• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
steam_animation_final.gif

LOL damn SteamGAF is stepping it up this year.

Katoki

hey no one told me about this!

Tony wanted to keep low profile about it because he kept getting flack about it so he had someone else post in the Steam thread I think. That or I was in the Amazon one for no apparent reason and it happened, but it's more likely to be the former.

jph139

Europa Universalis is so confusing - I can never even figure out where to start. But I feel like I'd be disappointing Tony is I took a free key and didn't use it, so I must soldier on...

I've been good. Sticking to my rule of nothing for more than $7.50 or 75% off.

Back to the Future $6.24
Alan Wake Franchise $9.99
Vessel $3.74
QUBE $4.74

Salsa

So what recently purchased games have you guys played already?

bgilV.png

gettin Sakura back in shape. Been a while, but im gettin there. Already dominating people on my friends list but being occasionally beaten to a pulp by online randoms.

0pagI.png

Shazbot!

main reason im jumping back and forth between these is cause they allow me to play quick sessions and keep aware of the sales/the thread when im at my PC. Started a new playthrough of Alpha Protocol before sales started.. yeah that's not gonna happen now

might just dim the lights and jump into Dear Esther now, since I hear it's short.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Today did some damage.

Fallout 3: GOTY
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Fear Collection
Mirror's Edge
Civilization V: Game of the Year

Annnnnnd another $50 goes into the Steam wallet.

Zebra

i know this was prolly addressed a million times in the last OT, but: do i want dear esther for a snickers bar? i dont mind short artsy games but they gotta be good, ive no idea why i bought cemetery.

I honestly think it's one of the definitive artsy games, certainly in terms of storytelling.

statham

Silly question: Is the Amazon version Steam usable and will the Amazon sale last past tonight?
I'd like a friend to pick up a copy in the near future.
I bought mine a couple of hours ago, and it was the steam version. they give you the steam code.

I got about an hour into Saints Row III, which turns out to be pretty damn fun. I really want to try The Darkness II tomorrow, too.

Pretty far into Hard Reset. Really liked it at first, starting to wear thin, though. Still pretty fun, but ready for it to be over.

Few hours into Dead Island. Seems pretty mediocre, but having a few friends with you makes everything fun.

Few hours of Payday. That game is fucking tough for newbs. Pretty awesome, though.

Ultimadrago

I got about an hour into Saints Row III, which turns out to be pretty damn fun. I really want to try The Darkness II tomorrow, too.

Binding of Issac. It's a pretty alright game, I've gotten more than my 1 buck and some cents out of beating the basement with him and the "extra characters."

I'm looking forward to trying Shatter next.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
bgilV.png

gettin Sakura back in shape. Been a while, but im gettin there. Already dominating people on my friends list but being occasionally beaten to a pulp by online randoms.

0pagI.png

Shazbot!

main reason im jumping back and forth between these is cause they allow me to play quick sessions and keep aware of the sales/the thread when im at my PC. Started a new playthrough of Alpha Protocol before sales started.. yeah that's not gonna happen now

might just dim the lights and jump into Dear Esther now, since I hear it's short.
I just finished downloading SF4:AE. We should play.
I'm horrible.

Pyccko

Christ, I don't even wanna list what I got so far. Let's just say I'm going to be subsisting on a diet of ramen and water for the rest of this month. Best moment so far: buying Dear Esther this morning literally 5 minutes before it went up as a daily. "Naw, they wouldn't waste a slot on that," I thought, "I don't have THAT bad of luck."

5 minutes later END MY LIFE FOR $2.50

Whatever, at least I have some games on this PC now. Too many games.
oh god what have I done

Riggs

Banned
Nice thread lovely salsa shark.

Loving Sr3 my dude is a big fat nerd hacker goth combat boots wearing pussy getting wonder boy.

Christ, I don't even wanna list what I got so far. Let's just say I'm going to be subsisting on a diet of ramen and water for the rest of this month. Best moment so far: buying Dear Esther this morning literally 5 minutes before it went up as a daily. "Naw, they wouldn't waste a slot on that," I thought, "I don't have THAT bad of luck."

5 minutes later END MY LIFE FOR $2.50

Whatever, at least I have some games on this PC now. Too many games.
oh god what have I done

You learned rule #1

Universaldamps

Neo Member
Gah. I can't decide if I want Dead Rising 2. I liked the first one on the 360, despite being rather difficult. Is it worth my $10? I have 1 hour to decide :-(

Card Boy

Banned
Im spewing i missed out of SSF4: AE, but i already got it on PS3 and part of my brain said ef it when i woke up at sparrow farts in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom