• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading |OT| beta-testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capndrake

If anybody's got a Genuine Wingstick (From prepurchasing RAGE) I'll trade a copy of Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2 for it.

UnluckyKate said:
I still can't launch Steam anymore since the beta update.

Crash at laucnh.
Mac? known problem, your only option for now is to delete steam (not the library) redownload and install and DO NOT apply for the beta, once steam changes to the beta is when the problem appears, I guess a hot fix is in the works.

Milly79

Not sure if this is a beta bug, or a Mac bug, but...

If I go to a person's Community page, it says they are added. They do not show up in my list anymore.
If I manually add them onto my list, it says they are added. They do not show up in my list.

I know before the beta they would show up in your list regardless if the person had added you or not.

When they add me is when they start showing up.

Acidote

My problem is solved. I logged in with a different account and then it worked.

And this happened too:

wT7LH.png

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Baha

Pandoracell said:
That's what they go for on the store, so are you accounting for the fact that they're genuine to boost the price to that?

The G. Pip boy goes for 2 keys or so and the G. Anger goes for 3-4 keys. Together they're worth a little over a bills.

TGMIII

Got:
Condition-zero
Counter-strike 1.6
Day of Defeat 1.3
Deathmatch classic
Half-life 1
Half-life 2 + Half-life 2 DM
Half-life blueshift
Left 4 Dead 1
2x Terraria

Add me if you're interested in any of the above. ID:V_deck

The Omega Man said:
Mac? known problem, your only option for now is to delete steam (not the library) redownload and install and DO NOT apply for the beta, once steam changes to the beta is when the problem appears, I guess a hot fix is in the works.

great thanks

Well, since I had such great success here yesterday, thought I'd try it again and maybe clear out some of these gifts I've had sitting around since the golden potato get.

I'm after: Bastion.

and for this I offer ALL of the following: Portal 1, counter strike source, half life 2 deathmatch, half life 2 ep 1, left 4 dead (goty edition, whatever that means) and team fortress 2 (must have something over free to play, special item? ability to trade? dunno.)

pm me on gaf or send me a message on steam, I am named there much as I am here.

JackEtc

I have a DiRT 3 code for grabs, but that's it right now. I'll be looking through everyone's inventories, but anyone is welcome to hit me up with an offer (TF2 Items or games). I'll look at all offers, but I am especially interested in a Aperture Labs Hard Hat. If you had that included in your offer, it would be quite nice.

Here's my TF2 Inventory: http://tf2b.com/?id=Jaklap Nothing really rare there though...

Scipius

A Dog Chasing Cars said:
No? Did I do something wrong?

No, but I think he might be referring to the fact that you have a well-stocked backpack as it is. Have you never traded before? You could easily get some more hats for your existing doubles.

MedIC86 said:
If anyone cares, here is what i have for trade:

Not bad for such a small backpack. The Genuine stuff can still fetch a good amount of metal. You haven't played in a long time though?

MRORANGE

JackEtc said:
I have a DiRT 3 code for grabs,

so you did have codes already, which makes this even more amusing:

Salih said:
you know what really sucks? not being honest.

KelNQ.png

not funny, JackEtc.

a. you already have the game.
b. dat playtime.

sry bro.

He tried to claim another Dirt 3 key from a Gaffer who was giving them for free, but he already had the game and got caught out lol.

JackEtc

MRORANGE said:
so you did have codes already, which makes this even more amusing:

He tried to claim another Dirt 3 key from a Gaffer who was giving them for free, when he already had the game lol.
Ugh, I already fucking went over this. A friend of mine wanted one, and I tried to get it for him. I can SHOW you the PM I sent him! I'm not a dick, why would I try to get another for myself? Christ.

He later got a code on his own, and then I got another from the Korea contest thing.

beje

Banned
So... how much in cash for Bill's Hat, Ellis Hat, Alien Parasyte and Frying Pan? They appear on Yellow so I assume they're the only worthy stuff I have.

beje said:
So... how much in cash for Bill's Hat, Ellis Hat, Alien Parasyte and Frying Pan? They appear on Yellow so I assume they're the only worthy stuff I have.
Not sure what the other three are worth since they're more common, but the Bill's Hat is $8~.

JackEtc

beje said:
The only thing that's worth much is Bill's. It's about $8.

Scipius

futuramaguy42 said:
I'm pretty sure you can't even trade the alien hat.

Some you can, others you can't; it varies. Even if he can trade his, it's only worth pennies, just like the Cap and Pan.

MNC

Just wondering, is it possible to buy a game as a gift then use it in the trading screen? Or do you have to have gotten the gift pass from before?

Because... If you can't buy a game someone is looking for a trade, you'd have to gift it to them normally, and they'd have to gift their game to you normally as well, ultimately destroying the whole purpose of this thing.

masterkajo

MNC said:
Just wondering, is it possible to buy a game as a gift then use it in the trading screen? Or do you have to have gotten the gift pass from before?

Because... If you can't buy a game someone is looking for a trade, you'd have to gift it to them normally, and they'd have to gift their game to you normally as well, ultimately destroying the whole purpose of this thing.
I bought a game and chose buy as a gift and sent it to one of my email adresses and voila it is now under my inventory ready for trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom