• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League season three debuts to less than 300 Steam players

Vyse

Gold Member
Blessed year

IMG-1032.jpg
Lot of slop there my friend.

The level of denial at WB games is off the charts. It must be captured by ideologues to such a huge degree that they just can’t accept what is blindingly obvious to everyone else.
No they get it. They’re just talking the usual bullshit to shareholders cause they know what they want to hear. If we look at actions not words

- Wonder Woman single player only game
- WB Montreal DC hero single player only game
- Rocksteady rumored Batman reboot single player only
- Opening up IP to license out, presumably allowing single player games for other DC heroes

Suicide Squad and Gotham Knights taught them their lesson

How much more content do they have to put out to cover the season pass?
None? There is no season pass
There are battle passes though, but only one of them was included in the deluxe edition, every season comes with a new battle pass (they don't expire) so there's 3 now.
However the seasons and characters were already announced at launch, they are shown when you beat the main story, deathstroke is the next one and batman will probably return then.
The game was supposed to have at least 6 seasons to wrap up the epilogue story, but it probably won't make it past deathstroke's season.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There's one character left for the final season. Right?
It can't be more cringe than jonkler, Mrs Frigid and Sassy ethical thieve.
If there's another character, I'm going to take a guess it's Clayface's assistant in BTAS. The ass kisser buddy who seemed real chummy with Clayface.

Last edited:
What do people expect, the game is such a massive flop, that they for sure only let a skeleton crew working on it. Probably a bunch of people who are doing their internship. Otherwise the quality of writing and character design is just unexplainable. I wonder if the rest of the staff have already left or are working on something else.

miklonus

What they did to Mr. Freeze is a fuckin' crime. I ain't never see a company try to kill itself quite like this one. I thought the female Freeze shit was bad enough, alongside The Joker and the very concept and existence of this game itself, but then they triple or quadruple down and introduce this wack-ass black chicken, basically assuring no one ever buys a DC video game ever again.
Madness. Straight Madness.

Recommended viewing

Jesus H. Titty-Fucking Christ. Just like he said, this character is so bad that it has reached the point of satire or parody. I'm 100% convinced that Western developers literally only care about making games that appeal to their staff and apparently have no idea how out of touch they are with their customers.

Also, someone else mentioned Fairgames in this thread. Can you imagine what it's going to be like to have a whole roster of characters like Lawless? I swear to God, if Sony hasn't pulled the plug on Fairgames yet, they officially have all of their heads either in the sand or up their own asses.

diffusionx

Gold Member
No they get it. They’re just talking the usual bullshit to shareholders cause they know what they want to hear. If we look at actions not words

- Opening up IP to license out, presumably allowing single player games for other DC heroes

How much of an idiot do you have to be to be excited about this rocksteady team making an Arkham game. Just look at Mx Freeze.

If they told me there was a new team being made and they are building an anti sweet baby force field around its office I would be excited.

I notice there's a lot of people - even on here - that still try and pretend like gaming doesn't have a wokeness problem, but what can they say about Suicide Squad? It's like a smoking gun.

winjer

Gold Member
Something tells me that most of these 200-300 players are youtubers and journalists, doing videos and reviews for this dlc.
And they will make more money shitting on this dlc, than Rocksteady and WB by selling it.

lefty1117

Gold Member
what's the incel commentary on this game? It seems to me it's an issue of it not being a Batman game, just like Gotham Knights, and also being a live service game which the community is clearly rejecting over the last few years. It's a WB incompetence issue, not an anti-woke thing as far as I can tell

NickFire

what's the incel commentary on this game? It seems to me it's an issue of it not being a Batman game, just like Gotham Knights, and also being a live service game which the community is clearly rejecting over the last few years. It's a WB incompetence issue, not an anti-woke thing as far as I can tell
It’s never ever, ever, ever, ever that. Never. Never ever. Just no. Not possible. It’s simply not that. The hiring practices are fine. These are top notch devs just having bad years. The output is fine except for live service. People just hate Fortnite, madden, gta, and all those other lives services they play. Are you listening sir? Those games are done. Finished. People hate them. That’s what it is. It’s never ever that ok. It’s just that people hate games. Yeah. That’s it. People hate games.

Zimmy68

Is that Lawless character the definition of Sweet Baby Inc.? Even the hair cut is straight out of the playbook (see Ms Marvel movie).

lefty1117

Gold Member
It’s never ever, ever, ever, ever that. Never. Never ever. Just no. Not possible. It’s simply not that. The hiring practices are fine. These are top notch devs just having bad years. The output is fine except for live service. People just hate Fortnite, madden, gta, and all those other lives services they play. Are you listening sir? Those games are done. Finished. People hate them. That’s what it is. It’s never ever that ok. It’s just that people hate games. Yeah. That’s it. People hate games.
I guess I'm not following this nonsense closely enough because I'm not reading the sarcasm or intent of your reply

The copium is strong with this one.

Rocksteady is finished. They can't make games anymore unless you tell me they are bombing SS on purpose.

No, they arent. The good talent fled long ago.

//DEVIL//

I love this. They keep releasing ugly and woke shit and they keep getting their ass kicked.

They are hell bent on either their way or the high way. It seems high way is very close lol .

You make games based on what we want. We are the people with the money to spend on your game . Idiots lol

It’s all very odd to me. I understand why people say these publishers/developers are out of touch and it would not surprise me, however a part of me questions is it all being done deliberately for some bizarre purpose.yeah I know, conspiracy hat time.

Surely there are people in the industry with some objectivity at least ? Why would publishers allow their products to drop off like this. I don’t get it.

Some member here in another thread cracked the code and so did my friend that works in data analysis in that he told me months ago why some companies were going in a particular direction and suffering massive consequences for it. The data used by these companies is more than likely skewed to show a trend that is obviously wrong. Basically it's a loud minority and nothing more.

For example, the dei, identity politics, LGBT support is very popular on social media sites like Twitter, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, and very large popular message boards like Reset. These places also tend to ban opposing voices, even the more moderate ones, contributing to an echo chamber. It can affect the direction an industry is heading if they used these data. It's skewed data.

Large companies are about the bottom line, not losing money, and definitely not for having a damage brand. Anheuser-Busch and Harley Davidson more than likely used these data, saw it was damaging their brand going into this direction, so they reversed course. Sony, is also reversing course by outright cancelling Concord after 2 weeks. They thought they can increase revenue, profits, and increase their brand image, but it was wrong data they used.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Some member here in another thread cracked the code and so did my friend that works in data analysis in that he told me months ago why some companies were going in a particular direction and suffering massive consequences for it. The data used by these companies is more than likely skewed to show a trend that is obviously wrong. Basically it's a loud minority and nothing more.

For example, the dei, identity politics, LGBT support is very popular on social media sites like Twitter, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, and very large popular message boards like Reset. These places also tend to ban opposing voices, even the more moderate ones, contributing to an echo chamber. It can affect the direction an industry is heading if they used these data. It's skewed data.

Large companies are about the bottom line, not losing money, and definitely not for having a damage brand. Anheuser-Busch and Harley Davidson more than likely used these data, saw it was damaging their brand going into this direction, so they reversed course. Sony, is also reversing course by outright cancelling Concord after 2 weeks. They thought they can increase revenue, profits, and increase their brand image, but it was wrong data they used.
Gillette (P&G) reversed course too. Years ago when they did that man hating tv ad making fathers look like idiots, they changed course asap. They got rid of the ad fast and went back to normal shaving ads.

Problem with gaming is that you cant just change an ad where the core product is fine. Marketing is easy to change. Gaming with DEI and woke stuff is years in the making baked into the product. So even if one day the CEO wanted to change it, they'd go through probably years worth of extra costs fixing the graphics, dialogue lines, plot etc... So it gets to a point all these companies getting nuclear bombed to the stratosphere couldnt help but get caught in the 2024 anti-woke reckoning. It was too late and they had tor release the game/movie as is. it also doesn't help games like Concord had no gamer feedback until 3 months before the game launched. So again, too late to do anything.

NickFire

I agree with this but I don't give the upper management a pass for it. I don't care if they were lazy, weak-minded, or plain stupid on matters pertaining to common sense. No matter the reason, they completely screwed their companies because they relied on data that should have been blatantly suspect to them from day 1 IMO. When trends only appear in places where censorship and heavy handed moderation by advocates for the trend exist, those trends are not what they might look like at first glance.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
How much of an idiot do you have to be to be excited about this rocksteady team making an Arkham game. Just look at Mx Freeze.

If they told me there was a new team being made and they are building an anti sweet baby force field around its office I would be excited.
I'm more mad for the fact that they are squandering the nemesys system from mordor for a fucking wonder woman game that nobody gives 2 fucks about.

hinch7

Unbelievable we are getting a fucking Wonder Woman game when the character is nowhere near relevant outside of the USA (I'm being generous here)
Eh.. its the same umbrella for the company (WB) that decided to make a game based on Suicide Squad - that nobody asked for. And like Disney with Marvel, continuously ham-fisting unwanted politics into basically all their DC content.

A match made for disaster.

Last edited:

Braag

Aww man, I really thought *checks notes* race swapped, Deathstroke's daughter, who is an "ethical thief" would really bring this game back to life.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A wonder Woman game is coming? I must had missed that news.

The first WW movie with Gal Gadot was a giant hit..... in 2017. The sequel crash and burned though to be fair that was peak Covid time and lots of theatres were closed. Never the less, the reviews were meh and I dont think anyone has been clamouring for more WW content.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I love this. They keep releasing ugly and woke shit and they keep getting their ass kicked.

They are hell bent on either their way or the high way. It seems high way is very close lol .

You make games based on what we want. We are the people with the money to spend on your game . Idiots lol
I wish Concord followed their example and kept on releasing ugly ass characters and awful cringe animated shorts. Think of all the free entertainment we could be having by making fun of it all.

Top Bottom