• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
ZZMitch said:
Doh, was watching top gun, missed free half life 2 :lol

Yeah, I have never played it because I just entered PC gaming a few months ago and only built a gaming PC last month.
Dude, if you're just entering PC gaming then The Orange Box has to be like...your first purchase. Some of the most value you'll ever get.

roMonster

Mostly unreleased games. heh. Too bad Bulletstorm is not on Steam yet. :(

IHYOt.png

confused

Banned
Stallion Free said:
YES Alpha Protocol is moving up the top sellers, MAKE IT NUMBER 1!

The game is flawed but it's a goddamn gem.

I did my part. waiting on impressions to jump in on Prototupe. come on GAF.

.nimrod

So, who's buying the Borderlands 6-pack? I can't due to the shitty euro prices :/

Fireflu said:
Love you steam! Will be splurgin'

Btw if anyone has any left over HL2 EP1 or EP2 from any packs i would love them forever... :)
Send me a pm with your steam id or email and i'll gift you HL2EP1

Instro

So I bought Alpha Protocol, quick question here. I notice on the store page it says it takes up 12GB, yet the download Steam gives me shows as 1GB, what up with that?

Stitch

Gold Member
do you like to throw cars at helicopters and mass murder millions of innocent people?
then get prototype.

randomwab

Anyone want to gift me a copy of Alpha Protocol for a Steam serial of DiRT2? I got the code with my GPU a couple of months ago, and it's just been lying here since.

RickA238

1-D_FTW said:
People still don't have HL2? I'll gift HL2 and Episode 1 to the first person to quote me.

1-D_FTW made good on his post; he just gifted HL2 and HL2:Ep 1 to me. Awesome GAF/Steam member, repped!

You don't have to have only 10 items - the thing just takes a while to update the list in the contest page.

What are my chances of winning? About 1:1000000 if every Steam user has a wishlist. Depressing.

5205201674_b2a1e59204_z.jpg

There is no Dragon Age Ultimate Edition in the EU right? Because I can't seem to find it.

Right now I have Portal 2, Super Meat Boy, Dragon Age, Oblivion, en New Vegas. I don't care about expensive games, I just want to play these games. And my PC probably even can't handle most of these games.

Portal 2
Rage
Brink
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

That's my list. I think after buying a game like Alpha Protocol I deserve to win, because that is a complete gamble! :lol

Smash88

Banned
Danne-Danger said:
If you don't buy Alpha Protocol at that price you are not a nice person.

Will wait for $2 sale. I don't want to gamble on a game that I've heard so many bad things about. Plus this sale + christmas sale will destroy me. Go go Ramen and Water! :lol

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to get together for a Deus Ex pack? My disc copy has been lost for a few years, and I dont care for Invisible War otherwise I'd pick up the collection.

Stitch

Gold Member
Danne-Danger said:
it looks interesting but i don't have enough cereals money

oh btw:

The winners are solely responsible for any taxes applicable to the prizes.

so you still have to pay something for your prizes? oO

Smash88

Banned
Stitch said:

oh btw:

Yay for living in Canada where USA taxes don't apply. :lol

MoFuzz

How was the performance for Alpha Protocol PC? Is it possible to sustain 60fps w AA/AF on a mid range setup?

How's M&K controls for this game? Or is gamepad or suited to the gameplay?

I see the game features the dreaded gigantic circular crosshair of console shittiness. I wonder if it can be changed/removed...

Salsa

I really have my doubts about Portal 2 working for the 5 picks wishlist. I dont see how they could give it to you know, i mean if it was available for pre-order i guess it would work, but right now ? mmh..

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Smash88 said:
Will wait for $2 sale. I don't want to gamble on a game that I've heard so many bad things about. Plus this sale + christmas sale will destroy me. Go go Ramen and Water! :lol
What bad things? Go read the OT, the majority of impressions are completely positive.

Metalic Sand said:
be a nice person and buy it for someone!

No i dont want that POS garbage
Have you played it? Then don't spew shit about it.

MoFuzz said:
How was the performance for Alpha Protocol PC? Is it possible to sustain 60fps w AA/AF on a mid range setup?

How's M&K controls for this game? Or is gamepad or suited to the gameplay?

I see the game features the dreaded gigantic circular crosshair of console shittiness. I wonder if it can be changed/removed...
It's UE3 so it runs about the same as any other UE3 game. It *needs* a controller for some of the mini games and feels good on it in general. Button prompts change IIRC.

Fjolle

Stitch said:

oh btw:

No. It means that they won't tell IRS that you won. If you want to tell irs you have to pay taxes on it ;)

Also some american should buy a borderlands pack i could join in on :p

And I can't Protogalaxy with drkirby :(

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
morningbus said:
God-damn, that is a deep discount on Alpha Protocol.
Yes, yes it is!

I was more than willing to pay a tenner,but £5 is most certainly instabuy territory.

I wonder how many people have hastily drawn up a wish list for this little sweepstake. You' have to be incredibly shallow just to have done so to have a small chance of winning stuff.

Yes, I done it too :p

Not bad deals but I think I'll hold out on today. I made a wishlist though lol.

Edit: I'd be in for Borderlands pack

Edit2: My steam name is DUFFMcWALIN

Teknoman

Danne-Danger said:

Theres some kind of texture mod right? I guess I should check out the OT for the game, because it really sounds interesting.

1-D_FTW

Top 5 are:

Portal 2
Red Orchestra 2
Civ V
Fallout: New Vegas
Homefront

Yeah, if I win, I want my money's worth.:lol

EDIT: Forgot about Deus Ex. Hmm. Somebody is getting bumped!

SupaNaab said:
Is there a list or a way to use the Steam search to list only unreleased titles available on steam?
Not the steam search, but go to store and then to coming soon, it are only three pages or something.

dorkimoe

really want to try alpha protocol, but even 7.50 is to much with rent due in a few days :(

was gonna do the borderlands pack :(

Instro

My top 5:

Portal 2
New Vegas
Brink
Dues Ex: Human Revolution
Witcher 2

Pretty good top 5 imo, debating whether to sub out Witcher 2 for Rage though.

Excuse me while I go channel my supreme luck and win this bitch
29qnwpw.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Well I bumped cheap stuff like Lara Croft and Morrowind off since I'm willing to buy them later, so my current top 5 is
Portal 2
Witcher
Witcher 2
Civ V
Bloodlines

_Bro

Banned
Super Meat Boy
Mount and Blade: Warband
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Penumbra: Black Plague

The best list.

izz6s0.png

I feel kind of scummy for putting only full priced unreleased games in my list. But then again I do great PR work for Valve and Steam every chance I get.

I wonder if we will get to find out the names of the winners. I hope they use some type of criteria to choose. Like only choosing from accounts with games on them that have been active in the last 2 or 3 months. Hopefully some long abandoned account that was only used for a free copy of Alien Swarm or Portal doesn't get chosen.

Not like any of us really have a chance to win anyway, I'm just saying that I hope the gift doesn't go to waste.

ZZMitch

The_Technomancer said:
Dude, if you're just entering PC gaming then The Orange Box has to be like...your first purchase. Some of the most value you'll ever get.
Well I already have TF2 and Portal :D

graywolf323

my top 10

The Witcher 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dead Rising 2
Portal 2
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Homefront
Football Manager 2011
Dungeon Siege III