• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never played Alpha 3 so I have no idea who Ingrid is. Capcom bring her in.

Why everyone hates her?

Shes a goddess DEM who plays like butt and feels like a self insert deivant art character. Her playstyle is trash, her design is trash, and anyone who likes her is trash too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Never played Alpha 3 so I have no idea who Ingrid is. Capcom bring her in.

Why everyone hates her?

Reject character from the canceled/unreleased Capcom Fighting All-Stars who ended up getting a sprite drawn and used in Capcom Fighting Evolution and versions of SFA3 Double Upper. She's basically Capcom's take at copying SNK's Athena from KOF. Generic "goth-loli-whatever' design. Zzzz.

I like Ingrid's visual design, but her gameplay is completely uninteresting. If she's in, hopefully they rework her entirely. Her role in the world is laughable, but so is the rest of Street Fighter's story.

Edzi

Even though Kolin's normals have been confirmed to be stubby trash, I'm still kind of hopeful since the character seems to be designed around that with her counters and dashes. Hopefully I'm not disappointed.

kirblar

I still don't see Byron there. It looks like some kind of monster with the massive brow and bolts/nails/whatever in the neck. Maybe it's an Illuminati creation, like SF's take on Jack from Tekken?

Edit: CFN says Kolin has 1000 health and stun. Is this old news?
What if it is Jack from Tekken?

Hell, what if everyone left is a guest character- Iori, Jack, Akira?, Garuda.

Producer

Even though Kolin's normals have been confirmed to be stubby trash, I'm still kind of hopeful since the character seems to be designed around that with her counters and dashes. Hopefully I'm not disappointed.

Apparantly alot of her good buttons are plus on block and she has a 3f cLK too so thats something.

MrCarter

Kolin's walk back taunt. Capcom did an amazing job on her.

vtaGCYY.gif

Basically, if you get the 40006 error it means it couldn't immediately communicate with the server, but will continue to try. If you get the 80001 (I think) about a minute later then it couldn't do it and the result is lost and no one got points. Pretty sure the replay is missing then, too.

I hate that I even know this...

It only upload the results if you lose.

Kolin's normals aren't stubby. She's like Nash in that her quick/combo normals are short but she also has a lot of long ranged normals. Her cMK has a ton of range and the second hit of her sweep pushes her out of counter sweep range. Her bRH also has massive range but it's slow as hell. Plus her overhead and v-skill go super far.

The first hit of her sweep may be cancelable if people are saying it is, I didn't mess around with that too much. I was mostly focused on her cMK since it's so good.

That said, I did get to play a longer set with one of the only guys that had as much time with her as I did, and we were both playing super aggressive by the end of our matches. Lots of easy 1-2 hit confirms into corner carry etc. I definitely think you can play her in a very angry and disrespectful way.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230430480]Kolin's normals aren't stubby. She's like Nash in that her quick/combo normals are short but she also has a lot of long ranged normals. Her cMK has a ton of range and the second hit of her sweep pushes her out of counter sweep range. Her bRH also has massive range but it's slow as hell. Plus her overhead and v-skill go super far.

The first hit of her sweep may be cancelable if people are saying it is, I didn't mess around with that too much. I was mostly focused on her cMK since it's so good.

That said, I did get to play a longer set with one of the only guys that had as much time with her as I did, and we were both playing super aggressive by the end of our matches. Lots of easy 1-2 hit confirms into corner carry etc. I definitely think you can play her in a very angry and disrespectful way.[/QUOTE]

That's what I want.

A dirty ass game.

Yes.

Also, the weird thing about Kolin is that her RH is slow and not that impactful looking, but when you hit with it the screen shakes like it's one of Balrog's punches. Really threw me off the first time it happened lol

Also, somebody asked about the best costume and I can't say because the story costume wasn't available, only the default, battle and nostalgia costumes.

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230432530]Also, somebody asked about the best costume and I can't say because the story costume wasn't available, only the default, battle and nostalgia costumes.[/QUOTE]

The nostalgia costume looked a little awkward due to her stance, since the skirt model is obviously stiff in certain places to avoid awkward angles.

Neoxon

Looks like Lupe Fiasco event build may be an older build of Kolin compared to the reveal trailer. Notice how....off.....the camera angle for her intro scene is compared to the reveal trailer.

yGNMnVV.png
KhUoMhK.png

Ryce

I’ve seen a few people suggest that the mohawked figure might be Final Fight’s Abigail, and I’m starting to feel like they might be right. I pored over every CFN entry, and Abigail’s the only character who closely resembles the silhouette besides Mech-Zangief. If it’s not Abigail then it’s a completely original character like Rashid and Laura.

iAft7gi.png

1. Mohawk
  2. Huge brow protrusion like Hugo and the Andore family, whom Abigail looks similar to
  3. The “spikes” are from a studded collar, which fits Abigail’s aesthetic
  4. The figure is absolutely massive, and Abigail is the tallest character in Street Fighter lore
  5. He’s Canadian, which is a major country lacking representation
I personally think he’d have a new design combining elements of Mad Max (studs, face paint) with hockey (shoulder pads).

MCD250

The CFN art isn't really made with the actual game in mind -- it's just one artist's interpretation of what the character might look like. CFN Akuma doesn't look like the actual SFV Akuma.

boZkXml.jpg
That image is somewhat reminiscent of Akuma's premium costume though (white hair, that piece of cloth going over his shoulders, etc.).

Blueblur1

The CFN art isn't really made with the actual game in mind -- it's just one artist's interpretation of what the character might look like. CFN Akuma doesn't look like the actual SFV Akuma.

boZkXml.jpg

I'm at work pouring through some work stuff but I keep thinking about this. I literally just remembered the Akuma art and was about to post but then refreshed the page. lol

Yeah, so ignore the artwork. Its probably Abigail.

Ryce

1. Akuma - DEMON!
2. Kolin - existing female, 1st time playable
3. original male w/ new country & fighting style
4. Abigail - existing male, 1st time playable
5. original female w/ new country & fighting style
6. Garuda - DEMON! (1st time in main series)

The Street Fighter demons sandwiching two first time fighters and two brand new characters. Book it.

I like the idea, but Satsuki is kind of the most obvious silhouette for me. Nah.

I'm still holding out foolhardy hope that it'll turn out to be Simone from Cannon Strike rather than Satsuki.

To be honest though, I'd take a n y o n e over another playable Bison Doll. They'd have to fully revamp her visual design and minimize any gameplay similarities to Cammy in order to get me interested in her.

myco666

boZkXml.jpg

This design is so good. I wish we got this instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom