• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

I don't think animations are being beta tested here. They didn't even talk about the gameplay changes as potentially being revised due to feedback from the beta. Just like the three pre-launch betas, everything is set in stone aside from networking stuff.

I think the air throw's animation will be revised eventually but it'll be like a year from now and probably patched in without warning.

This can't be right. That animation is clearly unfinished.

HardRojo

Fuck I'm so salty right now. I swear I'm inputting my shit patiently and correctly, but I've already lost 3 ranked matches that I had virtually won, simply because my Urien decided to do a headbutt instead of the HP fireball after a cr.HP, which completely threw me off and my brain simply goes kaput when that shit happens. Fuck I'm really salty because I haven't made those mistakes in a while and it's costed me hard, I had basically won those for fuck's sake. Damn I need to vent, my brain even goes into slow mo when it's time to input the QCF for the fireball I swear.
They straight up said they don't want to remove the water.

The stage is beautiful as is, and they don't want to change it.
IIRC there was a mod not too long after that made the stage tournament ready and didn't do completely away with the water, it looked fine.

I don't think animations are being beta tested here. They didn't even talk about the gameplay changes as potentially being revised due to feedback from the beta. Just like the three pre-launch betas, everything is set in stone aside from networking stuff.

I think the air throw's animation will be revised eventually but it'll be like a year from now and probably patched in without warning.

Did he give a reason as to why this weekend? I expect the same thing but I don't see them announcing it at WonderCon. I'm extremely cautiously optimistic about Season 2 surprises but if we're getting anything I figure they'll save those announcements for E3 or Evo.

I want Sagat, too, if only to remove him from the "popular and obvious DLC characters" list so I can get someone I care about like Dan.

Not really. It would be good of them to get arcade mode out of the way now though so new features can get announced.

In terms of announcements it'll probably just be the DLC shit tbh.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
giphy.gif

They could have made it lika flying bulldog that just dropped straight down. Still would have side switched and looked better than that weirdness.

Edzi

They could have made it lika flying bulldog that just dropped straight down. Still would have side switched and looked better than that weirdness.

They could have just fixed up/altered the animation a bit and given it to Alex as his spiral DDT. Alex with an air throw would be siiiiick.

MCD250

I just hope this isn't the future of SFV animation quality. But that aside, holly shit did Cammy really need a side switch air grab?!
I...*think*...the air grab is to make up for the fact that with the upcoming patch she won't be able to rely as much on autocorrecting LK DPs to deal with deep jumpins and crossups anymore (the patch notes even mention her DP and air throw together when referencing her moveset). That's basically the only reason I can think of for adding it, as her anti-air and air-to-air game is already pretty damn solid.

The fact that it switches sides though...that's just kinda fucked up.

Pompadour

I just hope this isn't the future of SFV animation quality. But that aside, holly shit did Cammy really need a side switch air grab?!

I don't think it will be. Kolin and Akuma's animations are great. They probably just stuck an intern on Cammy's air throw.

They could have just fixed up/altered the animation a bit and given it to Alex as his spiral DDT. Alex with an air throw would be siiiiick.

Is there any SF character with both an air throw (Gief's air SPD) and an anti-air throw (Alex's knee, Hugo's Shootdown Backbreaker)? It would look cool but be kind of redundant.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I think Capcom didn't want Ryu doing c.HP into Shoryuken with the same arm.

As for Cammy, hopefully Capcom touches up the air grab animation (seeing as they have another month to make some changes to the update).

gonna reply to this again with an additional thought: now his mp --> c.hp combo is the same arm, which is arguably worse looking than a gut punch into uppercut.

edit: but it looks better than before in the f.hp --> c.hp xx DP combo. i don't know what to think!

MCD250

Cammy taking Uriens place as Queen of SFV once the patch hits
Cammy's straight up the only character who started this game being top tier and basically only got stronger with every patch tbh. She's lowkey been queen of SF for a minute.

Would be awesome if they updated every stage to be 60fps.
I think this would be a great idea. I really wish they could rework some of the background NPCs as well (the newer stage NPCs look fine, but some of the older ones are sort of weirdly animated and/or proportioned compared to the playable characters and even the rest of the stage). Probably too much to ask for at this point.

Neoxon

gonna reply to this again with an additional thought: now his mp --> c.hp combo is the same arm, which is arguably worse looking than a gut punch into uppercut.

edit: but it looks better than before in the f.hp --> c.hp xx DP combo. i don't know what to think!
But at the same time, MP doesn't have as much power behind it to where you need to do 2 strong attacks back-to-back.

MCD250

Does Ryu's new cHP not have more range or something? I assumed that was the reason for the change, that they wanted to give the button more range but it'd look a little weird with the old animation since that one stays right in front of his body.

Does Ryu's new cHP not have more range or something? I assumed that was the reason for the change, that they wanted to give the button more range but it'd look a little weird with the old animation since that one stays right in front of his body.

Someone on Twitter said it got a small buff I think. But in V-trigger the hurtbox gets extended?

Edzi

I don't think it will be. Kolin and Akuma's animations are great. They probably just stuck an intern on Cammy's air throw.

Is there any SF character with both an air throw (Gief's air SPD) and an anti-air throw (Alex's knee, Hugo's Shootdown Backbreaker)? It would look cool but be kind of redundant.

Redundant on paper, but in reality it'd give him another decent meterless AA. Knees are useless without EX.

Haven't launched SFV in quite some time. Getting Updating ... then connecting to server failed.
Can't seem to connect, checked twitter and they talk about a PC beta which is new to me. Anyone having this same issue?

Wait. The hurtbox gets extended? Not the hitbox?

That's what I read it as. It was something David tweeted from another guy. I'll see if I can find it later.

Haven't launched SFV in quite some time. Getting Updating ... then connecting to server failed.
Can't seem to connect, checked twitter and they talk about a PC beta which is new to me. Anyone having this same issue?

Connect to the modem directly. SFV is finicky with some routers.

Is this quest on live.eleague.com with a 50/50 chance of one million FM payout serious? That can't be correct.

Where are you seeing that? Only the Facebook, Twitter, bracket and view time quests are showing up for me.

EDIT: Are you just referring to the flavour text on the Twitter one? Pretty sure that's a joke considering the quest is called 50/50 Mix-Up or w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom