• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's so great about Chie, it's all about Yukari. Best girl period.

yukari_takeba_8442.jpg

Truth. Best couple:

Persona-3-Drama-CD.jpg

I always liked rise cause she looks like one of my friends. But who is that one cutie with the blue coat and weird circles on her outfit and a hat?

Elizabeth

Chariot

Terror in Resonance - 02

I don't really have any real complains about this yet, but Lisa might turn out problematic in the future.
Depends on what they do with her. At the moment she is still a wildcard. She could be working with the boys and get in the same mind and - as a girl - maybe open new paths. Or she could just be there and learn more about herself and how to handle life. Somehow. Or she could work against the boys, but I doubt that happens at least at the beginning, since they're very eager to kill her at the smallest sign of treachery.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Completely forgot about her. P4G has too many blue coded characters :<

Vylash

She is not even a P4 character!
I honest to good don't want to judge her, because I didn't play P3. But even if she would be: my name has certain obligations.
Yukari rocks, one of 3 bright spots in an otherwise terrible game, the other two being Aigis and Elizabeth

sWXZxH4.gif

If you're going to troll, at least be subtle.

I'm not trolling, I don't like the japanese voices, they sound awful and completely inferior to the dub

Yukari rocks, one of 3 bright spots in an otherwise terrible game, the other two being Aigis and Elizabeth

I'm not trolling, I don't like the japanese voices, they sound awful and completely inferior to the dub

Wow.... its so rare to find negative impressions of Persona 3 and 4 especially on GAF.

Thoraxes

I don't understand how anyone could like such a horrible English dub (Kanji was the only okay one), but to each their own I guess.

It's one of the reasons I was very thankful they included the option to turn off the voices in the game.

Terror In Resonance 2

The tension, the visuals, the character again all work really well, washed up cop is clearly back on the case and will be the main antagonist for our main characters during the story. I like Lisa a lot she clearly is the messed up victim who's life was already a mess before she got wrapped up with two terrorist. Dunno where this is going but I'm excited best show of the summer

Frog-fu

Banned
Zanky&#333; no Terror 02

A pretty good second episode though not quite as spectacular as the first one. Animation is still gorgeous though, and the sound is brilliant. The Higashi no Eden vibes are strong in this. I definitely recommend giving it a try if you're looking for something similar to it.

Psycho Pass edit 2pt 2

Painting scene at the start convo was most memorable (after the virtual world stuff). I hope this anime is really appealing to folks so more great goods can come out, Psycho Pass has had so much good added these past few days. And nice
BsxtGAUCMAALIWK.jpg

I just wish the edit had been able to join the places where episodes clearly ended and the next began so it feels a bit more integrated and smooth.

Rhapsody

Banned
Black Bullet END

Well... that was interesting. Last episode didn't quite end where I expected it to.
The Kisara part was surprising but I liked the ending scene with Rentarou and Enju lol

Overall, I enjoyed it. I was excited when it was getting an adaptation since I liked whatever I have read from the LN and manga. I was disappointed with the studio at the start because of the budget, but I think it held up where it needed to. The character designs took some time getting used to, but it's expected. The original art was cool, but you can't really replicate that for an anime.

I can see some people hating the series, but I enjoyed it. The themes going on with certain things like the Cursed Children was good but sad. While the directing couldn't portray everything as well as it could have, it did a good enough job getting the point across.

Hoping we get more of the LN translated and eventually a season 2.

Terror in Resonance Episode 2

Man am I really enjoying this show. Like the visuals and ost stack up really well and are consistent. I also like how the bombings are done and that youtube video was nice. And with the detective coming in it means that there are gonna be a lot of back and forth confrontations.

TUSR

Banned
Black Bullet END

Well... that was interesting. Last episode didn't quite end where I expected it to.
The Kisara part was surprising but I liked the ending scene with Rentarou and Enju lol

Overall, I enjoyed it. I was excited when it was getting an adaptation since I liked whatever I have read from the LN and manga. I was disappointed with the studio at the start because of the budget, but I think it held up where it needed to. The character designs took some time getting used to, but it's expected. The original art was cool, but you can't really replicate that for an anime.

I can see some people hating the series, but I enjoyed it. The themes going on with certain things like the Cursed Children was good but sad. While the directing couldn't portray everything as well as it could have, it did a good enough job getting the point across.

Hoping we get more of the LN translated and eventually a season 2.

Yeah this is how my feelings lined up. There is enough stuff for a season 2 iirc.

Yeah. Holo sucks.

Ugh. Here we go again...

Eureka Seven - 24

Daaawwwwww :'(

This is a really well done conflict they have going on here. Renton could forget all about his troubles with Eureka and the Gekko and just live a peaceful life with Ray and Charles.

What amazes me is that they could have gone with something simple and cliché and have Ray and Charles appear to be nice but back-stab him to make Renton regret leaving the Gekko. But no! Instead they come up with a well done situation that tests where Renton's loyalties truly lie. Will he abandon Eureka and the Gekko and live happily with Ray and Charles? Or will he stick true to his heart and fight for Eureka's protection? Against the military and his newfound parents?

He doesn't know. All he does know is that he just wants to see Eureka one more time, and that's just what he's gonna do.

I'm legit super-invested in this show now. This is great stuff.

Andrew J.

Argevollen 03

Haha, the enemy ace is literally named "Richthofen". That's hilariously on the nose. The actual character seemed overly serious, but maybe he'll loosen up and emote some more with time.

Tokyo Ghoul Epiosde 3

This anime has really gotten me interested. Like I want to know more about the ghouls and these so called ghoul hunters. It also seems like ghouls use a technique to look like there eating food. As for characters I really like Toka, Hinami, and Kaneki. I also feel that Kaneki as a character will more likely change. It was also nice seeing Kaneki and Hinami bond a bit. Really can't wait for next week.

Jarmel

Banned
Ugh. Here we go again...

Eureka Seven - 24

Daaawwwwww :'(

This is a really well done conflict they have going on here. Renton could forget all about his troubles with Eureka and the Gekko and just live a peaceful life with Ray and Charles.

What amazes me is that they could have gone with something simple and cliché and have Ray and Charles appear to be nice but back-stab him to make Renton regret leaving the Gekko. But no! Instead they come up with a well done situation that tests where Renton's loyalties truly lie. Will he abandon Eureka and the Gekko and live happily with Ray and Charles? Or will he stick true to his heart and fight for Eureka's protection? Against the military and his newfound parents?

He doesn't know. All he does know is that he just wants to see Eureka one more time, and that's just what he's gonna do.

I'm legit super-invested in this show now. This is great stuff.

Episodes 26-27 are the high point of the show. The 40-50 run is a close 2nd though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom