• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah that means, "rest of world". Typically when a game releases in one region and then to the 'rest of the world' and has some type of region locking.

edit: At least that's my understanding of it. I call upon JaseC to clarify it for me! lol

Yeah, ROW is used to refer to every region that isn't covered by region-specific packages/versions of the game.

Having a brain fart, but does anyone remember some Metroidvania game with a ninja? I believe it's part of a popular franchise like Ninja Gaiden or something, but I can't recall which.

Bl@de

Having a brain fart, but does anyone remember some Metroidvania game with a ninja? I believe it's part of a popular franchise like Ninja Gaiden or something, but I can't recall which.

Shinobi?
Or maybe Mark of the Ninja? Not a famous franchise though

Ladekabel

Someone please explain!

lulvgsq7.png

Salsa

some good stuff actually, surprised. Doom at $15 is tempting af

alas, worst timing for me, bough a ticket for a trip to Chile coming up and im at $0 for these deals

GJ on the thread Tizoc

Daffy Duck

What is PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS exactly? And why is it so big??

It's a battle royale game (100 players spawn into a
Map with the sole purpose of you surviving until the end and being the last person alive) you scabs ge equipment, weapons and items to assist.

It's a great game, very tense and great solo or in a team.

garath

I'm trying to limit my purchases to less than $30 if I can manage. I think I'm pretty much sold on Motorsport manager. At $11 that seems awesome for an on the side game. I like management Sims like that. Wish they'd come out with an American football version one day. I'm not as into soccer or F1 racing but oh well.

The other purchase I'm torn between Dishonored 2 and wasteland 2. Enjoyed dishonored. Even beat it if I remember correctly which is a rarity for me but had no interest in continuing with dlc. Never played original wasteland but I do like the strategy RPGs as well.

Just can't decide.

Alucrid

Banned
so is the mankind divided pc version okay to play now? i remember people having issues at launch and it looks like reviews are still "mixed"

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
so is the mankind divided pc version okay to play now? i remember people having issues at launch and it looks like reviews are still "mixed"

I finished it recently, 60fps throughout gameplay with asset load hitching while running through the main city. I crashed twice in 20+ hours. If you have a good PC it's decent now, but the main city hitching can't be fixed from what I've read and tried. I enjoyed the game quite a lot. For reference I'm using a GTX 970 / 3570k 4.3GHz and 16GB 2133MHz.

aku:jiki

It was always okay, it just has an obnoxiously uneven framerate. Or had, I haven't played since launch.

The reviews are probably more upset with the very weak script and the fact that you spend most of your time in old-timey Prague, when people wanted high-tech/low-life cyberpunk and skyscrapers.

yO jshack or jase, how does one become a Steam Curator?

Well I had compiled a list of 100+ cool games to get on Steam, it's a LITTLE outdated so I need to edit a few entires but, play some music and read through them and let that wishlist of yours grow ;P

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17

wow really appreciate this! ill have to check it out tomorrow when i have a chance

Alucrid

Banned
I finished it recently, 60fps throughout gameplay with asset load hitching while running through the main city. I crashed twice in 20+ hours. If you have a good PC it's decent now, but the main city hitching can't be fixed from what I've read and tried. I enjoyed the game quite a lot. For reference I'm using a GTX 970 / 3570k 4.3GHz and 16GB 2133MHz.

It was always okay, it just has an obnoxiously uneven framerate. Or had, I haven't played since launch.

The reviews are probably more upset with the very weak script and the fact that you spend most of your time in old-timey Prague, when people wanted high-tech/low-life cyberpunk and skyscrapers.

Ah, okay thanks. My PC is pretty similar to yours. I'm guessing you get to the main city pretty fast? I'll probably try it out and if it's too much for me just refund it.

yuraya

Valve botched the card drops so badly for this sale. Yesterday I got 14 card drops and today I got 6. And I've only done the discover queue like 3 times lmao.

God bless you Gabe Newell

aku:jiki

Ah, okay thanks. My PC is pretty similar to yours. I'm guessing you get to the main city pretty fast? I'll probably try it out and if it's too much for me just refund it.
Yeah, 15 minute prologue mission and a bunch of cutscenes and then it's Prague for pretty much the rest of the game. You do visit at least one other place for a few hours.

Zeneric

It depends on your pc. Mine's GTX 970, 6600k oc'd to 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR4, and the game was run on SSD. I turned off/lowered some graphics settings to achieve 1080p and consistent 60 FPS and it still looked great.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve botched the card drops so badly for this sale. Yesterday I got 14 card drops and today I got 6. And I've only done the discover queue like 3 times lmao.

God bless you Gabe Newell

Yesterday I received five cards the first time then zero the next; tonight I completed both queues and received zero cards despite being told otherwise. That still evens out in my favour, though, so I suppose I can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom