• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Cleaning Simulator |OT| We Clean Your Garbage

eLffK.png

Cbx2x.png

Street Cleaning Simulator is a new PC game developed by TML Studios. The game is distributed by Excalibur Publishing. It has already been released.

Players will have the possibility of starting a city cleaning and maintenance business, and they will have specialized washing and cleaning vehicles at their disposal.

As soon as the gamers get used to how things operate they will be able to go on the streets. They will have to look out for traffic and pedestrians. The cleaning vehicle will need water and gas, as well as attention regarding the level of stored trash. The game has nine key controls just for the position of your sweeping brushes, so don't buy this expecting to have a easy time, it's hard, like it's supposed to.

Finale box art can be seen below.

cR8fE.jpg

oqqsY.png

Despite it being out for some time there isn't too many reviews. Gamespot has however taken their time to do a full review.

Gamespot 1.5/10.

The prospect of Street Cleaning Simulator may not sound appealing, but there's merit in simulation games. It's not possible to try out every job in the world, and for many of us, these games are the only way we'll get to try our hand at farming, surgery, traffic management, or, in this case, street cleaning.
The problem with trying to obey the traffic laws is that the other cars don't. You might be patiently waiting at a red light when out of nowhere a deranged driver in a Vauxhall Corsa crashes into you, after pinging off a few dozen other cars. If you're lucky, this causes your street sweeper to grind to a halt.
The most exciting moment in the game occurs in the final level, when the mayor assigns you to clean up a mess that resembles a mixture of blood, vomit, and soot following a New Year's Eve party

Metro 2/10

Crasscast 4/10

Other none professional user reviews

volcom1722 on youtube comments
my life is complete.

Damotron500on Amazon 5/5
I am writing this review on my phone from a hospital bed. I was rushed here after collapsing from dehydration and exhaustion, after a 72 hour stretch of playing this game without pause. If i am fated to die, i will do so smiling from ear to ear, with the calmness of an ocean breeze, knowing that i have cleaned my digital streets and banished forever, the spectre of chewing gum from my dreams.

Jeffrey Greeley on Amazon 5/5

So I just got off a 4 day stint, working real hard cleaning the streets of Detroit of all its impurities. That's right, I'm an honest trash man. It's me you can thank for keeping Motor City a place that all of America can look up to. And when the day is done, what better way to spend my time than brushing up on the skills in a co-op game with my good buddy Russ. Now look, I don't want you all to get the wrong idea here. See, I don't always play simulators. Just ain't my thing. But Street Cleaning Simulator is just... different. The refuse animation engine they've got doing all the backend work is just about photo realistic. You can practically smell the streets, that's just how real it is. Does something for me. The boys at Central say there's talk of adding a couple Scania P270 side-loaders to our collection, come September, maybe sooner. First time I unlocked the P270, the little fuzzies all stood up. You know, the ones on the back of the neck. They all stood up at once - really was some feeling. Take it from a Pro, this here is more than just some simulator. It is a gateway to a way of life.

y2GhA.png

VlOGM.jpg
UtDgW.jpg

ElNDQ.jpg
4kTlI.jpg

ZT8I5.png

Trailer 1:22 min

Gamespot now playing. 17 min.

Gameplay. 20 min.

iLS1g3TegJBnE.gif

Ta7vn.png

Minimun requirements

- Windows XP (SP3)/ Vista / 7
- Processor with 2.6 GHz Duo Core
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB free hard drive space
- NVIDIA GeForce 98xx or equivalent ATI graphics card
- DirectX 9.0c
- Sound card
- DVD drive

I don't have a lot of info on tweaking and stuff like that but it performs very well on gtx570, according to fraps I am getting over 1000 frames per second. But I also turned off the blur effect as it was giving me a head ache and the game sadly does not support anti aliasing.

H8ybC.png

Cheapest way out is amazon with a pretty good deal :
Amazon £14.99

You can also chose to support the publisher directly and buy it on
Excalibur-Publishing £24.99

Final notes : This is my first OT so I hope you enjoy it. Sorry for any mistakes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Greatest OP on GAF... THIS YEAR!

Also those cleaners must be completely easy to tip over in real life, man.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Freaking best OT ever! Thank you so much for this WoodenLung :D

GavinGT

Banned
Based on that one video, I give Gamespot's Now Playing feature a 1.5/10. That was worse than watching a QL starring Matt Kessler's ass.

Makoto

I had my doubts when I booted up this gem but once I started it, I knew from the very beginning that I was in for a rollercoaster ride Michael Bay could only dream about. Our protagonist begins life as a novice street cleaner and as the players progresses, we come to learn about the challenges associated with his job. As we dive deeper into the job though, we learn that the protagonist's street cleaning past is darker than we're led to believe and that the city holds an even darker secret. I won't go on any further because I don't want to spoil it for you guys but the developer's intricate use of symbolism and metaphor in this game is beyond that of the works of F. Scott Fitzgerald. This game is an achievement in entertainment.

vidal said:
I had my doubts when I booted up this gem but once I started it, I knew from the very beginning that I was in for a rollercoaster ride Michael Bay could only dream about. Our protagonist begins life as a novice street cleaner and as the players progresses, we come to learn about the challenges associated with his job. As we dive deeper into the job though, we learn that the protagonist's street cleaning past is darker than we're led to believe and that the city holds an even darker secret. I won't go on any further because I don't want to spoil it for you guys but the developer's intricate use of symbolism and metaphor in this game is beyond that of the works of F. Scott Fitzgerald. This game is an achievement in entertainment.
Well, I'm sold on it.

And a new candidate for a Child's Play gaming marathon was born...

And yes, this thread is a serious contender for OT of the year.

EDIT: Vidal, you're my hero.

Ardenyal said:
How's the steering wheel support on this one? 900 degree, force feedback etc.

It still uses hidden assists even on Simulation steering mode so it's totally GARBAGE if you want fully realistic, unassisted steering. The game drives itself.

Rich!

Had this at my work, brought it for £10. Will post screenshots and impressions when I get it delivered!

GavinGT

Banned
BoobPhysics101 said:
It still uses hidden assists even on Simulation steering mode so it's totally GARBAGE if you want fully realistic, unassisted steering. The game drives itself.

No need to make SWEEPING generalizations.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ranger X said:
Is this the type of game that is so bad that we simply laugh at it or it's the "so bad that it's good" type?

It's a bit of both. I mean, the game is clearly crap, but the concept is intriguing. Videogames based on everyday, mundane activities are strangely appealing to me.

That being said, the last time I dropped money on a weird, janky simulation game was with Prison Tycoon 2, and that was a total waste. Games like this are probably more suited for a Let's Play than anything else.

Ranger X

Snuggler said:
It's a bit of both. I mean, the game is clearly crap, but the concept is intriguing. Videogames based on everyday, mundane activities are strangely appealing to me.

That being said, the last time I dropped money on a weird, janky simulation game was with Prison Tycoon 2, and that was a total waste. Games like this are probably more suited for a Let's Play than anything else.

Same here. But I always have this exact fear that the game will indeed be just a pile of...

ksimm

Awesome OT, did it take you two months to prepare?
I think I'll wait for the Gold editon with bundled sewer cleaner.

SirButterstick said:
Any word on DLC?

No but I have seen many request for a full on expansion dealing with toilet cleaning. Hopefully they will listen to the suggestions.

ksimm said:
Awesome OT, did it take you two months to prepare?
I think I'll wait for the Gold editon with bundled sewer cleaner.

I took two months off. But I think it was worth it.

Top Bottom