• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

Also,on things that bother me was if they cancel his megaplayboy phase, isn't that technically a genocide since he fathered 100 children and that 100 children fathered a hundred children and on, and on. Which mean it will be time altering of epic proportion. Million of lives literally going to disappear.

This is why time travel show don't end well as they will be too many questions which trigger from one event if they modify it. Argh...basically, the DNA hunter might kill her own population (or majority of it) just to solve this overpopulation issue she notice in her own timeline (and you need to remember, she isn't the smartest DNA hunter in this episode so, don't think she think that far in the situation).

It's basically a shit version of Nausicaa yes.
I watched Nausicaa after I read the entire manga series, and I was pretty disappointed at the time. Looking back, my expectations were way too high and it made no sense that one movie could cover much of the manga at all, but it was like watching the first Lord of the Rings movie then being told that there was never going to be another movie again (though I guess the actual anime equivalent is a fan of the manga Akira watching the movie version and reeling about how much wasn't in there). Princess Mononoke on the other hand came out of nowhere for me, and I appreciate its scale vs. Nausicaa's relative lack of complexity.

I didn't really even like Nausicaa that much until my friend from college and I watched the dub randomly on TV and I got to see how good it was through him. Still think Laputa is incredibly overrated, but watcha gonna do.

Lain

Symphogear 12

Unlike Kakegurui, Symphogear delivered a nice closure. Over the top feelings all around and a badass Hibiki punch. Now to wait for another season.

Anime production stalkers on twitter are saying that OPM season 2 is happening at JC Staff with a different production team.

The official Twitter and website just announced it. The new director is Chikara Sakurai (Magimoji Rurumo).

That's...worrisome.

Presumably the production committee wanted to get a second season off the ground and weren't willing to continue to wait for all the original staff to stop being busy.

Sounds about right.

zulux21

Anime production stalkers on twitter are saying that OPM season 2 is happening at JC Staff with a different production team.

While JC Staff can do a decent job from time to time.... I don't think anything they have done animation wise has gotten close to madhouse's work on one punch man.

this is quite disappointing news.

I wonder if they are going to just say screw it and attempt to make original stories for OPM to cash in on the popularity and be able to make more seasons faster.

Theonik

And it keeps tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down.

This is getting SAVAGE.

I watched Nausicaa after I read the entire manga series, and I was pretty disappointed at the time. Looking back, my expectations were way too high and it made no sense that one movie could cover much of the manga at all, but it was like watching the first Lord of the Rings movie then being told that there was never going to be another movie again (though I guess the actual anime equivalent is a fan of the manga Akira watching the movie version and reeling about how much wasn't in there). Princess Mononoke on the other hand came out of nowhere for me, and I appreciate its scale vs. Nausicaa's relative lack of complexity.

I didn't really even like Nausicaa that much until my friend from college and I watched the dub randomly on TV and I got to see how good it was through him. Still think Laputa is incredibly overrated, but watcha gonna do.
Miyazaki wrote the manga while working on the movie and by the time the film was produced had only written the first 2 parts of the Manga. He didn't finish the Manga till the early 1990s he did the 'On your Mark' music video as part of that send-off.

Good day to bury other bad production news, I guess!
Anime is bad actually.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
but watcha gonna do.
I gotta believe!

Blessed JC Staff.
wHLAIRT.gif

zulux21

I'll deal as long as Mob Psycho is safe.

I imagine the inferior series will be safe given that Bones did Mob Psycho :p (granted season 2 of OPM was likely going to be inferior to season 1 anyways and mob was getting better in the second half so a season 2 will likely be stronger than the first :p)

they actually do season 2s and will likely do Mob Psycho season 2 at some point, though I am still waiting for soul eater brotherhood or ouran high school host club season 2 :(

doesn't matter much to me as long as they keep doing MHA :p

OPM was mostly decent looking with bursts of sakuga that lasted quite a long time so I'm not super worried

if it was Mob Psycho I'd cry

Also - Maybe OPM starts to seriously drag after where S1 ended? Maybe this is what the material deserves now

Jarmel

Banned
This might be an indicator that Tachikawa isn't going to be back for Mob Psycho if he takes too long with that other project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom