• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Jagotron

Neo Member
So has anyone seen if there is anything new in the files? Maybe nostalgia costumes? It seems like capcom just stole the modded alex skins so how long could it take?

read on srk legacy support requires ds4 to activate so it's not plug and play? if i have only one ds4, i can't use ps3 joystick as a second controller?

Coda

You do it from an .ini file. Unless you laptop is way better than the required specs to run the game, it's not worth it though, you'd get tearing and dropped frames. That and the game add most of the shaped off input lag back while playing online.

Difference between PS4 and PC with v-synce off while playing online is about 1 frame. Even with v-synce off you still get ~115 ms of input delay while playing online.

My laptop is pretty beastly, got a 980M GeForce inside. Think I should turn it off? I'll take any advantage I can get haha.

JayEH

So has anyone seen if there is anything new in the files? Maybe nostalgia costumes? It seems like capcom just stole the modded alex skins so how long could it take?

Stephen-A.jpg

NEO0MJ

Just Juri. I got Ibuki and Rog already. I'll get Alex and Guile when Urien comes out or with fight money. Since I was forced to add $10, I might as well get a stage or Cammy's premium.

I see. Wouldn't it have been better to just buy the season pass in that case? Though I guess it's too late for that now. Wish Capcom could have done was MS did for KI and made character cheaper with each new purchase though they might not have felt comfortable doing that when you can unlock some of them with FM.

My laptop is pretty beastly, got a 980M GeForce inside. Think I should turn it off? I'll take any advantage I can get haha.

With a card like that it should handle it just fine. Even factoring coding to the metal™ you laptop is probably still stronger than a PS4.

Baleoce

I'm sorry but Juri's new theme is shit. By the time the music kicks in, the round would already be finished. And is forgettable compared to her SSF4's theme.

Yeah say what you will and personal tastes and all that (not really my cup of tea tbh), but it's ridiculous that her actual theme doesn't kick in til the 55 second mark.

Jagotron

Neo Member
Im just saying it seems pretty weird that capcom suddenly announced 2 alex skins at their panel, the classic which makes sense but also the bomber jacket? A super irrelevant thing that would make sense to announce as a different skin at a later time but to have both already modeled? With how no other male characters seem to be confirmed for one, theres tons of more requested classic skins: ken, biridie, etc.

Edzi

I just watched the latest Excellent Adventures, and Gootecks really seems kind of clueless about the game. He seemed shocked that anyone would even suggest Ryu was top tier, and he also seems absolutely convinced that PC is naturally less laggy than PS4 (when it requires vsync off, as far as I know).

Also, is it just me, or do the (Ken) trinity constantly downplay how good Ken is? It's kind of off-putting to constantly hear pros downplay their top tier character.

Zackat

J8IcvQc.jpg

Yeah say what you will and personal tastes and all that (not really my cup of tea tbh), but it's ridiculous that her actual theme doesn't kick in til the 55 second mark.

yeah that's true, it takes way too long to start up. There should be abridged stage versions that we can set to hear on our own :D

Im just saying it seems pretty weird that capcom suddenly announced 2 alex skins at their panel, the classic which makes sense but also the bomber jacket? A super irrelevant thing that would make sense to announce as a different skin at a later time but to have both already modeled? With how no other male characters seem to be confirmed for one, theres tons of more requested classic skins: ken, biridie, etc.

maybe they're just reusing Capcom Fighting All-Stars assets

Big Brett

I just watched the latest Excellent Adventures, and Gootecks really seems kind of clueless about the game. He seemed shocked that anyone would even suggest Ryu was top tier, and he also seems absolutely convinced that PC is naturally less laggy than PS4 (when it requires vsync off, as far as I know).

Also, is it just me, or do the (Ken) trinity constantly downplay how good Ken is? It's kind of off-putting to constantly hear pros downplay their top tier character.

I feel like since they're so character loyal they notice the glaring issues over the goodness. Also Brentt and Chris seem to overplay a lot of issues they have with the game. I remember Chris complaining about how broken Gief was a while back, i think on WNF.

Xeteh

Yeah, I was watching WNF a while back and ChrisT was doing commentary with... Sajam iirc and the entire time instead of doing commentary on the match he would take about how whatever character was currently on screen had so many better tools than Ken. It was insufferable.

Menitta

I see. Wouldn't it have been better to just buy the season pass in that case? Though I guess it's too late for that now. Wish Capcom could have done was MS did for KI and made character cheaper with each new purchase though they might not have felt comfortable doing that when you can unlock some of them with FM.

Hindsight is 20/20. At the time, I was buying way too many games, yet I really wanted to play Ibuki. So I just bought her, and Guile's stage with FM. So there was no point to buying the season pass after that. I'm not gonna make the same mistake with Season 2 though. I guess it helps that I don't like most of the premium costumes.

JayEH

Most of the FGC thinks that PC is 4 frames of lag which to me just goes to show how much people can (or can't) detect lag.

Also Gootecks didn't know you had to buy the DLC characters and was pissed that he spent all his FM on stupid shit like titles lol.

Most of the FGC thinks that PC is 4 frames of lag which to me just goes to show how much people can (or can't) detect lag.

Also Gootecks didn't know you had to buy the DLC characters and was pissed that he spent all his FM on stupid shit like titles lol.

dang, how many ebooks is that for all six?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Four out of six characters in and he didnt know you had to buy them? Lol.

Coda

With a card like that it should handle it just fine. Even factoring coding to the metal™ you laptop is probably still stronger than a PS4.

Word, upon looking into it further though it generally seems like a bad idea to turn it off both for getting used to something that isn't what most play as and the other side effects that come with it.

Sayad

I have a GTX970(which should be better than your's) on my desktop and turning it off wasn't worth it, granted, I didn't try changing graphic options after doing so, just turned it back on. Try it for yourself, turning it on/off doesn't take more than few seconds.

Korezo

How much is the pc version? Game felt great when I had a gsync monitor.

Coda

Just curious what people rock for PC settings:

I turned the Post-Processing on Low and Anti-Aliasing on Medium. The rest of the settings are on High. I feel like my computer can handle it but I'm weary to put settings on Maximum.

I remember hearing an interview with LI Joe where he also downplayed Nash early on. Then in his latest interview after EVO, he admitted that most top players will downplay their characters. Combofiend has already said Ken is easily top 3 in the game.

I think it speaks more to the game's very close tier balance, as opposed to earlier SF entries & other fighting games, that we can honestly have subjective debates on how the cast's tier is shaking out thus far. There are some very obvious characters who have greater output for less effort you have to put in, but seeing how well Itabashi Zangief & how some of the Sim players are doing just reassures me that every member of the cast is really viable this time around.

I'm hoping this trend continues going into year 2.

Yeah, I was watching WNF a while back and ChrisT was doing commentary with... Sajam iirc and the entire time instead of doing commentary on the match he would take about how whatever character was currently on screen had so many better tools than Ken. It was insufferable.

What was even more hilarious about this WNF in particular was that he even subconsciously stated why Ken had such stubby normals (Ken's biggest hinderance according to ChrisT) when he said his work around to the stub normals was to get the opponent in the corner so that they had less space by which to retreat to (meaning the range on Ken's buttons were much less of an issue). When you take into account that Ken has several moves that can corner carry (Back throw, any combo ending in HK Tatsu), one of the ways they obviously decided to balance him was to make Ken get closer in the neutral game, since he can get a mountain of corner pressure off of very little.

But ChrisT was too busy complaining about Ken to see the full picture.

Xeteh

What was even more hilarious about this WNF in particular was that he even subconsciously stated why Ken had such stubby normals (Ken's biggest hinderance according to ChrisT) when he said his work around to the stub normals was to get the opponent in the corner so that they had less space by which to retreat to (meaning the range on Ken's buttons were much less of an issue). When you take into account that Ken has several moves that can corner carry (Back throw, any combo ending in HK Tatsu), one of the ways they obviously decided to balance him was to make Ken get closer in the neutral game, since he can get a mountain of corner pressure off of very little.

But ChrisT was too busy complaining about Ken to see the full picture.

The whole way he talks about Ken despite the character being very good has totally soured me on him. Every time I see him compete I'm just waiting to see him lose.

Top Bottom