• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Nice avatar change. Hachiman's probably my favorite romantic comedy lead in any medium.

He is without a doubt one of the better ones for sure. I actually really disliked him in S1; partly because he was resonant in the worst way, and partly because it felt like he was just spinning his wheels. But S2 and challenges his toxic way of approaching life and forces him to grow as a person.

I goddamn love that.

Makikou

AnimeGAF..

Monster Musume 1

WHY AM I WATCHING THIS
9acf46eba879705e9ff0f3c7a288cb88.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Skip anything related to Papi and go straight to Rachnera Ararararachnera.

Puruzi

Banned
They're probably skipping Polt's chapter

We've gotten anime designs for characters that show up after her chapter, but we don't have one for her yet. RIP Kobold

Mailbox

Not sure if I'm the only one, but I'm enjoying monster musume a lot more than I thought I would.

I'm actually enjoying it more than I did the manga. Idk.

So, I've now read all of the Prison School manga within 2 days.

The beginning sort of bored me to death since I've already seen that in the anime and meh, slightly better art or not, didn't make much of a difference. The next dozen chapters or so weren't anything great either.

But then...slowly and steadily it got better and better. More characters are introduced, older ones get developed, comedy actually works (god bless you
plastic bottle rocket
) and here and there, you can't help but react as follows:

GIQ5CxI.gif

At some point the mix between comedy, lewdness but also more or less serious drama comes together and just works.

I still don't think it the writing is especially clever or anything, as e.g. none of the twists wowed me with their ingenuity, but it's good enough for what it wants to be. Well, and in general this is of course wolds beyond the average anime ecchi story quality. Dunno if there are more manga on roughly the same level but I'd be interested to hear about those.

So yeh, I've seen the light. As several of you have mentioned, the early chapters simply aren't that great so I cannot blame the anime adaptation for that really. If this season will only have the 12 episodes as listed on MAL it's kinda obvious where it will end. The show won't reach its full strength by then but there'll be some good scenes at least.

I usually prefer anime over manga since the addition of colorization, voice acting, soundtrack and, well, animation, can make for a drastically different and often improved experience, but so far the anime is rather mellow in that regard. Also makes me wonder if we'll actually get a second season, and if so, when and with the rather busy Mizushima directing again?

Feltrol

Banned
Angel Beats 1 - END

I really liked the concept. Key does it again (for me, at least)!

I just finished the last episode (13) and man, I didn't cry, but it really hit me: the whole idea of an afterlife and how we might just have to accept our fates in order to move on - without any idea of the possiblity of meeting our loved ones ever again.

Why do I feel so sad now? =(

Mandelbo

Ojamajo Doremi # 23

I wasn't expecting new outfits so soon, or new porons for that matter. It's probably fair to assume that the wizards are going to be this season's antagonists, so I'm probably gonna be seeing a lot more of Oyajide! Next episode has the potential to be fantastic - the preview showed what looked like silhouettes of the Ojamajos as sumo wrestlers.

e_i

Monster Musume episode 7

Oh god, Eyeball-chan has the anime voice. Gah! *Dies from HHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG*

Cornbread78

Angel Beats 1 - END

I really liked the concept. Key does it again (for me, at least)!

I just finished the last episode (13) and man, I didn't cry, but it really hit me: the whole idea of an afterlife and how we might just have to accept our fates in order to move on - without any idea of the possiblity of meeting our loved ones ever again.

Why do I feel so sad now? =(

You're sad because the last episode is all feels and that final 2 sec scene was amazing. On the whole, I loved the anime and the reveal at the end, the music was amazing and the diverse group of characters were very likable. The only thing that really bothered me was
the ship with Angel, they only hint at it with the MC, but do not develope their relationship very much leading up to that final romance/confession scene
They also left a lot of back story out for some of the characters, but for me that was a minor nitpick since the main MC's story was amazing. However, more Angel would have made it even more amazing, especially if they let the audience try to piece together what was revealed during that scene. Would have loved an OVA or side movie on
their reincarnation as alive humans and their life at that point together
major nitpicks there for some, but for me, I loved it overall. Oh and not seeing Angel play the piano as part of the band pissed me off, lol.

Overlord 7

No calcium to be seen, also giant hamsters that have their own version of that annoying blonde girl's "DEAAAAATH" to finish every sentence.

0/10

if skeletons had been in this episode it would jump a few points to 20/10

Feltrol

Banned
Would have loved an OVA or side movie on
their reincarnation as alive humans and their life at that point together
major nitpicks there for some, but for me, I loved it overall.

I thought too that the OVAs would be about
their lives after reincarnation, but I was disappointed to find otherwise. Here's hoping that we get to see all these characters again someday!

Cornbread78

Monster Musume ep.7
Wow, so many different monster girls, this MC is messed up, lol. A spider leg fetish, I can't even... Last week was better.

You guys know Funimation's blu-ray release of Yu Yu Hakusho? They worth picking up?

I've been looking at em, and I never really finished the series.

CrimsonN0

I've kind of realized that I seem to just watch adaptions of LN/manga that I've liked.
Any good, non-adaption anime out this season?

Finally caught up with Durarara, and I can safely say that I'm enjoying this arc far more than the first of this season.

But who are the rest? the guy with the long blue scarf, the 3 biker girls, the girl with the glowing red eyes (another Vampire like Ruri?) and probably more that i'm forgetting.

It looks like the next episode is going to introduce even MORE characters, jeez.
At last 1 of the bikers was seen this season and named part of the biker gang, Dragon Zombie.
The blue scarf guy and red eyes are both characters that were in the first season.
I didn't really find this arc memorable when I read the LN, but it wasn't so bad animated.
---------
I ended up being reminded about an old anime I liked The Irresponsible Captain Tylor.
Looking it up on Wikipedia it was originally a LN and the novels are:
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
The Irresponsible Admiral Tylor
The Irresponsible President Tylor

Now I really want to know more about them.

I've kind of realized that I seem to just watch adaptions of LN/manga that I've liked.
Any good, non-adaption anime out this season?

Charlotte is the only non-short show that has started a first season that I could possibly recommend and even then your mileage with it may vary, it's fun enough to at least try out the first few episodes, ep 1 doesn't represent the series well though.

Avoid Classroom Crisis like the plague.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom