• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ancient Magus Bride Episode 3

Really slow and calming, almost too calming.

Can not relate.
DJT0Ci4VwAANQKA.jpg:small

Sterok

Yuuki Yuuna Washio Sumi Movies

I'm not sure I'd call this better than the main series, but the fact that there are actual consequences certainly gives this a leg. Consequences I knew were coming, but still. Yuuna herself was fine, but Washio is a much better protagonist overall. Stands out a lot. So the system they used in the series was essentially still in testing. Sort of makes the Taisha a little more sympathetic. The real glory of course goes to the great Sonoko and Gin
who pulled off dying while standing magnificently

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So far, nothing big has changed. No changes in business practices or anything really.
I feel like they were probably angling for something like this when they punted the physical side of their business. I'm surprised no one has bought CR yet to be honest.
(Unless they're owned by some other mega corporation and I missed that too lol)

Picking up Persona 5 again for the first time in over two months (busy schedule forced me to shelve if for a while), I feel more confident than ever that this will remain my AotY. Now if I can just finish it before the end of the year.

Thud

Picking up Persona 5 again for the first time in over two months (busy schedule forced me to shelve if for a while), I feel more confident than ever that this will remain my AotY. Now if I can just finish it before the end of the year.

The ending sequence definitely is anime as fuck.

I feel like they were probably angling for something like this when they punted the physical side of their business. I'm surprised no one has bought CR yet to be honest.
(Unless they're owned by some other mega corporation and I missed that too lol)

Crunchyroll is owned by AT&T, if you trace its parent companies all the way up.

dang didn't relaize the ancient magus' bride first 3 eps were up on cr
or is that the ova prequel eps?

What's on Crunchyroll now are the prequel OADs, not the TV episodes.

Princess Nine END

Narag continues to make good anime recommendations. I enjoyed the series overall though I've got to say there were a few too many off the field conflicts for my tastes and the love triangle went on for way too long. Also Ms. Chairman holy shit let it go, you're still on the dick of your dead ex-boyfriend rather than being concerned about your dead husband, Izumi was still right I feel bad for her father you never loved him. Hell all this happened because she can't fucking let go, it was never actually about proving girls could be good at baseball as guys for her she just couldn't fucking let go of her ex-boyfriend from 20 years ago.
The kicker in all this is they lost which actually surprised me.

Narag

The Reflection 8
I-Guy went from Iron Man to Batman. His presentation matches his new demeanor. No flashy shows, just a bone crunching punch to the face. x-On and Steel Ruler's backstories were kinda fucked up too. Secret facility of 20 years past, X-On's affinity to the Reflected, and Steel Ruler claiming they're going to usher in an age of equal darkness for everyone has me believing the Reflection itself was a man-made event that Wraith is trying to duplicate, sparing no one this time.

Hopefully the show ends better than it started now that character motivations aren't quite so obtuse.

Ok. Are they standalone and complete now?

They are more of a prequel to the original source material. There are things you wouldn't understand if you haven't read the manga. But yes the OVAs are complete now since only 3 were announced to be released.

Although tbh I don't think it is a issue watching the OVAs before the actual TV anime.

Edit: The OST, art direction, and animation are pretty good.

Narag

They are more of a prequel to the original source material. There are things you wouldn't understand if you haven't read the manga. But yes the OVAs are complete now since only 3 were announced to be released.

Although tbh I don't think it is a issue watching the OVAs before the actual TV anime.

Thanks.

Cornbread78

Made in Abyss ep.10
Fucking cringe. Damn...

New Game S2 ep.10
There is no way this ends in one cour. Have they announced a second cour yet?

MHA S2 ep.22
These practicle exam battles are pretty fun

Szadek

You mean the things being turned into six episodes airing, I think, this October, alongside the sequel? Guess I'll keep an eye out.
The prequel comes first and the sequels comes after that in november.
Nobody knows that the sequels is going to be about,since it's original, but many fan guess that it will tie up many lose ends from the other part of the series.
I'm more or less aware of its prowess on animation front but Precure and me wouldn't work, like ... at all.
That's unfortunate.

Narag

The Eccentric Family S2 4

Finally getting back to this. Didn't even mean to let it drop off but I thought about Benten's presentation in episode 3 for like a full month, particularly how it made the closing scene with Nidaime so powerful, and meant to do a writeup for it then just never did. oops

HEYBOT! 48

I am going to attempt to explain the finale of Heybot. Whether or not you choose to believe my interpretation is up to you.

- There exists a Creator, Obstructor and a Terminator. Along with that there is the Dimension Screw that tightens and loosens the laws of the universe. The Creator creates and the Terminator destroys. I dunno what purpose the Obstructor serves, but I guess its there to stop both of those from happening.

- On the mountain of Pandai (obviously Bandai) a toy maker named Ace Oka worked to create the original Heybot. When activated, the Original Heybot released a massive amount of screwnergy that created the shows universe. Then the screw energy from that collected into the Prime Nejiru.

- The Original Heybot and the Prime Nejiru set off on a journey to turn everything back to normal. Thats when they met Viola, who would become Fine. Somewhere along the line, cycles began to happen and time began to repeat.

- There is a council of the solar system, all resemble characters in the show. They sent descendants, clones or messages of themselves to Earth to prevent its destruction. The being that represents Earth was sentenced to protect it after going against the council and attempting to destroy it since Earth actually houses the Dimension Screw, which is too powerful.

- Theres an evil Heybot that ends all his sentences with obyeh instead of heybo and he farts and makes a bunch of evil Nejiru to unscrew what holds the Dimension Screw stable to unmake the universe.

- Viola/Fine (pronounced fee-neh) is both the attempted Obstructor and the Terminator. The Fine-Fine screw is a servant of the Creator. I have no idea what this implies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol Destiny 2 is so anime. Literally Full Metal Alchemist's arc all over again, with a touch of Star Trek Nemesis for good measure.

Crunchyroll is owned by AT&T, if you trace its parent companies all the way up.

What's on Crunchyroll now are the prequel OADs, not the TV episodes.
Weird, I remember people used to think Amazon or Netflix should buy them. lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Gamers! Episode 9

OH COME ON, IT WAS CHIAKI'S PHONE AND COMPUTER, HOW CAN YOU BELIEVE THE EXCUSE?!??!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!

YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER

Man I am listening to Kekkai Sensen's OST and man is it fantastic.

One of the best ost I have heard from anime. World Goes Round is goat.

I hope season 2 is amazing as well.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Made in Abyss 10

AAAH!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

NO!

NO NO NO NO NO!

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO NO NO!

Princess Principal 9

The production was notably mediocre, but the story struck the right balance of goofy and sincere that the show often struggles to achieve. Chise being the focus character helps; perhaps due to her being the Japanese outsider in the cast it feels like writing her comes more naturally to Okouchi than some of the other characters.

Thud

That was fucking awesome. The over top direction and framing of shots elevated what could really have been a standard story. The voice acting for Jonathan and Dio was great.

My favorite part would have to be Dio kneeing the dog.

Shit came out of nowhere.
True to the manga!

Middlepart is a bit weaker, but the ending makes up for it.

Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 1-3, Completed - Definitely a case where my memories of this series did not hold up. I like that sweet, sweet 90's OVA animation from the first two entries, but the third OVA reminded me of the GXP abomination in all the worst ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom