• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI |OT| VI is for VICTORY

Celcius

°Temp. member
So with this on GFN I’m thinking of grabbing the steam version. Good time to jump into this? I haven’t played a street fighter in so many years so I’ll be overwhelmed I’m sure.
Great time. Lots of other folks are jumping in now too after being hyped about the recent season 2 announcement.

Jesb

Great time. Lots of other folks are jumping in now too after being hyped about the recent season 2 announcement.
Cool. Cool. What edition would you say is the best deal. Standard edition is $40 right now. Deluxe is 20 more and ultimate is 30 more.

Barakov

Problem X is about to have a field day

Street Fighter Yes GIF

I didn't know there were two types of passes for this season, so i bought the character pass instead of the one with the stages. I feel dumb now and PS refund policy is stupid.

Hrk69

Gold Member

Anyone watching CEO?

IjtFpf3.png

Might be the funniest name I've seen in a long time

Last edited:
I suck at Street Fighter (and really) but i refuse to use Modern Controls, idk i'm old school that way even if its stupid. Am i the only one?
Modern controls messed the game up in a sense. Not even just using them, but they handicap the development of characters. Now they have to make sure that each character has an "easy" mode, which inherently goes against the design of someone like a Dhalsim who has always been about technical mastery to even function at a higher level.

Needlecrash

I recently started to main her and there are some matchups that can be a real pain. She's pretty fun to play and can be a brick wall at times though.
I main her and Deejay. There are days in which I'M WITH IT with Manon and others in which I just continuously get bodied. Best I can do is condition the opponent with command grabs and playing footsies hard.

Akuma, I feel, is top tier. Stupid ass damage, fast walk speed, air projectiles and air moves to keep you guessing too. His normals are fucking fast yet stubby. Hard to beat honestly. Especially in the right hands.
I'd be ok with all of this, if he wasn't so easy to use and be affective with.

Paltheos

Akuma is nice but Bison is the one. Them Bison boyz bout to show up and show out lol.

Bison is indeed the shit. I've put a couple hundred matches into him at this point and I think I'm getting the handle.

LK Scissors are dumb at mid-range and nigh unpunishable by most of the cast. I've memorized that counter hit means I get a 2LP follow-up and punish counter means I get a 2MP follow-up because it's that fundamental to his play. Just keep using scissors over and over again until your opponent starts neutral jumping to avoid the pressure. Then mix in jumping attacks. Unfortunately drive rush to get under isn't really an option because Bison's DR is too good - you pass under jumping opponents most of the time (great for his throw game though and general DR->button pressure).

Devil's Reverse Shadow Rise is strong as a combination of Devil's Reverse and Headstomp. It's taken me a bit to adjust from the SF4 version where EX headstomp was this oppressive air-to-air whose invincibility extended up Bison's torso because this new version sucks if you're using it that way. What it's good for is mixups. Empty Shadow Rise to bait the parry expecting headstomp or DR is nasty, as is just going into the air to DR from full-screen to waste enemy mental bandwith and mixing up your DR timing in general when going in. It's a very hard move to AA, even by the pros at least at this point. Rarely do you go for the actual headstomp - really only once you've conditioned your opponent to not expect it so you can chip at their drive bar.

My brain's still too trained from SF4 to use Psycho Mine that much. I'm also having some problems with a corner combo when I do land it. OD Psycho Crusher in the corner is supposed to enable another OD Shadow Rise->Headstomp ground -> 6HP -> Level 3 but I never get the ground bounce I need for the follow-up.

Kneepress Nightmare (level 1) is pretty reliable as a reversal. I find I usually have/am comfortable spending the bar and feel like I'm fairly successful at calling when to use it but I've also been blocked a ton so idk. Psycho Punisher (level 2) might be the coolest level 2 in the game but I haven't found a reliable, common route. I can land off OD Scissors but only when I cancel into them from a crumple state to juggle my opponent the little extra higher needed to time the combo. Kinda circumstantial.

5HP's a good button I've heard but I'm still too scared of the long startup and prefer DR->5MP/4HK when pressuring. 5HK can crumple but the move... looks janky and I don't trust it. 3HK (ze slide) is as degenerate as it always has been, and I can't believe Capcom gave Bison 2HK - That move covers so much space and is safe for some reason in seemingly most situations. I wish 2MK was a little faster so I could cancel into it more easily but I can't ask for everything.

Paltheos

And that's four.

0F3SXWs.png

ESrNNAe.png

NAbMz2i.png

1fSQgkh.png

Went for this on a whim tonight after figuring that I had enough practice. Bison is easy-mode climb for much the same reasons I talked about earlier today. Slide is nigh-unblockable: I feel like I had a 90% success rate with it. Shadow Rise is such a nasty mixup tool, as is DR strike/throw because Bison's so fast and has multiple plus moves on block. My climb tonight was helped by, for some reason, the majority of players I ran into parrying like mad men in response to jumps - I have no clue how many empty jump throws I landed. I consistently had bar for drive reversal so I was rarely pressured and otherwise I just kept scissoring and poking to build back resources because Bison's a degenerate.

And that's four.

0F3SXWs.png

ESrNNAe.png

NAbMz2i.png

1fSQgkh.png

Went for this on a whim tonight after figuring that I had enough practice. Bison is easy-mode climb for much the same reasons I talked about earlier today. Slide is nigh-unblockable: I feel like I had a 90% success rate with it. Shadow Rise is such a nasty mixup tool, as is DR strike/throw because Bison's so fast and has multiple plus moves on block. My climb tonight was helped by, for some reason, the majority of players I ran into parrying like mad men in response to jumps - I have no clue how many empty jump throws I landed. I consistently had bar for drive reversal so I was rarely pressured and otherwise I just kept scissoring and poking to build back resources because Bison's a degenerate.

Well this all makes you about 10,000 times better then me lol, i am forever stuck between diamond platinum. I guess I am terrible lol.
Nice job.

Supposedly he's playing King of the Monsters, an old Neo Geo game that you could select on their arcade machines. Lord knows I dumped tons of quarters into those things back in the day.

Costume 2 colors

Last edited:
New battle pass with Terry shit. Sigh, this will never not aggravate me when we don't get anything for the actual game. The latest "costume" is a custom purple color for Cammy that you can only get by subbing to a twitch channel or some stupidity 🙄

Slightly off topic, but this was good sit down with Steve, Justin and Mena.

My Mount Rushmore would probably be Daigo, Tokido, Justin, and there is no way you can even have one without Alex Valle. He might just be the literal Earth the mountain sits upon. If you told me there was a fifth spot, I'm not sure who I would put on there. At that point you have guys like Spooky that have been the framework for so many events and enabled us to even see them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom