

Will Mass Effect 3 ever be "allowed" to be on Steam? I really want the first two but the third not being on Steam is a dealbreaker from hell.

Elements of Origin is coded into the game. The BioWare team has moved onto the next Mass Effect game. So, probably no chance.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
They won't be putting Mass Effect 3 on Steam because Steam prevents them from patching their game, talking directly to their fans, or implementing any of their online network code. Steam doesn't do any of those things, you see. Also EA are deeply sorry that they've made you think that Origin is a store when really it's so much more than that. Have a nice life. Oh also sales devalue their IP so they don't believe in deep discounts.

I'm so glad Sim City turned out to be a complete turd, even when it works. The threat of ever having to use Origin is completely gone.

KarmaCow

Will Mass Effect 3 ever be "allowed" to be on Steam? I really want the first two but the third not being on Steam is a dealbreaker from hell.

Probably never. Steam now requires every purchase to made through Steam so Valve can get a cut of all microtransaction sales. ME3 multiplayer has the random loot thing so EA probably doesn't want to hand over a cut to Valve.

Shambles

I let FTL idle all night. I got nothing. *shrug* I don't care much about all this card crap so I'm not too worried. Do I have to be in gameplay or just sit at the title menu?

Kilrathi

Ns2 is a great game that aims high for the scope of the game and hits it well for a indie studio. There is work on a new map biodome, new player model female marine , opengl and d3d11. for linux they have post screenshots for on the official site. Idk why it getting so much hate when it has much bigger scope than most indie games.

Prophane33

I kinda think he has a point though. Monaco's trailer doesn't convince me that much either.

Honestly, I don't have a horse in this race. I literally just saw the trailer for Monaco a half hour ago myself. I think it looks pretty neat, but being as I'm mainly a solo game player there's little to no chance I would ever buy it. Regardless, everyone and their grandmother seems to like it here so anyone saying anything bad about it seemed like trolling (even if not meant to come across that way).

Bought Trine Complete. I set the graphics settings and played with the tutorial a bit. Beautiful looking game. I can't wait until I have the time to play it thoroughly

They won't be putting Mass Effect 3 on Steam because Steam prevents them from patching their game, talking directly to their fans, or implementing any of their online network code. Steam doesn't do any of those things, you see. Also EA are deeply sorry that they've made you think that Origin is a store when really it's so much more than that. Have a nice life. Oh also sales devalue their IP so they don't believe in deep discounts.

Really wish I had bought Dragon Age 2 on Steam before EA did us the favor of pulling it from the store.

hygea

Neo Member
What makes Natural Selection 2 so neato? Convince me, GAF!

aliens.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom