• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Gah. I can't decide if I want Dead Rising 2. I liked the first one on the 360, despite being rather difficult. Is it worth my $10? I have 1 hour to decide :-(

Dead Rising 2: OTR is a non-canon Dead Rising 2.

All the usual bells and whistles plus some (extra modes, more fun story).

For 10 bucks. Pick it up.

Salsa

SSFIV AE will probably show up again as a daily

and I just know im gonna spend 8 bucks on all those alternate costumes like an idiot

Christ, I don't even wanna list what I got so far. Let's just say I'm going to be subsisting on a diet of ramen and water for the rest of this month. Best moment so far: buying Dear Esther this morning literally 5 minutes before it went up as a daily. "Naw, they wouldn't waste a slot on that," I thought, "I don't have THAT bad of luck."

5 minutes later END MY LIFE FOR $2.50

Whatever, at least I have some games on this PC now. Too many games.
oh god what have I done
Could have just waited 5 minutes. Well, at least you know Rule #1.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I can't spend more money on this sale GAF, I went over my budget, what do I do, what THE FUCK DO DI DO!, FUCK!

tumblr_m7967sp2zR1qgqava.gif

Apply for more credit cards. Build that credit!

LegoDad

I'm not supposed to buy anything, but these look good.....

Age of Empires 3 - Shouldn't I just play AOE Online if I feel like playing it?

RAGE - Love Doom, but $10... i should wait for winter right?

Dear Esther - Watched a Video and now I gotta get it...

I will not cave, I will not cave!

I really should have bought Fallout:GOTY and Ys:Origins when I had the chance :(
Any chance for the sales to return? On Monday, perhaps?

There's always hope!

it was just a flash deal on Fallout 3/New Vegas. Will probably be a daily at some point. Then a flash deal again. Then a community choice. Then a final day recap deal.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man ubisoft is a piece of shit on PC. I bought the AC bundle when it was on a flash sale, and I recommend no one buys any of their crap that is currently on sale. Not only did I have no access to play my purchased single player game over the weekend because ubisoft thinks I'm a criminal, but their crappy cloud support has to decide that the save from literally the first checkpoint in the game is newer then my 8 hour long save, so I guess all my progress is gone now. Oh and google says that there is a temp folder where they keep the saves if the cloud decides to do that, but I guess Ubisoft didn't need that folder anymore because this newest version of their crap DRM certainly doesn't have any folder or file that looks like what people are talking about.

Oh and I only have a cloud save of the first checkpoint because they didn't support the wireless 360 controller I wanted to use and I needed to download some fan made files to actually make the damned game work.

Sorry if its getting too off topic but basically what I learned from this steam sale is that ubisoft can go fuck themselves. I've been hearing the same crap from other members about other ubisoft games they got from this sale as well.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
lol, dat gif. i think it;s good that Steam is recycling deals to prevent more insane purchases from me.

For me, it's less preventing more purchases, and more saying "are you suuuuuure you didn't want this game?"

And then I cave in. =(

Zebra

As in, you bought and beat the game in the last XX hours?

I bought the game when it popped up as a flash sale early on, and I beat it over the weekend. Beat it in about 20 hours.

I can't spend more money on this sale GAF, I went over my budget, what do I do, what THE FUCK DO I DO!, FUCK!

Start flipping couch cushions for loose change. You must drain yourself of every cent you have.

Miker

How the fuck does this even happen...

Us7Cx.png

We are not supposed to play them games!

My girlfriend still wishes that game's multiplayer community hadn't died out so fast. But really, the same can be said with almost all multiplayer indie games.

AlexBasch

Since I have only bought Dead Island I'm playing that.

Alone, of course. People seem to hate random players entering their games, I understand.

Sorry if its getting too off topic but basically what I learned from this steam sale is that ubisoft can go fuck themselves. I've been hearing the same crap from other members about other ubisoft games they got from this sale as well.
Here I was expecting to get Conviction. I guess not, then.

Cramoss

So, Mirror's Edge shows up on my Steam at $5 and then I used the '?cc=au' thingy as stated on the OP to show the Australian price which is $2.49. When I add it to the cart the price is still at 2.49..

My question is, can I buy it at that price or it won't work and still be $5 after all?

Dacvak

http://i.imgur.com/pvk0E.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Well now everyone knows where to bomb me. =P
[spoiler]And yeah, we'd definitely lag. =([/spoiler]

[quote="Zebra, post: 39951718"]I bought the game when it popped up as a flash sale early on, and I beat it over the weekend. Beat it in about 20 hours. [/QUOTE]

But then how did you have time to spend every waking moment on GAF during the sale?

zoku88

bgilV.png

gettin Sakura back in shape. Been a while, but im gettin there. Already dominating people on my friends list but being occasionally beaten to a pulp by online randoms.
Man, I need to get back into SF. Haven't played in a while. I really sucked XD

Man ubisoft is a piece of shit on PC. I bought the AC bundle when it was on a flash sale, and I recommend no one buys any of their crap that is currently on sale. Not only did I have no access to play my purchased single player game over the weekend because ubisoft thinks I'm a criminal, but their crappy cloud support has to decide that the save from literally the first checkpoint in the game is newer then my 8 hour long save, so I guess all my progress is gone now. Oh and google says that there is a temp folder where they keep the saves if the cloud decides to do that, but I guess Ubisoft didn't need that folder anymore because this newest version of their crap DRM certainly doesn't have any folder or file that looks like what people are talking about.

Oh and I only have a cloud save of the first checkpoint because they didn't support the wireless 360 controller I wanted to use and I needed to download some fan made files to actually make the damned game work.

Which AC game did you play?

So, Mirror's Edge shows up on my Steam at $5 and then I used the '?cc=au' thingy stated on the OP to show the Australian price which is $2.49. When I add it to the cart the price is still at 2.49..

My question is, can I buy it at that price or it won't work and still be $5?

OMG U FOUND A XPLOIT!!!

inky

My girlfriend still wishes that game's multiplayer community hadn't died out so fast. But really, the same can be said with almost all multiplayer indie games.

Yea, it's too bad. Only game I ever put that many hours in such a short period of time was Plants Vs Zombies. Not Skyrim or something like that. I haven't even finished the SP campaign!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC only 182 posts? Stop playing games!

I think I've spend more time buying than playing. :p

e: JaseC'd.

TNTqN.gif

So, Mirror's Edge shows up on my Steam at $5 and then I used the '?cc=au' thingy as stated on the OP to show the Australian price which is $2.49. When I add it to the cart the price is still at 2.49..

My question is, can I buy it at that price or it won't work and still be $5?

Nope, the checkout system will spit back an error. It's only possible to purchase from another Steam Store region when using a VPN, however Valve comes down hard on this as it's automatically assumed to be tax evasion.

Minion101

Banned
I'm not supposed to buy anything, but these look good.....

Age of Empires 3 - Shouldn't I just play AOE Online if I feel like playing it?

RAGE - Love Doom, but $10... i should wait for winter right?

Dear Esther - Watched a Video and now I gotta get it...

I will not cave, I will not cave!

I really liked Rage and played it twice. It was more impressive to see it run on a console where 60fps is not default for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom