• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

duckroll

http://store.steampowered.com/

This year's Steam sale for Black Friday is gift themed. There are still single items on sale each day, but the main events are gift packs in 6, 8, or 10 packs. Like previous years, every day has different items on sale. This year, Steam is also having a sweepstakes contest for all members. Anyone who makes a list of 10 or more games on their wishlist will stand a chance of getting their top 5 choices for free. 30 winners are selected every day at random.

Today's Daily Deals:

Beat Hazard - $2.50 (75% off)

Mafia II - $37.49 (25% off)

Aliens vs Predator - $6.80 (66% off)

Star Wars KotOR - $2.50 - (75% off)

Colin McRae DiRT 2 - $5.00 (75% off)

Metro 2033 - $10.00 (75% off)

Monkey Island 2 SE - $2.50 (75% off)

Peggle Deluxe - $4.99 (50% off)

Indie Air Pack (Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight) - $4.99 (92% off)

Today's Gift Pack Deals:

Trine 8-pack - $19.99 (87% off)

Aliens vs Predator 6-pack - $29.99 (74% off)

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West 10-pack - $19.99 (78% off)

World of Goo 12-pack - $19.99 (79% off)

duckroll

With this year's sale being so gift-pack themed, it would probably be better to form groups and look for gift partners or whatever in here instead of in the normal Steam thread.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, I want to play a Multiplayer games of ProtoGalixy, one of the games in the $5 indy game pack, play me!

The server should be called Neogaf, the password would be believe.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Sub post, you never know. Currently, the games on sale aren't ones I want, but we'll see what comes around down the road.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Teknoman said:
Btw, you can drag games around in the wishlist menu. No need to remove them.
I just came in here to ask how to rearrange the games by rank, but I can't drag them around in the browser. Do I have to do that within Steam itself?

ZZMitch

So how does a gift pack work exactly?

Does 1 person pay the whole amount and then others have to pay him back through paypal or something?

ne1

Teknoman said:
Btw, you can drag games around in the wishlist menu. No need to remove them.
They might not show up in the correct order on the contest top 10 page though. The workaround for now is to shorten your list to 10 games, even though we don't know if it matters.
kenta said:
I just came in here to ask how to rearrange the games by rank, but I can't drag them around in the browser. Do I have to do that within Steam itself?
Yeah, AFAIK you have to use the client.
Edit: No, apparently you don't.

Instro

ZZMitch said:
So how does a gift pack work exactly?

Does 1 person pay the whole amount and then others have to pay him back through paypal or something?

Generally. Or everyone sends money through paypal to someone, and that person buys the pack and gifts it to everyone.

Can you gift Steam money to people btw? Would be a nice way to cut out Paypal fees for these pack deals.

thy_

kenta said:

You need to be logged in Steam-Community as well as in the Store.

ne1

gregor7777 said:
Short of deleting items, I can't get my contest top 10 to match by real top 10. :(
Perhaps it doesn't matter and they'll gift according to the correct order. (But I wouldn't take any chances.)

JoeBoy101

Once I get back on my main computer, making a wishlist. Can you put pre-orders in on your wishlist??

Also, biting on Alpha Protocol.

JoeBoy101 said:
Once I get back on my main computer, making a wishlist. Can you put pre-orders in on your wishlist??

Also, biting on Alpha Protocol.
Yeah, you can put pre-orders in it. Doesn´t say anything about them in the contest rules.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
gregor7777 said:
Short of deleting items, I can't get my contest top 10 to match by real top 10. :(
I think only certain games are eligible. I can't seem to get civilization V or amnesia to appear on the contest top 10 wish-list.

RickA238

As stated in the other Steam thread, put me down for a copy of Borderlands in the 6-pack, whoever ends up buying it. My Steam account name is ricka238. PM me with info.

Instro

gregor7777 said:

I think it takes some time to update, I edited it earlier and it has reflected my changes. I just changed it again a few minutes ago but it hasnt updated on the contest top 10 yet, So im guessing it just takes a bit of time.

Smash88

Banned
I have 20 games on my wishlist! COME ON STEAM GIVE ME SOMETHING FREE! :lol

Also do the Game of the Year and Ultimate Editions count as one game? Or two?

amrod

Shank - $10.04 (33% off)
Indie Energy Pack (Brainpipe, Galcon Fusion, Gridrunner Revolution, ProtoGalaxy, Quantz) - $4.99 (90% off)
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - $10.50 (70% off)

Bought :)

thy_

Lafiel said:
I think only certain games are eligible. I can't seem to get civilization V or amnesia to appear on the contest top 10 wish-list.

Something weird is going on, but you can get the games you want on the list if you reduce your Wishlist to 10 games.

Currently if I put a eleventh game on my wishlist (on position 11) my #4 gets thrown out of the contest page and #5 to #11 rise one spot.

ne1

I truly despise them for coming up the daily deals scam. When there was just a great big sale and everything available at once at least I had somewhat of a chance of keeping my cool and only getting the essentials. But this always ends in... madness and bleeding wallet. :(

As mentioned, it seems like it just takes awhile before the contest list updates.

Mine has fully updated now and I didn't have to remove anything. Took about 30 minutes.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Lafiel said:
Nah, Civ V shows up fine on mine.

Also I've heard its mediocre, but damn, AP for 7.50 is too good to pass up. Damnit Steam!

Darklord said:
Is the wishlist thing only for released games or will it count if I have pre-releases?

It let me put Portal 2, Brink, and Deus Ex in my wishlist and they showed up under the section for the contest that shows your wishlist

kenta

Has no PEINS
ne1 said:
Yeah, AFAIK you have to use the client.
Ah, I just realized the wishlist is on the Steam Community site, which you have to explicitly log into separately. As soon as I logged in I was able to rearrange them

Edit: I should have refreshed

Top Bottom