• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I check every once in awhile if Kozue Amano has released a new Illustration Works book so I've been collecting these throughout the years, but somehow the 4th book, Birth, slipped under my radar for a long time.

Rail Wars 4
plus one to the harem to the awful protagonist. And wow, the fanservice was quite overboard. Quite a lot of scenes where their naked. And the second guy seems to have no purpose still aside from balancing the gender ratio

Rail Wars 4
plus one to the harem to the awful protagonist. And wow, the fanservice was quite overboard. Quite a lot of scenes where their naked. And the second guy seems to have no purpose still aside from balancing the gender ratio

I'm sure when the "plot" thickens, he'll have more uses. Like beating up bad guys alongside Sakurai, and...

Uhh..

Beating up bad guys.

where did you get these?

I go to an anime convention in Dallas, Texas every year and I picked the first three up there over the years. Birth came out in 2010 and I somehow didn't notice until a few weeks ago and I ordered it from Amazon.

Also forgot I have this as well, which is more official art but isn't in the same artbook series as the others and is paperback instead of hardcover:

lFdbVYN.jpg

Was 'Zetsuen no Tempest' the anime I've seen getting a lot of recommendations or am I confusing it with another one? Don't wanna know what it's about at all, just if that's the one.

cajunator

Banned
I go to an anime convention in Dallas, Texas every year and I picked the first three up there over the years. Birth came out in 2010 and I somehow didn't notice until a few weeks ago and I ordered it from Amazon.

Also forgot I have this as well, which is more official art but isn't in the same artbook series as the others and is paperback instead of hardcover:

I am legit super jealous.

Chariot

Was 'Zetsuen no Tempest' the anime I've seen getting a lot of recommendations or am I confusing it with another one? Don't wanna know what it's about at all, just if that's the one.
Without details I don't know at all if that's an anime a lot of people remmonended to you, but I would remmonend it to you.

I pray that it isnt would be terrible if the conclusion ended up the same.

I'm a bit more willing to side with the terrorist duo than Light since it seems like the former hasn't killed anyone just yet.

That being said, Shibazaki is still the "good guy", and I'm always going to side with them in a story unless the "bad guy(s)" is/are hilarious.

Acosta

Jesus, Akane must be the original Tsundere isn't she?

Half the series is her going "Ranma baka, baka, baka".

I can't believe this relationship is going to be a pillar of the plot for one hundred of episodes.

(And Shampoo is much better than her anyway :p)

r2orUNv.jpg

Not necessarily incompetent, but some of them sure. I mostly mean like villain protagonists in comedy series or something. Like Excel Saga or Dai Mahou Touge.
Haha I know that funny isn't necessarily caused by incompetence, but as I was trying to think about likable villains it was either the incompetent comedic kind ala team rocket, or the trying too hard to make him scary/psycho unintentionally funny. Didn't consider action comedy series bad guy.

Mad Bull 34 02

Yeah, this totally looks like a good guy.

Female detective Perine joins the precinct and Daizaburo totally digs her. Lieutenant Slimeball which is Perines boss then sexually assault her, leaves his fellow officers behind in the line of fire and takes all the glory. Some evil mob boss from Perines past shows up and in a really really surprising twist
Lieutenant Slimeball works for him.
What a shock. They fuck up both Perine and Daizaburo, but luckily neither bullets or explosives can stop Mad Bull from coming to the rescue. Daizaburo gets hospitalized with almost all his teeth knocked out, but the power of love heals him.

cajunator

Banned

I can't believe this relationship is going to be a pillar of the plot for one hundred of episodes.

r2orUNv.jpg

BEST GIRL

Not necessarily incompetent, but some of them sure. I mostly mean like villain protagonists in comedy series or something. Like Excel Saga or Dai Mahou Touge.

Punie-chan <3

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

r2orUNv.jpg

Nah, this is best girl.

wY13l3b.jpg

Defuser

Voices for the Jaegers in Akame ga Kill! are up. KanaHana is voicing JUSTICE, I can't wait for JUSTICE:http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-kill-anime-casts-jaegers-secret-police-force

Also Magic Kaito is coming out this Fall by A-1 Pictures: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...to-manga-gets-tv-anime-by-a-1-pictures/.77015
Nanatsu no Taizai is airing this Fall as well.

Hnnnnnghhhzawa as one of the most repulsive character ever? Man she really into voicing psycho characters nowdays.

Chariot

So you like incompetent bad guys?
Why? There are a lot of competent villains who are still hillarious. I think at people like Grell from Black Butler or Papillion from Busou Renkin. Hm, both have big gay traits that are part of what makes them funny, but both are more than their sexuality. (still, I hope femmesworth isn't around atm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom