• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just now noticing that the alliance side has these blocky ass ships fighting against the empires sleek ships

Now why would you make these huge ass targets like that with big cross sections that are easier to hit instead of making it very narrow and long with a couple metric shit tons of armor right at the front

FPA have more room for lasers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still have no fucking idea how a UQ Holder anime is going to work.

UQ Holder canonically gained the subtitle "Negima! Magister Negi Magi 2" fairly recently because the overarching plot makes no sense unless you read the manga since the original adaptation was like maybe the first 50 chapters of a 300 chapter manga series. I mean, I guess you could just focus on the intro plot of "shonen dude picks up a huge battle harem" as long as you ignore the fact that basically all of the major characters are either direct references to Negima characters or are in fact actual Negima characters because it's a direct sequel. And also ignore that all of the marketing includes several characters you would not even know about unless you read every chapter of Negima.

Cornbread78

Aho Girl ep.12
FghWWmt.png
This show man.....

The violence was strong in this one...

DiGiKerot

UQ Holder canonically gained the subtitle "Negima! Magister Negi Magi 2" fairly recently because the overarching plot makes no sense unless you read the manga since the original adaptation was like maybe the first 50 chapters of a 300 chapter manga series. I mean, I guess you could just focus on the intro plot of "shonen dude picks up a huge battle harem" as long as you ignore the fact that basically all of the major characters are either direct references to Negima characters or are in fact actual Negima characters because it's a direct sequel. And also ignore that all of the marketing includes several characters you would not even know about unless you read every chapter of Negima.

To be fair, not having adapted prior manga content didn't exactly stop Shaft making all of those OADs or that movie. I'm pretty sure they're just going to work on exactly the same assumption that the UQ Holder manga works on - that Negima was a popular enough thing that most people interested in the show have probably already read it.

Szadek

We still got Cornbread and DTL for that. :p
Maybe I should watch more magical girl anime, so I can spam the thread as well
Sakura Quest Episode 25:

I would say after careful consideration that this show has become my AOTS and possibly my AOTY, it took a bit to find its footing but once it hit its stride it got going and became a damn excellent series.
That's good to hear. I have only watched episode 1 when it aired, by maybe I pick it back up after all.

Sandfox

The anime is just a tool to sell more manga volumes.

Szadek

Another "All (mordern) anime is shit" thread.
Is it that time of the months again?

To be fair, this one is also praising Ping Pong.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To be fair, not having adapted prior manga content didn't exactly stop Shaft making all of those OADs or that movie. I'm pretty sure they're just going to work on exactly the same assumption that the UQ Holder manga works on - that Negima was a popular enough thing that most people interested in the show have probably already read it.

I mean, the promotional art has a bunch of characters that are almost certainly not actually in the adaptation unless they're just making up their own continuity with the same characters.

DreamFesR Episode 5
DKNP_OvW4AM1PP_.jpg:small

Wow another week and another stunning DreamFes. Junya and Shin are the best and so good this week that Vice Principal is a Grade Schooler drama was stunning with their acrobatics during the fight. More.

casiopao

I got that soundtrack on my PC. Found a few favorites on it.

That's why I'm kinda eh on it. They don't make anime that way anymore. :p

Agree. I feel we are going to be bombarded with the same so called epic anime ost and thats all.

Im just now noticing that the alliance side has these blocky ass ships fighting against the empires sleek ships

Now why would you make these huge ass targets like that with big cross sections that are easier to hit instead of making it very narrow and long with a couple metric shit tons of armor right at the front

Because Alliance ship wanted more firepower so they need it to be bigger as Alliance ship had more gun port vs Empire.

Also, in Logh. If ships is attacked from the front, there is a powerful barrier field which can deflect almost all beam attack so most damage come from flank attack.

Ikemon Sengoku Episode 11
tumblr_owlcyzh2e81ubor4ao1_540.gif

Sasuke talking while dodging lightning was hilarious, but then the part where they commented about it lol.

Ill miss it, or I thought I would until the ending. I need next week.

Easily one of the best too.
tumblr_owlc8l5R5k1rk9wm2o1_540.png

Sakura Quest END

You know this show could easily end up on my top ten shows of the year. Very down to earth plot, a cast of rather well fleshed out characters yea I really enjoyed this show. Something this laid back and mellow is nice ever so often compared to the stuff I'm usually watching.

Saiyuki Reload BLast Episode 12 [END]
DKLb3yrUQAACv4s.jpg:small

Was an awesome anime and awesome introduction to Saiyuki, I definitely want to interact with more of the Saiyuki characters even more so maybe will try to engage with the previous entries in the franchise.

Will miss Goku.

KraytarJ

Sakura Quest 25
It honestly just kept getting better and in some sort of crazy twist the last episode was honestly the best one and while the show never really hit any amazing highs, it certainly found a very good way to end off and in the end what was once a show without any sort of direction left off with a pretty cool message about growth, change, and learning from your own experiences.

Isn't it nice that we are getting with Girls' Last Tour such a great anime next season?

This is such a questionable statement with such different operating directors like Imaishi and Yoshinari alone.

The staff you've mentioned have simultaneously worked on other Trigger & Gainax shows - either by directing, animating and more. When you look at the animation of something like Kiznaiver, LWA or even Inou-Battle, you know what to expect from a Trigger show.

With A-1
/10
, they hire pretty much random teams but almost consistenly manage to have the generic A-1 sameface. Sometimes they're a hit like Shin Sekai Yori or Vivid Strike or even Your
overrated
Lie In April, and then you mostly get Aldnoah.Zero, Asterisk War and Eromanga-sensei.

DiGiKerot

The staff you've mentioned have simultaneously worked on other Trigger & Gainax shows - either by directing, animating and more. When you look at the animation of something like Kiznaiver, LWA or even Inou-Battle, you know what to expect from a Trigger show.

What, you mean like the A-1 Pictures-side director for Frankxx who was the character designer and animation director on half of the Geekfleet-era Gainax stuff?

With A-1
/10
, they hire pretty much random teams but almost consistenly manage to have the generic A-1 sameface. Sometimes they're a hit like Shin Sekai Yori or Vivid Strike or even Your
overrated
Lie In April, and then you mostly get Aldnoah.Zero, Asterisk War and Eromanga-sensei.

Blame Troyca for any production-side decisions on Aldnoah, man. The fact you repeatedly don't even get that straight means I'm not going to put any weight into your comments.

huh Shigurui is on cr now. is that any good?

I'm a big fan. It's one of the few anime that actually touches on samurai seriously. It's reminiscent of golden age samurai films like Harakiri.

It's very grim and usually gets accused of senseless violence, but I thought the show had a clear message about how ideals (in this case, the samurai code of bushido) can become exploited and twisted.

Ross61

As far as the look goes, it's 100% Troyca. Ei Aoki's buddies. A-1 only helped with the animation production side because Troyca was a new studio at the time.
There’s so much I don’t know :(

I liked the first season of Aldnoah, heard about how awful the second season was so I said hell no to that. Same thing with Psycho-Pass Season 2. I may watch them one day but not anytime soon.

Scavenger

Camera Japan Festival Rotterdam has started today.

List of anime films:
Ancien and the Magic Tablet
In This Corner of the World
Your Voice
A Silent Voice
Princess Mononoke

Train fare is too much, so won't be going there.

Oh, that's strange. I wonder why Amazon's selling it themselves?
I really have no idea, but they have done this before. Amazon is also selling Japanese imports of Chungking Express with no English subtitles.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Someone in the know of the UK anime industry find out what's up with the Love Live Movie release. They release the two series just fine and then complete silence. Even Will.I.Am is asking 'Where is the Love [Live]'?

DiGiKerot

Someone in the know of the UK anime industry find out what's up with the Love Live Movie release. They release the two series just fine and then complete silence. Even Will.I.Am is asking 'Where is the Love [Live]'?

Even the folks I know who'd probably have some idea couldn't get a solid answer on what was up on that one. It technically might not even be licensed, but I also gather that UK sales of Love Live TV might not have quite met expectations in a fashion that probably isn't really incentivising making it a priority.

It doesn't really help when a lot of the vocal fanbase were also vocal about having imported a JP or US copy already.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll have to be part of the problem and import too.

Though, since I only have a local region BD player, guess my only option is the Australian release.

Hopefully AllTheAnime do a better job with Sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom