• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Watching Gintama 183 right now and I'm loving it! The Fist of the North Star parody in the beginning was great, but the opening theme just killed me. I can't wait to see how the rest of the episode is.

Watching Gintama 183 right now and I'm loving it! The Fist of the North Star parody in the beginning was great, but the opening theme just killed me. I can't wait to see how the rest of the episode is.

How did you feel about the Yoshiwara and Red Spider Arc. Since like Yoshiwara is like one of my top favorite Gintama Arcs and that fight at the end was brilliant. Though pretty much all the fights were great. And could you give me your thoughts on Tsukuyo also.

Shergal

Ojamajo Doremi 16
iLEbBhwL1iwUw.jpg
Oh hey, split-screen stock. Took them long enough.

Heysoos

Aldnoah Zero 05

Inaho da god. He's taken out more Martian Knights by himself, IN A TRAINING ROBOT, than the entire Earth Military. The Martian King should have not re declared war (this was such a dumb sequence btw), they're all about to get Inaho'd.

Clov

How did you feel about the Yoshiwara and Red Spider Arc. Since like Yoshiwara is like one of my top favorite Gintama Arcs and that fight at the end was brilliant.

Yoshiwara arc is definitely my favorite. Fantastic action scenes, and it even got a little emotional at times without being overbearing. The Red Spider arc was okay. Wasn't really my thing.

mankoto

Mahouka 18

So Onii-sama went an killed ~10 guys because they were involved in the potential harming of his sister... I guess that one emotion he has left is so strong it doesn't matter that he can't feel anything else. And people are becoming very aware of Onii-sama's true strength.

Yoshiwara arc is definitely my favorite. Fantastic action scenes, and it even got a little emotional at times without being overbearing. The Red Spider arc was okay. Wasn't really my thing.

How did you feel about Tsukuyo as a character, if I mind asking also.

Anyways it was nice seeing that you enjoyed the Yoshiwara Arc.

Clov

How did you feel about Tsukuyo as a character, if I mind asking also.

Anyways it was nice seeing that you enjoyed the Yoshiwara Arc.

I liked her more in the Yoshiwara arc than the Red Spider arc. They may have expanded on her character more in the Red Spider arc, but she hardly did anything in it since she was captured and mostly helpless. Wasn't a fan of that, really.

I liked her more in the Yoshiwara arc than the Red Spider arc. They may have expanded on her character more in the Red Spider arc, but she hardly did anything in it since she was captured and mostly helpless. Wasn't a fan of that, really.

Yeah I felt the same way too. But as a whole I feel that she's one of the best female characters in the series. If not the best. Due to her strong and independent nature.

mankoto

Rail Wars 5

tumblr_n9m2qfroso1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

There is a joke in here somewhere...
At this point I'm not sure if it's they just don't care what the animation looks like, or if it really is just rushed which is really sad because the art in the Light Novels are quite good. As for the episode itself, it was alright. Sakurai gonna Sakurai. I guess she finally got her chance to shoot something.

cajunator

Banned
Rail Wars 5

At this point I'm not sure if it's they just don't care what the animation looks like, or if it really is just rushed which is really sad because the art in the Light Novels are quite good. As for the episode itself, it was alright. Sakurai gonna Sakurai. I guess she finally got her chance to shoot something.

That scene really is terrifically bad.
Even by very lax standards.

Quasar

Great write up!

For the parts I cut out I feel a lot of this has to do with the author's experiences with MMOs himself. In his talks on 4chan and other outlets he's mentioned he's played MMOs before and his writing shows he understands the systems. In fact if you take a closer look at the LN and all the extra materials with it you can see he has basically crafted a near full MMO with Log Horizon. Really amazing stuff.

Yeah. I love this guy.

Quasar

That scene really is terrifically bad.
Even by very lax standards.

Didn't even notice that watching is from 10 feet. But then that's true of pretty much all animeGAF animation complaints. Probably why I didn't get upset about Sidonias animation.

I'm kind of embarrassed that I'm enjoying the Sakurai/Takayama story as much as I am. Am wondering if in the novels its the main through line as much as it seems here or whether this is purely there as she drives the action and its is what amounts to a cop show.

Well damn. I guess I'm going to have to watch this now. I had kind of written this off as something completely generic, but this write up really makes it sound intriguing.

Toei better not screw this up in any way.

You should keep your anticipation not too high, considering Toei hasn't always done right. Especially if you don't want to become heart-broken over a series that carries nostalgia.

Defuser

Rail wars......my guilty pleasure of the season. The only reason to watch is because of Sakurai Aoi.....it was her design that got me interested a few months when Dresden(?) posted about it.

Onii-sama ep 18
They mess with his sister with no death intended and now he will take their lives. I guess Tatsuya isn't that perfect to be except for that super pistol sharpshooting from a thousand miles away.

Shounen Hollywood 5

Is there any other anime which has devoted an entire episode to a single play from start to finish? Gutsy move on the scriptwriter's part and an interesting one, as it parallels the themes being explored in the characters' own lives.

Midonin

I think I'm the only Rail Wars watcher who's a fan of Haruka. She's full of life and equally full of that Maaya Uchida voice. The last time I got such a combination was with Outbreak Company.

At first glance, Rail Wars! seems to be a fascinating case study. It's the first major production by that studio and also the director's first gig as a series director.

Quasar

I think I'm the only Rail Wars watcher who's a fan of Haruka. She's full of life and equally full of that Maaya Uchida voice. The last time I got such a combination was with Outbreak Company.

I don't dislike her. She's hardly in it though.

mankoto

Mahouka 18 - Not so much Batman anymore.
He will protect his precious Miyuki from all sorts of threats. Even if the threat has technically already been taken care of.

I don't have a favorite yet. They keep showing Sakurai and she's eh at best

cajunator

Banned
Didn't even notice that watching is from 10 feet. But then that's true of pretty much all animeGAF animation complaints. Probably why I didn't get upset about Sidonias animation.

I'm kind of embarrassed that I'm enjoying the Sakurai/Takayama story as much as I am. Am wondering if in the novels its the main through line as much as it seems here or whether this is purely there as she drives the action and its is what amounts to a cop show.

I like Sakurai and the cop show aspect of it but its definitely some lazy animation.

Rail wars......my guilty pleasure of the season. The only reason to watch is because of Sakurai Aoi.....it was her design that got me interested a few months when Dresden(?) posted about it.

Onii-sama ep 18
They mess with his sister with no death intended and now he will take their lives. I guess Tatsuya isn't that perfect to be except for that super pistol sharpshooting from a thousand miles away.

Of course thats why most of us are watching it.

You should keep your anticipation not too high, considering Toei hasn't always done right. Especially if you don't want to become heart-broken over a series that carries nostalgia.

Toei hasn't always done right, but they've generally handled the Digimon franchise very well (Frontier and Xros Wars Hunters aside). I'm not necessarily expecting the new series to be a masterpiece on par with Adventure/Tamers/Savers, but I'm hoping that Toei can at least put out a quality series that lives up to the franchise.

Ryuuroden

Mahouka 18: I lost it when they started dancing in the credits and the fountain shot out water and the spotlights went on and the soap drama music started. never change, Mahouka, never change.

Non Non Biyori 01-03

Woah. Guys.
This show is chill as fuck.

Barakamon's setting convinced me to go back to this after only watching one episode previously, and I'm glad I did.
It's just so...comfy. I feel like Small town slice of life should be a bigger genre then it is.

cajunator

Banned
Non Non Biyori 01-03

Woah. Guys.
This show is chill as fuck.

Barakamon's setting convinced me to go back to this after only watching one episode previously, and I'm glad I did.
It's just so...comfy. I feel like Small town slice of life should be a bigger genre then it is.

Watch Hanasaku Iroha

Mahouka 18: I lost it when they started dancing in the credits and the fountain shot out water and the spotlights went on and the soap drama music started. never change, Mahouka, never change.

His I don't give a fuck attitude during the dancing scenes were priceless.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
If you just want to see MMO fighting and aren't into the political/economic aspect, you aren't going to like Log Horizon. One of the reasons I regret not dropping it.
Yes and no. The show is definitely more focused for the most part on MMO guild politics, but there is plenty of combat and MMO tactics. The show does run hot and cold thoug. So it's either focusing on battles or focusing on politics. So far it has t really combined them or run at a balanced pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom