• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symphogear GX 1

Ah, I missed this. Nothing has scratched that battling idol itch (especially not Show By Rock) so having this back is great. Even the intro kept things high scale, and if things are only going to get more epic from here, this may be the best of the trio and an easy contender for top 10 of the year.

jbug617

Banned
Wakako-zake 1

tumblr_nr1jiaEUtf1u2vo2go4_400.gif

This is good.

Hajime is better than nothing? Well I can't disagree with that.

I don't know if those were my choces I'd rather have nothing.

or like a rock. A rock would be a great protagonist in action shows. Somebody just grabs him and like throws him at bad guys.

In fact I'm writing now an action superhero rock show with romance.

Cornbread78

Rokka
tumblr_nqzg0xw9CO1ro8jcyo1_500.gif

Well now. This one got my attention real quick. Fantasy world, good art style, interesting characters (well, the two at least). It has some promise to be a lot of fun throughout the year.

Crocodile

Oh I know. It's just something about the way they look in this anime bothers me for some reason. I usually don't mind.

I don't even think the maid or the princess were that "big" as to be an issue but I'm really confused why the princess is dressed that way. It seems very incongruent with the "Mayan" theme the setting seems to have at a minimum.

Aside from the tumblr gif.

I loved the fact the MC used underhanded tricks and weapons to beat their asses. I really like how clever he is.

image.php

I agree with you

Darker than Black Season 1

Well I finished this. I was intrigued by episode 15 so I continued and just like I was warned the ending...wasn't all that satisfying. It seemed like just
an out of place retread of CONGRATULATIONS.
Moreso, no explanation for a huge amount of things in the story are given. This show certainly had its moments, but reflecting on it, it was a pretty empty ride.

Does season 2 fix any of this?

Syrinx

Well I finished this. I was intrigued by episode 15 so I continued and just like I was warned the ending...wasn't all that satisfying. It seemed like just
Moreso, no explanation for a huge amount of things in the story are given. This show certainly had its moments, but reflecting on it, it was a pretty empty ride.

Common sentiment is that season 2 is an absolute trainwreck.

Never saw it myself tho.

Robotguy

Season 2 is worse.

kewlmyc

There is no season two. Don't let anyone or anything tell you otherwise.

trejo

I'll always remember Gatchaman Crowds as the anime that made me realize there is such a thing as way too much genki. For that and other issues I had with the show I'd say it's easily Kenji Nakamura's second worst show after [C]. I know it's gonna be hard to top that turd but boy he sure seems to be tryin'!

I really just want more Mononoke. :(

What season 2?

Risette

A Good Citizen
I'll always remember Gatchaman Crowds as the anime that made me realize there is such a thing as way too much genki. For that and other issues I had with the show I'd say it's easily Kenji Nakamura's second worst show after [C]. I know it's gonna be hard to top that turd but boy he sure seems to be tryin'!

I really just want more Mononoke. :(
"second worst" isn't exactly damning when he made two of the best TV anime ever made

C is pretty bad though.

Rainy

Banned
Amagi Brilliant Park 10

Finally we find out everything about Latifa. Can kinda see where the story will pan out though.

cj_iwakura

Wow, Funimation has a pretty great show lineup, based on the PS3 app's previews.

Maria The Virgin Witch 01

Was wondering how this had such high production values, then I saw Production IG. Interesting medieval setting.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i thought gatchaman crowds had some of the worst action storyboarding/direction i had seen in a long time, but i didn't watch the whole thing. it was extremely common for pieces to not interact with each other and it's disorienting. this aversion to shared space between opposing elements on screen is problematic for creating positioning between objects. watching insight seemed like it had the same thing. extremely noticeable when the spaceship crashed in particular. it's like there's a few missing shots.

in order:
http://imgur.com/a/dPBfQ#9

idk. it's like literal garbage to me. stuff like this happens all the time in crowds. also nobody was mad about their crops getting destroyed like two minutes later or people almost dying. this show seemed very dumb and i do not understand.

daveo42

Banned
Ranpo Kitan Ep 1
Interesting start for a mystery anime. Like the art direction, though it took some time getting use to the non-characters being just silhouettes until they became important for the viewer. This is mostly likely on lock for this season.

Rokka no Yuusha Ep 1
Surprise of the season, for me at least. Amazing art direction, animation, and interesting story and character already. Might need to see about reading the LNs or at the very least the manga.

fertygo

5 minute into Aikatsu - 91

Can I skip this arc?

fucking terrible

literally the worst line-up they can chose

3 DreAca girl (they not even borrow the best) and no Soleil outside Ichigo, wtf they're thinking

I must bear with two subplot that they force to my throat, I can't

ibyea

Banned
i thought gatchaman crowds had some of the worst action storyboarding/direction i had seen in a long time, but i didn't watch the whole thing. it was extremely common for pieces to not interact with each other and it's disorienting. this aversion to shared space between opposing elements on screen is problematic for creating positioning between objects. watching insight seemed like it had the same thing. extremely noticeable when the spaceship crashed in particular. it's like there's a few missing shots.

in order:
http://imgur.com/a/dPBfQ#9

idk. it's like literal garbage to me. stuff like this happens all the time in crowds. also nobody was mad about their crops getting destroyed like two minutes later or people almost dying. this show seemed very dumb and i do not understand.

Huh, I am looking at the pictures but can't tell what's wrong with them. But then again I am not good at judging visuals like that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Huh, I am looking at the pictures but can't tell what's wrong with them. But then again I am not good at judging visuals like that.
o. i left a shot out of the album.
this giant destructive ufo is rolling by the house but somehow leaves no collateral damage. area is an enclosed space surrounded by houses, so if the ufo rolled through and somehow narrowly missed white haired girl (which isn't shown because ???) then it would have destroyed houses. no perspective relation of field where the ufo ends up to where the houses are because this environment and action scene were not very well thought out. :^)

these phone lines being up running across the area the ufo supposedly rolled through also triggers me. and we will not talk about characters warping into danger (and scenery pieces being misplaced), but h4h4h4h4.

daveo42

Banned
Ushio and Tora Ep 1
About as shounen as you can get. Whole thing really got me pumped up, especially that OP. Good level of humor too, though I hope it slowly backs away from that stuff mid-fight. Seems like it'll be a fun ride.

Rokka 1

Hmmm the better show I've seen so far outside of Working (to be fair I've only watched 3). That was a solid first episode even with the really conveniently clumsy exposition discussion, but I can't blame one anime for an issue that many face I guess.

It's been a great time for dashing rogues so far. We had Chaika, then Dungeon Harem, Rage of Bahamut and now we have this dude. Alongside Rage of Bahamut this is (so far) one of the better representations of what the most entertaining rogues in fantasy have: cocky attitude, skill, underhandedness.

Of course the show had such a solid first episode that knowing anime they used up all of their budget this episode and also the plot will go to shit. So I'm lowering expectations but I want it to be good.

Mature

Didn't have a whole lot of time with the video rooms at AX this year, but I still got a bit of anime in. Lightning round!

Mononoke 1-2
Something I'd been recommended on in the past. Felt extremely unique and abstract without leaving the viewer feeling distant. Was very impressed and I honestly can't wait to watch more.

Mushishi 1
I'm sorry to have not watched this sooner. I'm sorry— okay? I'll do it. Just give me time.
I loved it.

El Hazard 1 (on LaserDisc)
They showed this dubbed and it sounded like it might have taken a lot of liberties with the script. Kinda funny, but maybe not intentionally. Show should have been entirely about Jinnei.

Riding Bean (on LaserDisc)
Holy shit. If you're into 90's OVAs with a ton of action and mechanical animation, check this out. It's a 45 minute one shot and it's pretty glorious. I think Bean (the main character) is a Gunsmith Cats character? Anyway, full marks. It was great.

Watched some other shows that I'd seen before just to get the theater atmosphere for them. Notably Eccentric Family and Eva 2.22. Seeing the latter in an enormous ballroom with booming stereo made me love that movie even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom