• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUNSOFT is Back! Retro Game Selection coming west on September 6 for PS5, Xbox Series, Switch and PC

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire

Via Gematsu

Publishers Red Art Games and SUNSOFT will release SUNSOFT is Back! Retro Game Selection for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC via Steam on September 6 in the west for $9.99 / €9.99, the companies announced. Physical editions will also be available for PlayStation 5 on October 4 in Europe.

SUNSOFT is Back! Retro Game Selection first launched digitally for Switch and PC via Steam on April 18, 2024 in Japan. A physical edition is due out for Switch on October 10 in Japan.

In Europe, the PlayStation 5 version will also be available in physical standard edition for €34.99. A Red Art Games store-exclusive Deluxe Edition, also priced at €34.99, includes a copy of the game with a reversible cover, an exclusive sleeve featuring alternate cover art, a double-sided poster, and an acrylic stand of SUNSOFT’s logo.

gnhte9x.png

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Cool games, but these compilations are never good. It does inspire me to get a few of the originals, though.

Reactions: Gp1

wondermega

Love love love Sunsoft, but there is nothing here for me! Give me a proper NES collection with some funky Famicom stuff and we are in business. Sadly, I cannot see them bringing over their Bat games & Gremlins, but them's the breaks.

For those unaware (anyone under 45, likely) quality-wise Sunsoft was basically able to stand toe-to-toe with the likes of Konami & Capcom during those crucial early NES days. They didn't have quite the same volume of output, but their highs were pretty damn high. Sadly, they dropped off noticeably once the 16-bit switch happened.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
If you grew up playing Sunsoft games, I think you can agree that Sunsoft had some of the best BANGER soundtrack for any game.

I can think of Blaster Master or Batman on the top of my head. But there are SO many.

You can hear music were in their top priorities when developing.

That stuff makes you want to go on an adventure during a sunset while eating a fruit salad

Last edited:

Gp1

We definitely deserve both Nes Batman on the collection.

Heavy nostalgia for both games here.

Df retro did a quality video on Sunsoft's history not long ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom