• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Now when is the oresama teacher adaptation. ;_;

Tsubaki Izumi is seriously the best shoujo comedy writer of this generation.

zulux21

Baby Steps
Anyone know what chapter of the manga they ended this on?

somewhere around 80... I haven't seen the ep yet, but when I started reading two weeks ago I figured that would be around where they ended.

Baby Steps should continue right now has ton of material, Haikyuu ends around chapter 70, with 126 chapters, while I haven't found where Baby Steps ends, i can say this it probably around 80 chapters and the manga is at 232..

screw that, have baby steps take the Major route. 26 episode season, 6 months off, rinse and repeat for years. (which is what season 2 at least lines up to do) it makes it so you don't need a bunch of filler, and makes it so there isn't a huge delay between adaptions... just the 6 months each time.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Outlander 01
If you told me this was based off an otome game I wouldn't be surprised. This is next level self insert.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Outlander 01
If you told me this was based off an otome game I wouldn't be surprised. This is next level self insert.
lol
I never did watch it, but when I saw the premise, it immediately reminded me of shoujo bait.

----

Sabagebu fin
d6vvd5wl.png

s4YG5I8l.jpg

cJ9dHro.gif

I think this is going to be my favourite anime of the year unless something drastic happens in the next season. What an amazing ride.

Quasar

Outlander 01

Instead its based on a long running historical fiction series. Certainly 'modern person gets flung back in time' is not new ground to go over.

Thoraxes

Space Dandy - 25

Holy fuck that was awesome! I would loooooooove more courtroom anime. I can't believe there's only 1 more left!

I hope my speculations on Dandy end up correct, because it's really cool.

CorvoSol

Having recovered from my emotional scars, I will say I would totally be into an FMP tabletop series if it meant I could get miniature Arm Slaves and FMP units.

Course I've been saying for a year or so now that an enterprising company might make a penny on a tabletop Super Robot Wars game.

zulux21

terror 10
my final thoughts on five... she is still a terrible terrible character and the show likely would have been way better without her. That being said, I think if instead of being part of the FBI if she had instead been an independent third party screwing with things without either side knowing what was going on she could have worked decently as a character.

that all being said the parts without the girls in this episode were enjoyable, the parts with the girls in them felt like a waste of time.

Busaiku

So yeah, Monthly Girls is the best show I'd seen in years, I think.
I tried to get into the comic earlier, but due to poor translations, I dropped it there. Thankfully the TV show gave me the motivation to pick it back up.

Mikorin is, of course, best girl.

Cardfight!! Vanguard Link Joker Episode 143 (engDub)
I always chuckled at the name Beast Deity Ethics Buster, but wow incredible design it is in the hands of the Яeverse. I kind of love it in the Nova Grapplers clan but when Kamui uses it. Too bad he couldnt be in this fight. In any event, KABOOM indeed as one of Gouji's friends would say, Ninja Art of Interception with Ninja Art of Shielding to combat Ninja Art of Persistence through eight attacks was one of the biggest highlights of the non main character fighters. The Shura Stealth Dragon Kabukicongo needs more screentime in the future.

Veitsev

On Full Metal Panic news.

Not sure how many people went ahead and read the Full Metal Panic Sigma manga (which adapts all the light novels and concludes the story) but they could easily finish the series up in a 24 episode season like FMP season 1. Anyone expecting another Fumoffu, well thats unlikely to happen. After the events of The Second Raid shit gets real and the drama doesn't stop. There is a short but excellent fan service filled arc thats a bit of a Die Hard spoof (
complete with Tessa in a maid outfit
) but other than that its a pretty dark/violent plot driven affair.

Hopefully they finish this series up cause the ending was fucking awesome.

Jarmel

Banned
Does anybody have a link to Firehawk's post on Hanamonogatari?

Just finished it and really liked it. The later episodes were much stronger than the opening.

Not sure how many people went ahead and read the Full Metal Panic Sigma manga (which adapts all the light novels and concludes the story) but they could easily finish the series up in a 24 episode season like FMP season 1. Anyone expecting another Fumoffu, well thats unlikely to happen. After the events of The Second Raid shit gets real and the drama doesn't stop. There is a short but excellent fan service filled arc thats a bit of a Die Hard spoof (

To be fair, there are enough side stories that they could actually do a Fumoffu 2 but that would take place before BOMF roughly.

Antiwhippy

I doubt that they will return to the rest of FMP seeing that they're doing amagi brilliant park before that. :(

Rokujouma no shinryakusha - 11
Rokujouma%20no%20Shinryakusha%20-%2011.jpg

Best place to Hide !
Superb episode ..

I think we're at the end of the characters arc.
The last one with the "earth people" was fine , even if those events were quite close.

+++++++++1 for magical girl ..if she wasn't there , we would have a much different ending .

One day ,we'll need to explain ruth problem because , really something is up.

Overall good episode , with some nice action and a cast that does cool things

fertygo

The projected sales for Gekkan Shoujo seem pretty good so I'm gonna wait for the S2 rather spoiling myself with the manga ;_;

CorvoSol

See, I'm not sure if they could pull it off in 24 episodes, and I think that 50 is overkill. Something like 35 seems right to me. I mean, let's break it down.

-Dancing Very Merry Christmas has to be done, and that has both the boat and the submarine sides of the story to cover.
-
Leonard's attack on Jindai
comes next, and that's a big storyline. I mean it has two separate sides and numerous things going on, both in Japan and elsewhere.
-Then we have to wade through Nami, and that's gonna take awhile, with the arena and the fall out and all.
-From there we have the wind down from Nami to Mexico, which I guess could be done in at most two episodes. Maybe three if we throw in the whole
Hunter and Wraith building the Laevatein stuff.
-At this same time we will probably want to do Tessa's whole
fake out tactic, because we NEED to see her flip Leonard off over the phone. NEED TO.
-Then we have everything that happens IN Mexico, but in retrospect that's probably only three episodes max.
-Then we go to Yamsk, which is another big storyline. Specifically we have to deal with
Tessa and Sousuke meeting up with Kaname, Sophia hijacking her brain, Kurz's sniper battle with Casper, and Sousuke's second bout against Leonard.
-After that it gets a bit messy. Do we do the whole guitar thing? That can be a single episode, but if we frame it the way the manga did it might cost us two.
-Then we move into the grand finale, which from
the announcement of the twofold plan to Sousuke's escape from the American base is probably going to take a good amount of time.

I can't imagine doing it in only 24 episodes without cutting at least a full story arc. I mean, if it did happen that way you can believe I'd be pleased as pie, but since we're dreaming here anyway, 30-35 still strikes me as best.

Articalys

Heh, there was a screening event for the final Nozaki-kun episode earlier today, and apparently the cast actually briefly referenced the whole Chiyo/Paras lookalike fan joke.

Nozaki-kun - 12

It's over.. and it's a shame that it is over..

GIVE DAT S2.

Gekkan%20Shoujo%20Nozaki-kun%20-%2012.jpg

Gap moe has never been so strong !

I'm not exactly sure how nozaki-kun can pull people up like that and actually raise them high enough without defying the law of gravity but hey...ANIME/MANGA logic

Branduil

Record of Lodoss War 9

Pretty much a setup episode for the next arc. Also, Shooting Star's design looks cool and all, but it kind of diminishes the impact a little bit when it's always just a still frame sliding across the screen.

Mothman91

Record of Lodoss War 9

Pretty much a setup episode for the next arc. Also, Shooting Star's design looks cool and all, but it kind of diminishes the impact a little bit when it's always just a still frame sliding across the screen.

I gotta rewatch this.

Favorite DnD series.

Sabagebu - 12
It's over AGAIN and it is the most stupid arc and let me tell you guys , i fully expêcted this turn of events.

STILL

You'll be missed, survival club !

The otaku with the virtua cop gun , slayed me

TUSR

Banned
Nozaki-Kun 12

AOTY

Its probably been asked earlier today, but how far into the current manga releases are we? AKA S2 wishful thinking.

I love Chiyo Sakura's VA so much and want her to be in more things. :')

Antiwhippy

Nozaki-Kun 12

AOTY

Its probably been asked earlier today, but how far into the current manga releases are we? AKA S2 wishful thinking.

I love Chiyo Sakura's VA so much and want her to be in more things. :')

The anime jumps around a lot in regards to which chapters it adapts but it has only adapted half of it despite cutting some chapters short.

There's also another somewhat major character it hasn't introduced yet that was teased in this episode
(nozaki's brother)

I would say that them teasing that character might be a sign of another season to come

Akame ga kill - 12

Nice episode, we're in a transition before the new stuff and this episode was nice.

I almost want to say that this was a good episode because "JUSTICE" was crying but i won't i guess i should enjoy those moments before
"CRAZY JUSTICE" arrives

Quasar

So Nozaki-kun is over. Definitely my AOTS (though Barakamon is close). Such a funny show, but more importantly is that it was so very consistent which is even harder for a sitcom like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom