• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Sabagebu! 4
KOkm7h2l.png
Momoka might be the most important anime protagonist we've had in the past year.

Sabagebu! 5
Momoka might be the most important anime protagonist we've had in the past ten years.

Sabagebu! 6
Momoka set the female anime protagonist back 100 years by being largely absent from this ep...

is what I would have said if not for that god tier yazuka showdown at the end. Easily one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

Sailor Stars 188
Ok it's time to get to the last of this. It's been on hold for understandable reasons and it looks like I'm a little further along than what I thought. Aside from being a fairly important plot episode given all the revelations and an extremely bittersweet ending, Minako remains best girl doing best girl things.

Sailor Stars 189
And more drama although it's not entirely unwarranted given the rift between the sailor senshi and the sailor starlights.

Sengoku Basara Judge End 10
Seemed like this was headed towards an ending where it all came together until this ep where things fell apart again. I'm not familiar with the game this one is based on so I had no idea how story progression would work. We'll see how the last two go though.

Sengoku Basara Judge End 11
Intentions surrounding the various conflicts on display and bonds formed were good but execution was lacking. Hoping the last ep can deliver a proper finale if it's focused tightly on Mitsunari and Ieyasu as I suspect it might be.

Sengoku Basara Judge End 12 FIN
Mitsunari/Ieyasu conflict was surprising cathartic in its conclusion, especially Mitsunari calling out Ieyasu's idealism. It's a shame the choreography was bad and they were apparently fighting in the Lifestream. Episode ended like the last ep of the first season too. I wouldn't entirely be opposed to more.

===
Overall the show wasn't that good, It's a step down from the Production I.G. work in all fronts as if someone decided Sengoku Basara needed to be uglier, grittier, and more serious. I feel the show would have been vastly improved if the Ieyasu/Mitsunari relationship had been better explored throughout as the culmination, while pretty good, needed more support. Mitsunari, in particular, was really engaging once I realized he wasn't going to be a retread of his movie role and that he actually inspired those around him despite his self-loathing. I'll assume the various strange asides are just artifacts of the plot of the game this was based on as they tended not to really serve the main thread.

Senran Kagura 9
Turns out I didn't miss this show at all!

Senran Kagura 10
eh, I've a soft spot for episodes that humanize the antagonists like in this one. Probably won't go anywhere but it's always intereesting to see how the other side lives.

Senran Kagura 11
Standard sort of shounen pairing off for fights that wasn't all that interesting. I suppose that's normal for this sort of thing.

Senran Kagura 12 FIN
Ended well enough without the conflict between the factions being left open ended which was nice as it set up a sort of mutual rivarly/respect between the students.

===
I don't know, I mean I kinda liked it but the nicest thing I can say is I didn't feel like watching it was a complete waste of time. It's more or less exactly what you think you'll get from this sort of show though.

Shirobako 14
Yeah, I'm glad I only wanted to watch one ep of this today as the voice actress meeting was exhausting to watch. I've little doubt that it was based on something that was real and just as aggravating. Zuka mentioning the show she auditioned for to her friends was suitably uncomfortably awkward too.

Show by Rock!! 8
More Shingancrimsonz focus which is always a good thing as Crow & Rom are probably the best characters in this show.

Sora no Woto 6
I appreciate how this ep answered the question raised as to why the fort had a secreet liquor store. Storytelling was pretty clever too what with the A/B parts being simultaneous but shown separately.

Space Adventure Cobra TV 14
I wasn't feeling this ep as it was nearly too irreverent even by Cobra standards. Genies and weird Space Arabia were just, well, weird.

Space Adventure Cobra TV 15
Cobra's actual face always gets lost in the shuffle of things, or at least I feel that way. Thankfully he's charismatic enough that losing the more classically handsome look only adds to his charm. I can see why the previous ep was somewhat lighthearted as it helped balance out just how dark this one was.

Symphogear G 8
Couldn't really invest myself into this ep either as it felt like it was going through the motions before a finale.

ibyea

Banned
o. i left a shot out of the album.
this giant destructive ufo is rolling by the house but somehow leaves no collateral damage. area is an enclosed space surrounded by houses, so if the ufo rolled through and somehow narrowly missed white haired girl (which isn't shown because ???) then it would have destroyed houses. no perspective relation of field where the ufo ends up to where the houses are because this environment and action scene were not very well thought out. :^)

these phone lines being up running across the area the ufo supposedly rolled through also triggers me. and we will not talk about characters warping into danger (and scenery pieces being misplaced), but h4h4h4h4.

Oh I see. See, those are the kinds of details I often miss. ^_^

Cornbread78

Anyone else a bit hyped for Snow White and the Red Hair (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime) romance anime? I mean it's being animated by Studio Bones.

The PV looks good as well.

Stop, it's a Funi show, it's now dead to me now,
*sob*
Still pissed Crunchyroll couldn't nab it...

Btw, dies anyone know what this is from? Cute and funny come to mind, but Google doesn't tag it..

tumblr_n5czhrMZ9i1t6rjfvo1_500.gif

kewlmyc

Just looked up that Ushio and Tora is based off a manga series that ended 10 years ago. Now I'm more excited for it since it'll be a completed story.

Rainy

Banned
Amagi Brilliant Park 12

Pretty much what I expected out of the ending. Heh that Izusu and Kanie scene at the end. This was an entertaining series if nothing else. Nothing amazing but not bad either.

I'll probably watch the 13th episode and OVA tomorrow.

I want to start Working!! tonight, since I've never seen it.

Ushio to Tora 1

Excellent. This is exactly the kind of adaptation I wanted. Tora's voice is perfect and the direction is boss. I also love how the art style keeps the 90s feel of the manga so well and doesn't try to modernize it like Parasyte did. If I didn't know better, I'd almost say it looks like a really well done HD remaster of a work from that era.

AOTS and likely AOTY contender if the quality keeps up and nothing I like gets cut out.

zulux21

Shokugeki no Soma - 01&02

Why didn't anyone tell me about this show?! :O

For the first 3 or so weeks after it aired I was telling everyone to not only give it a chance but to also keep in mind it will get better after the first 3 or so episodes as the pervyness would get toned down after that.

after that I just started talking about it with people in the official thread of people who got how awesome soma is :p

Syrinx

I'd expect so, only her performance that interesting.

Gal doesn't even had good Chemistry with Ichigo out of all people, and they expect us keep rooting this forced duo? looooooooool

this cour stink :<
The lowest point is when they name their unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom