• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut |OT| - PC, PS4, XBO

Well that doesn't sound very good. Can you go into detail on why you found it boring and not very enjoyable to play?

Well, and obviously this is all just my personal opinion, but i didnt enjoy it for several reasons. And i should start by saying that i love anything set in outer space, and the second i saw this game i was completely sold on it, i genuinely thought it was going to be fantastic. But anyway, the story for starters.

The acting is atrocious. You can practically hear the actors turning the pages of the script as they read. It meant i never gave a crap about anything i was doing.

The gameplay is completely one-note. Its repetitive and dull. Repetitive isnt a bad thing necessarily if the game is enjoyable, but this is just dull repetition.

Its confusing. The hud layout sucks and objective markers are hard to spot among the mess of vapour trails, missile markers, explosions, you name it.

Insta fail missions with shitty checkpoints was the killer tho. I got as far as some destroy the carriers mission, i think it was. I tried it a bunch of times, and it would seemingly decide at random each time that no, i hadnt done enough to destroy the carriers, and would fail me. So id lose a load of game time and have to restart the mission from the beginning every time. Even if id taken out like 2 of the 3 carriers, every time i had to start from scratch.

These issues may be fixed in the new version, but i still wouldnt even take the time to re-download it and find out, such was my utter disgust at the game the last time i played it. I couldnt force myself to sit through that game ever again

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I thought the game was a cool concept, but its such a waste how they didnt make more use of being in the actual humanoid form with the robot. Since all it really is used for is turning you into a floating turret...

Such a missed opportunity.

Anyways with that out of the way do hope it sells good on all platforms its being re-released on.

PC version is up on Steam as a separate title. $19.99

Discounted to $2.99 (I don't know if you only need the original title or that plus all of the DLC since I own it all).

Broritos

I don't own Zero but I own Infinity and the 2.99 discounted is displayed for me.

Just FYI for those of you who only own Infinity.

I'm interested and I thought it looked good... but if it's terrible, I have other things to play.

I guess I'll wait for more impressions/reviews.

jonabbey

I just bought this on the PSN web store, PS+ discount and all. Looking forward to playing this on the PS4 when I get home.

Foxix Von

Yikes, I think there's supposed to be audio playing from the controller but for whatever reason it's whisper quiet.

Foxix Von

So far I'm still in the tutorial segments but I can tell you right now this game needs better controller options.

Right now everything but the colonial settings don't make sense to my hands for aiming. Conversely, however the trigger functions become flipped which is really annoying.

Edit: ugh the controls are worse than I thought since you can't adjust the controls for fighter mode independently of strike mode.

I'm enjoying what I'm playing on X1 so far. The audio is a bit wonky when it comes to the voice actors (the volume isn't proportionate to the music they have playing), and the loading times are a bit long at times (leaderboards especially), but the game itself is pretty fun.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I wasn't going to bother upgrading until I saw it was only $2.99. Considering I didn't own the DLC, I think that's well worth it.

EmpReb

Banned
Is this a rail shooter guys or free movement?
Own the PC version that this upgrade is based on. ITs free movement and its wonderful transforming from fighter mode into IMFIREEEEINNNGGG MY MISSLES mecha. The kill count you can do with that mecha is crazy against fighters.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Ha! Never mind me asking for PS4 performance; it turns out I own Strike Suit Zero on Steam.

Fucking hell, I had no idea.

Edit: It also seems you can purchase it as a gift at the owner's discount price as well. Potentially great loophole if someone wants to test it out.

Zapages

Music of the game is awesome... The game is repetitive with the later levels, but I don't find the game too difficult if you play with a strategy or mindlessly.

I have it on the PC and I played with a keyboard and mice. :)

Foxix Von

It plays well on PS4, but I can't make much sense out of the default stick controls.
That's because the controls are fucking horrendous.

It doesn't matter what control scheme you use they're all terrible. Whoever decided that pitch should be mapped to both analogs is an idiot. Not to mention how backwards the controls instantly become when you enter strike mode.

It's weird because all the motion and reticule acceleration feels great. It could technically control flawlessly it's just that the button mapping is flapping insane.

It's even worse for me as I can technically aim with either stick just fine. It's just that my left hand expects an inverted y axis and my right hand doesn't. So my both of my hands are constantly fighting the pitch controls to aim.

EmpReb

Banned
That's because the controls are fucking horrendous.

It doesn't matter what control scheme you use they're all terrible. Whoever decided that pitch should be mapped to both analogs is an idiot. Not to mention how backwards the controls instantly become when you enter strike mode.

It's weird because all the motion and reticule acceleration feels great. It could technically control flawlessly it's just that the button mapping is flapping insane.

It's even worse for me as I can technically aim with either stick just fine. It's just that my left hand expects an inverted y axis and my right hand doesn't. So my both of my hands are constantly fighting the pitch controls to aim.
Yeah they are.... What I did in the original was rebound the fighter and fighter mode for the strike suit in to like a R/C airplane set up for my Xbox 360 controller and the mecha in a FPS like set up. Work wonderfully and you feel like a badass. I don't know if you can do that for Consoles though.

Foxix Von

Yeah they are.... What I did in the original was rebound the fighter and fighter mode for the strike suit in to like a R/C airplane set up for my Xbox 360 controller and the mecha in a FPS like set up. Work wonderfully and you feel like a badass. I don't know if you can do that for Consoles though.
Nope! You're stuck with this bullshit.
glgeeC7.jpg

Z9pQKIO.jpg

ZZqB0TH.jpg

ocAXvBx.jpg

biv9W4x.jpg

lmMr7nP.jpg

Also the audio that's supposed to come out of the controller is definitely completely broken. Anyone know how Sony is at handling refunds? I'm not sure I can physically play this. :(

Nope! You're stuck with this bullshit.

Also the audio that's supposed to come out of the controller is definitely completely broken. Anyone know how Sony is at handling refunds? I'm not sure I can physically play this. :(

From Playstation.com

It's always frustrating to spend your hard-earned money on something, only to have it not meet your expectations. While the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement prevent us from granting refunds in this situation, we do have a few suggestions on how to make your next purchase a sure-fire hit:

That's the official line, I'm sure if someone has had success it will be out there or about in another GAF thread possibly.

Foxix Von

From Playstation.com

That's the official line, I'm sure if someone has had success it will be out there or about in another GAF thread possibly.
Thanks for the heads up. I ask mainly because I remember someone managing to fanagle a refund for dustforce due to performance issues on the Vita.

EmpReb

Banned
Thanks for the heads up. I ask mainly because I remember someone managing to fanagle a refund for dustforce due to performance issues on the Vita.
And while MS DID give refunds on the Xbone for BF4's troubles.............. hum this is interesting.(I owned xbone but returned it because I found I was playing my PC or my old consoles. :/)

Edit: I guess the PC version still is the best then...... kind of sad really... i would think they would have play at least a jet fighter game like Ace Combat and seen how good that is.

aro52

Only played the first 2 missions, but the Colonial settings are working for me. The stick config on the others is just back asswards.

Top Bottom