• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humanity Has Declined 3
Screen%2520shot%25202012-07-15%2520at%25202.07.49%2520PM.png

HorribleSubs-Jinrui-wa-Suitai-Shimashita-03-720p.mkv_snapshot_22.04_2012.07.19_01.19.46.jpg

Still a weird show but I am enjoying more and more with each episode. This episode was especially funny with Y and all these little inside jokes. It handles itself very well.

Also the MC is really hilarious in her own way and the Assistant is funny too without saying anything.

Charlotte 01

That's pretty nice first episode, and is better opening episode than Angel Beats.

Let's see is Medea really learn his lesson from AB, for now it's looking good.

Imagined their voices differently.

There will so much vice-pres stuff to suffer through in order to get to Hana parts. ;_;

Seems like they postponed for half an hour.

Hana isn't even best girl, its Mari. :)

Still though seeing the bottle scene animated will be hilarious.

Durarara!! X2 The Second Arc Episode 13 – Love Thy Enemy

Izaya at the end of the episode was incredible. When he got on the bed and everything. Definitely replay and replay again and again.

Still hope Masaomi Kida can do something.

LWA2:

Not as good as the first. Akko is a bit more obnoxious this time around, and the addition of more characters means less screen time for Diana.

John Blade

Just a question, did His and Her circumstances (or Kare Kano) ever release in Blu-ray. Just notice the quality of the animation look much older than it's. Is they a reason with this as I though the quality will be a bit better but not with the screenshot.

Just a question, did His and Her circumstances (or Kare Kano) ever release in Blu-ray. Just notice the quality of the animation look much older than it's. Is they a reason with this as I though the quality will be a bit better but not with the screenshot.
I think they went over budget in that show so they had to cut costs by putting tons of stills in the second half.

javac

It did not.

Charlotte 1

That was a really good first episode. Yu is a snarky punk that
gets his just deserts about midway through the episode.
I like how they introduced the rest of the cast. They are instantly likable and they don't dwell on introductions. I like the angle this show is going for and should make for a very entertaining watch.

Phatmac

Izaya was the main star as he always is with being a shit by intrupting Celty and Shinra's romantic vacation time at the worst moment. It was a set up episode for most of the characters and it also introduced a new character that'll entertain Izaya. No Shizuo in this episode makes it bad but it was offset by Izaya being Izaya. Hope Kida can save his friend from going completely crazy this season.

Ushio to Tora - 01

I enjoyed my time. The dysfunctional relationship will be fun to see. It was pretty much like the first OVA episode. I think the fight scene (however short it may be) was more fun in the OVA, here there were no "explosions" or effects like that.
Another thing that I noticed was the lore in the beginning wasn't visualized with the samurai and Tora which was a bit disappointing. That said I look forward to more.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Symphogear GX Episode 1:

Yes this is indeed more Symphnogear, may the fates have mercy on the immortal soul.

e_i

Charlotte episode 1

Ayu is a gift from the gods. A MOTHER FUCKING GIFT FROM THE GODS! Is she the perfect imouto or what?

She's going to die, isn't she?

Tuck

Little Witch Academia 2
Really good. I preferred the first, but that isn't necessarily an insult to the second. I mean, the first had a giant dragon in it. I thought Akko's personality was a bit much in this one - I don't remember her being so annoying in the first. If they make another, I hope they tone her down a notch or two. Or three. And the climax felt like it needed a bit more to it. Even so, it was a fun, funny story. The three new girls were great, though I wish they got a bit more development. And the animation was all around excellent.

I think I can forgive Trigger for Ninja Slayer.

lonely

Charlotte 1
I enjoyed it even if it was a bit heavy handed. But I'm not really surprised considering who's writing it. Looked good to but that's expected of P.A. Works.

Cornbread78

Man, I'm partying with family till late tonight, but these Charlotte impressions have me pumped for tonight.! I really hope it delivers all season along with Classroom Crisis.

Man, I'm partying with family till late tonight, but these Charlotte impressions have me pumped for tonight.! I really hope it delivers all season along with Classroom Crisis.

Was just about to say the same thing. Still have about another 4hrs to finish my shift, but can't wait to watch this. It's quite uplifting to see people say positive things about something I want to watch. Lately this place has been filled with negative impressions.

Also can't wait to watch more Durarara and Working!! Saturdays are going to be blessed this season.

phaze

Durarara x2 13
Another forgettable OP. They set the bar high with their first two and now they'll seemingly never reach it again.

Episode was hmmm bearable, despite not being very hectic. Izaya desperately needs to follow up this hospital stay with a visit to a good shrink.
I can't for the life of me remember all those various mafia bosses that got introduced in the earlier cour.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket 01

Can't say this episode managed to impress me. It was mostly brats being annoying brats, cheesy dialogue and some weird 80's music. Hope it will improve.

Phatmac

Solid first episode that introduces the concepts well. I wasn't exactly a fan of Yu getting beat up by random strangers but I guess it was important for him to stop abusing his powers. I'll be interested in how the show will attempt to make me cry later given it's pedigree.

Phatmac

Durarara x2 13

Another forgettable OP. They set the bar high with their first two and now they'll seemingly never reach it again.

Episode was hmmm bearable, despite not being very hectic. Izaya desperately needs to follow up this hospital stay with a visit to a good shrink.
I can't for the life of me remember all those various mafia bosses that got introduced in the earlier cour.

Can't say this episode managed to impress me. It was mostly brats being annoying brats, cheesy dialogue and some weird 80's music. Hope it will improve.
It's starting to have a problem with having way too many characters that I can't even remember the name of. Hopefully some of the case dies off so it can trim the fat. The downturn slope of their OP/ED is sad to see given how great they were early on.

Saudades

Oh it will. In spades.
But you gotta admit that opening battle was hype. And quite the eye candy too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio to Tora Episode 1:

Willing to bet this was adapted in the wake of the monster crushing success of Youkai Watch. Anyway, as shonen as this is, I liked this episode as well as the antagonistic relationship between Ushio and Tora. Though I admit watching these two remind me of Inuyasha and Kagome for some unearthly reason.

Defuser

Working !!! ep 1

Ahhhh how I miss this show and now it's back for a third season baby!! Yay!
ivl4n3aumg6y80ep9w.gif

Inami not once punch Takanashi at all?! What year is it?!

I hope this season will have progress.

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Stratos is the best dub, really. lol

I mean, I can't imagine something like Hyouka being dubbed with all the Californian accents that all the actors seem to use for every anime dub ever. I think it would kill the show for me.

there are good and bad dubs. They dont all sound "californian".
It would be interesting to see what japanese have to say about the quality of japanese voice acting. I would suspect it isnt always considered good either.

Wakaba
Girl 1

This is really cute

seeing the pictures, I think thats an understatement!

It's cute but that is kind of counteracted by the lewd. And the fact that it has short episodes and is rushed.

I can deal with a bit of lewd. Thats okay.

jman2050

Working!!! Episode 1

Yamada and co have returned, praise Yamaking.

It's the first episode which means Standard Reintroduction Episode (again) but it was cute and funny and oh boy did I miss this show and Kana Asumi's Poplar voice.

Is there actually a proper reason for translating this in third person? I mean it may be a more literal translation for all I know, but then that's not what you should be going for. Either way, these 3rd person self references sounds completely strange in most cases.

Cornbread78

Was just about to say the same thing. Still have about another 4hrs to finish my shift, but can't wait to watch this. It's quite uplifting to see people say positive things about something I want to watch. Lately this place has been filled with negative impressions.

Also can't wait to watch more Durarara and Working!! Saturdays are going to be blessed this season.

My kinda show and a good "feels" replacement for Plastic Memories, hopefully. ...

cajunator

Banned
How is Hummingbird these days?

It doesnt change much. Still think MAL is a better site.

Isla looks 14 at best. I know people look young in general in anime art style, but they also have a character who keeps accusing MC of being a pedo for his attraction to Isla, so it is clear the story wants us to view her at basically looking prepubescent. I suppose the show calls it out so it can pretend to be moral to some degree, while still milking its intended otaku pedophile audience. A *wink wink nudge nudge* kind of thing.

Wouldnt that be ephebeophilia if so?
In any case, this is a really tired argument by now.
Even the show seems to just poke fun of it.
it doesnt matter very much.

javac

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure English Dub Cast Listed
Jonathan: Johnny Yong Bosch
Dio: Patrick Seitz
Joseph: Ben Diskin
Caesar: Bryce Papenbrook
Smokey: Robbie Daymond

Kevin McMullan directs the English dub.
No idea if the info on the dub and stuff above is new as I don't watch Jojo. Info on the release below is old but just thought that I'd add it just because it might be helpful.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1 DVD
Audio: English / Japanese,
Subtitles: English
Contains episodes: 1-26
Runtime: 624 mins
Format: Three-disc set (3 DVDs)
Release Date: September 22nd 2015
Price: $39.99 @ Rightstuf.com
V3UEQo6.jpg

Mi5g2He.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.