• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMY86

I bought Dishonored 2.
Boy that game does not run well at all.

I almost bit on this today, now I'm glad I held off. What are your PC specs? I am running a 4790K 16 GB RAM & GTX 970. Any similar setups who can vouch for the performance?

JustinBB7

Some scammer added me yesterday, wanted to give me 4 CS:GO keys (worth like 2 euros each) for a bunch of my H1Z1 crates, so I checked my crates value and it was like 40 euros. Told the girl (most likely a guy though I guess) that and she then unfriended me lol.

Sold all that now, nice change! But is there a way yet to make selling faster/easier to do? If I could sell all my 3 cents stuff with a few clicks I would, but doing it item by item will take me years, let alone confirming them on my phone. It's really frustrating. I understand why, but man it takes so much time.

Omadahl

Banned
I need to play some FF XIV and figure out if I want to jump into an MMO. It's been over a decade since I tried one. Otherwise, I'll pick up a bunch of shooters. I'm definitely getting Doom and Dying Light.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Dishonored 2.

That's why I haven't bought it, I know I won't get a stable 60fps with a GTX 970. You really need to brute force it with the top cards.

I need to play some FF XIV and figure out if I want to jump into an MMO. It's been over a decade since I tried one. Otherwise, I'll pick up a bunch of shooters. I'm definitely getting Doom and Dying Light.
You can play FFXIV up to level 35 for free! Just grab the trial off the website.

daxy

I almost bit on this today, now I'm glad I held off. What are your PC specs? I am running a 4790K 16 GB RAM & GTX 970. Any similar setups who can vouch for the performance?

Runs well for me on high settings & HBAO+. Same setup but 4690k. Occasional drops in the most demanding areas but it's manageable imo.

rtcn63

r9 390x, i5 6600k, 16 GB of RAM.
Runs like crap on medium/high settings.

Honestly? Just bear with it if you like the gameplay. You never get 100% immersion because of the performance issues. I played the 3-mission demo on a 1060 and old i5, and it was acceptable for the most part. You kind of learn to tune out the regular-ish FPS drops... somewhat.

Paragon

I bought Dishonored 2.
Whatever you do, make sure that the framerate limiter is set to 60 FPS only, and texture quality is not above high.
The game is still very demanding to run, but those two things are essential.

Dynamic resolution set to Performance, and manually set to 60 FPS can help too.

JMY86

I purchased Hollow Knight last night and Pillars of Eternity and RE7 today. This sale is possibly going to kill me...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hollow Knight players at an all-time peak. I might have to get over my irrational hatred of that game's business practices and see what's up.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I purchased Hollow Knight last night and Pillars of Eternity and RE7 today. This sale is possibly going to kill me...

RE7 is the best in the series, you'll love it. It was one of my biggest surprises in years.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hollow Knight players at an all-time peak. I might have to get over my irrational hatred of that game's business practices and see what's up.

...what?

the business practice of pricing it reasonably unlike 95% of indie developers?

Yup. 4690K 16 GB DDR3 and a 960 Ti and I ran it on high settings and it ran like a dream

Seems it's pretty unpredictable what it will run well on or not.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
...what?

the business practice of pricing it reasonably unlike 95% of indie developers?

No I've still not gotten over that it was a Humble Monthly debut title (or whatever they call it) and then "nope, that was just a demo build you have to buy the full game". But like I said, I fully recognize that it's a bit irrational.

Picked up Resident Evil 4 (among other games), as it's one of my all-time favs and I haven't played it in some time. I downloaded the HD Texture Mod with it, too, and first impressions are pretty great!

Or well.. they were. My right analog stick does nothing in this game. Turned controller on and off, switched control schemes in settings, restarted the game, restarted my computer, etc. No luck. Works just fine in other games. I'm using a wireless 360 controller.

EDIT: I didn't even notice that I NEEDED the right analog stick until I got to the outskirts of the village and needed to use the right stick to control the zoom on the binoculars.

ANOTHER EDIT: Umm... okay, now the right analog stick isn't working in other games, nor is it working on the Steam interface. JESUS

kevin1025

Banned
I bought Dishonored 2.

I had the opening and first big area of the demo running at 59-60fps for the most part on i5-3570k, 8GB RAM and a GTX 1060, mostly high settings except for reflections I believe. But it had that problem I haven't seen since Half-Life 2: Episode One on my mega old laptop where it would chug a little when facing a specific direction, indoors and outdoors, haha.

But otherwise it didn't seem too awful. Definitely not great, though. The bits of the demo I played were fantastic, gameplay and story-wise!

jrcbandit

The game is well worth its non sale price at $15... A much better price than the $20-30 many indies are priced out nowadays.

Amzin

No I've still not gotten over that it was a Humble Monthly debut title (or whatever they call it) and then "nope, that was just a demo build you have to buy the full game". But like I said, I fully recognize that it's a bit irrational.

It said in the bundle that it was a demo, and it was an "extra" game slot (still full 8 games besides the demo) and if anything I would blame Humble for that nonsense (which I did even though the demo instantly sold me on the full game)

Edit: Like, it's still a little eh, but all things considered after the first glance at the bundle, it was actually not even a thing.

LogicStep

How's Far Cry 4? That's a pretty good price. I've never really played a Far Cry game, I think I tried the third one for a little bit and wasn't really into it because of Ubisoft design (towers repetitiveness).

So close :V

glqlxaK.png
Filtering out indie games? You disgust me.

Needed some adventure, bought Banner Saga. Ran like crap on my notebook. Refunded.

Added Jotun to my cart. Nah, need something more exciting. Removed it.

Added Enter the Gungeon to my cart. Hmm... Removed it, need something more exciting.

Bought Faerie Solitaire.

What the hell is wrong with me?

These stickers kinda of suck. I mean who wants an old lady in one of their stickers. Is she even in a game?

She's one of the NPCs from Stardew Valley.

Needed some adventure, bought Banner Saga. Ran like crap on my notebook. Refunded.

Added Enter the Gungeon to my cart. Hmm... Removed it, need something more exciting.

Bought Faerie Solitaire.

Faerie Solitaire is good shit.

Ventara

Bought Faerie Solitaire.

I was like this earlier today. If you have a good backlog, just stick with that. If you're like me, you were probably just looking to sate your consumer desire to buy something. You can also pop into the indie/hidden deals recommendation thread if you haven't already to find something cheap and good.

Zeneric

Had a hard time deciding on what to buy. Wanted Planet Coaster but it's too expensive atm so decided to wait till it's cheap. Went with 7 games for the price of Planet Coaster. No regrets.

I was like this earlier today. If you have a good backlog, just stick with that. If you're like me, you were probably just looking to sate your consumer desire to buy something. You can also pop into the indie/hidden deals recommendation thread if you haven't already to find something cheap and good.

Exactly! :)

BasilZero

This may have been answered....but what happens when you complete all stickers? Do you get....
a exclusive trailer for Half-Life 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom