• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were any of the Tales anime not terrible?

Abyss anime is pretty much a prefect adaptation of the game minus the sidequests..

Now the game itself had issues but that's another problem

I played the Ar Tonelico series. The Tales games could do worse.

Ar Tonelico girls > Tales girls though. :)

100 % agreed

Hey shut up, Ar Tonelico 2's story was perfectly servicable.

Now if we're talking 1 and 3, yeah, Tales could definitely do worse.

agreed on girls
There is nothing in AT2 that isn't in AT1 in term of story .. in term of story all the games are on the same level

duckroll

We were discussing this on the Fujiko thread the other day, but the Amazon listing seems to have more details which weren't noticed before: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B009AYB3W6/

Okay, so here's the low down:

- The soundtrack for the 2012 Lupin the 3rd TV Special is coming out on October 31.
- It states that the Lupin TV Special is scheduled to air this Fall, but it doesn't seem to have an announced title or date yet.
- The theme song for this TV Special will be sung by DOUBLE, and the song is "Theme of Love". This could be a cover of the existing Lupin the 3rd Theme of Love.

So it seems likely that sometime between now and Oct 31, they will be announcing details on this year's Lupin TV Special, and it'll air some time this Fall. Yeah...

Ultimadrago

Gunslinger Girl 12

seriousbusinessb4z3l.png

The bomb couple returns!
I was awaiting the day they would come back.

On the story at hand, some solid direction. Marco's feelings towards Angelica which outwardly display caring, but stand-offish qualities. The guards getting
turned into Swiss Cheese with bullets
. Claes's "No."
when the guard asked if the cops had arrived before Claes pummeled him
was even notably well-done!

missionstarto0kkx2.png

Look at little Henrietta on a mission!

The final scene with Claes was great, considering
the previious cyborg that gave her life away meaninglessly for her handler
, the
slap given to Angelica
was well warranted. Seriously, someone slap a grade on that
Claes slap
! The music, as usual, only adds weight onto the scenes. It's a satisfying, if at times unnerving, addition.

I'm still impressed at how heavy these scenes are implemented while involving small cyborg girls that shoot guns.

I am excited to witness what the Gunslinger Girl finale could possibly have in store.

BluWacky

Sounds awful.

This is the central problem that all the JRPG-turned-anime I've seen have.

If you make an anime that sticks to the plot of the game, the pacing is all screwed up because of all that pesky gameplay getting in the way. Also, what is charmingly quaint in a game can become immensely irritating when animated (see: Star Ocean EX).

If you make a "side story", then you're not really showing anything that the fans of the game are particularly interested (see: Tales of Eternia) - because most of the time the characters aren't strong enough in their own right to anchor anything other than fighting from plot point to plot point.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 32:

B6REk.gif

hey, man, these donuts are totally........duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude...

srs episodes about courage and determination are rarely great, but at least this had the whole
"trapped in an illusion that's better than real life"
thing going on, not to mention the absolutely incredible empty eyes from everyone. Several years' worth of avatar material.

I was also oddly impressed with some of the VA work in the climactic scene of the episode, as
Miyuki truly sounded like she was expecting to get murdered by Joker. Some of that screaming was kind of insane
. The Akanbe fight also had a fairly nice sense of speed and weight for a change, and props to Toei for not reusing any footage from the last Yellow Nose fight even though they easily could have because the two Akanbe were pretty much identical-looking. The whole confrontation with Joker was handled well on the whole for something so inherently cheeseball.

HrkjIl.jpg
QiV0el.jpg
d5Qdol.jpg

This sounds oddly like my life after college. It would certainly be a relief to find out that
I'm trapped in an illusion and my life actually isn't in shambles

Next week looks fukken amazing.

duckroll

Further researching this mysterious unannounced Lupin TV Special indicates to me that it probably won't air in October, which would make the soundtrack coming out before the special airs kinda silly but whatever.

http://www.ntv.co.jp/kinro/index.html

This is the NTV Friday night movie slot the specials usually air in. Or at least, it did last year. Tomorrow they're showing Speed. Next week they'll be showing The Bucket List. Then after that for the remaining three weeks of October they will be showing a special TV-edited 20th Century Boys complete saga - all three movies, one each week.

Maybe after Speed airs tomorrow they'll announce the rest of the Fall line-up...

Here's SAO episode 13 pre-release images.

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/09/27/sword-art-online-ep-13-pre-release-images/

Also, there's a rumor going around that (again by the way) Tales of Xillia: The Animation will be coming, obviously done by ufotable. We'll see how it turns out if the rumor is indeed true. It'll most likely be confirmed by the next Viva Tales magazine.

Does the writer hate all SAO characters, poor Kirito, being a "a loser of reality", "the moronic protagonist... as if suffering from some mental ailment"
tumblr_mb0nv4fbnz1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Does the writer hate all SAO characters, poor Kirito, being a "a loser of reality", "the moronic protagonist... as if suffering from some mental ailment"
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb0nv4fbnz1qbxqfpo1_250.png[img][/QUOTE]
Kirito's defining(only?) character trait is being a genius, and he demonstrates it almost every episode. You'd think with something as incredibly flawed as SAO that the writer could come up with a bevy of snarky criticisms without making an ass of themselves, but I guess hitting a teed ball is just too difficult for some people.

Dead

well not really...yet
I dont think Ive logged in to my MAL account in like 3-4 years

Can't find a password recovery option lol

edit: yay found it

wowow, I haven't logged in since 2008. Last episodes watched were episode 5 of Xam'd and 6 of Birdy Decode lol

Dead

well not really...yet
Damn, I already rated like 360 shows already rated on MAL back then. Now I feel like updating this crap :(

Narag

We were discussing this on the Fujiko thread the other day, but the Amazon listing seems to have more details which weren't noticed before: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B009AYB3W6/

Okay, so here's the low down:

- The soundtrack for the 2012 Lupin the 3rd TV Special is coming out on October 31.
- It states that the Lupin TV Special is scheduled to air this Fall, but it doesn't seem to have an announced title or date yet.
- The theme song for this TV Special will be sung by DOUBLE, and the song is "Theme of Love". This could be a cover of the existing Lupin the 3rd Theme of Love.

So it seems likely that sometime between now and Oct 31, they will be announcing details on this year's Lupin TV Special, and it'll air some time this Fall. Yeah...

Zenigata/Oscar resolution at last.

Yay! It's finally here...
JrneU.jpg

...and it's awesome, japan swag is really great, there's a color spread with witch watashi.

Now to train my japanese. =__=*

and

Polar Bear Cafe 26

469MA S.W.A.G.

DiGiKerot

Huh, looks like Anime-on-demand has Chuunibyou. Maybe they mean business this relaunch? Will be curious to see if it's on Crunchy as well (Nichijou was streaming on both to the UK, after all).

duckroll

Fuck Tomoki Kyoda
Fuck Shou Aikawa
Fuck Kenichi Yoshida
Fuck BONES
Fuck Eureka Seven Pocketful of Rainbows
Fuck Erueka Seven AO

FUCK MY LIFE

Jex

Fuck Tomoki Kyoda
Fuck Shou Aikawa
Fuck Kenichi Yoshida
Fuck BONES
Fuck Eureka Seven Pocketful of Rainbows
Fuck Erueka Seven AO

FUCK MY LIFE

I have kind of been Eureka Seven AO's biggest detractor forever but...not like this...not like this...

Dead

well not really...yet
Eureka AO 22:

Just a saw a screencap of
Renton
and he's apparently
voiced by Holland's VA

lolwut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom