• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Frimaire

Yeyeye, I was wondering when that Star Trek track was gonna come out.
I don't even know anything about Star Trek, but listening to Pat rant about (probably incorrect) Star Trek lore is great.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Wow, that E3 Sony presentation was so fucking dope, my downstairs neighbor called the cops on me! Is
Shadow of the Colossus
worth a night in jail??? Maybe...

ArjanN

Ubi had enough shit they could let Microsoft (and probably Sony) reveal their AAA franchises and still have enough to easily fill an hour.

Take some fucking notes, Bethesda.

Even if the Bethesda show sucked, they still announced 3 games that are going to be great, (Dishonored/Wolfenstein/Evil Within 2)

Ubi has BG&E2 that's probably still years out.

Watching Ubisoft stream now...Mario+Rabbids: Who is this game for?

Edit:Oh for Chrissake there's a 5 minute section of this stream that's muted for copyright BS. This is why it needs to be on youtube.

I like X-COM too. Which is why I play X-COM, in a thematically appropriate IP. If it's designed for the Mario/Rabbid audiences then I don't expect it to have anywhere near the difficulty of a strategy game like X-COM. On the other hand if they're trying to make it for the strategy audience then there's several other properties that seem would have a much more interesting contribution to the gameplay.

Mario and Rabbits with Guns with X-COM style strategy mechanics is like they just threw a bunch of ideas into a hat and those are what were pulled out.

FlowersisBritish

I like X-COM too. Which is why I play X-COM, in a thematically appropriate IP. If it's designed for the Mario/Rabbid audiences then I don't expect it to have anywhere near the difficulty of a strategy game like X-COM. On the other hand if they're trying to make it for the strategy audience then there's several other properties that seem would have a much more interesting contribution to the gameplay.

Mario and Rabbits with Guns with X-COM style strategy mechanics is like they just threw a bunch of ideas into a hat and those are what were pulled out.

I agree completely which is why i hate myself for being so kinda into this. I feel like if it didn't have dramatic slowdown for shots, it wouldn't be as blatant. Atleast they have some unique mario mechanics in this to give it some flair.

I see we got to the Woolie part of NitW today.

I completely forgot about watching yesterday's LPs. Ugh, I hate E3 week. Too much damn content being released. I would really be fine with them skipping at least the podcast to free up a couple hours for their E3 streams. Would make the following week's more interesting as well since they can respond to all of E3.

I agree completely which is why i hate myself for being so kinda into this. I feel like if it didn't have dramatic slowdown for shots, it wouldn't be as blatant. Atleast they have some unique mario mechanics in this to give it some flair.

Honestly if they just dumped the Rabbids (and guns) I'd be like "that might be okay I guess". It'd be like what Square did with Mario RPG. I still wouldn't buy it because I could give f' all about Mario but it'd at least not look asinine to me. Making it in an IP like Starfox or Metroid though would have gained my interest.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm finding the LPs a nice distraction from the pressers.

My wind-down period.

I'll save the podcast for when I have to head back to work.

FlowersisBritish

Honestly if they just dumped the Rabbids (and guns) I'd be like "that might be okay I guess". It'd be like what Square did with Mario RPG. I still wouldn't buy it because I could give f' all about Mario but it'd at least not look asinine to me. Making it in an IP like Starfox or Metroid though would have gained my interest.

My dick just got so hard at the thought of a Metroid strategy game

Ubisoft done. Was better than the others I've seen. Now onto Sony's.

Is the PC show worth watching this year?

Edit: Pat wriggling and squirming in his chair during the Monster Hunter World reveal is almost adorable.

The PC show is never worth watching in total, though I guess if you cherry pick one or two of the interviews for games you're interested in, they might be okay?

Fat4all

Banned
It's crazy how "prepared for your tastes" the Sony conference was for SBFP.

Monster Hunter for Pat
SotC for Woolie
Spider-Man for Matt
Detroit: Beyond Human for the channel

It's really amazing they get advertisers still for their podcast when their shilling usually includes evidence that they don't own or try the items they are shilling, or like this week where Pat basically says 'every week we advertise it and every time I forget in 5 minutes'. Like most would at least pretend to be familiar with the product itself or claim that they use it.

Fat4all

Banned
Pat will shill for Nerd Coffin when he's dead.

C9oMrnaXUAghBDd.jpg

It's really amazing they get advertisers still for their podcast when their shilling usually includes evidence that they don't own or try the items they are shilling, or like this week where Pat basically says 'every week we advertise it and every time I forget in 5 minutes'. Like most would at least pretend to be familiar with the product itself or claim that they use it.

I think Dollar Shave Club sponsors them as a subtle dig at their desperate need to learn how to shave properly.

Guy was a big supporter of GamerGate (says he isn't anymore).

The game was originally conceived as a post-feminist takeover world that you fight against (he says it isn't anymore).

I'm still not buying the game.
Well that's disappointing. Game looked incredible, Visually atleast.
In other news, Pats really getting into it with some fans over Monster Hunter world on Twitter.
Edit*
Like REALLY into it

Additionally a writer of the game seems to think the best stories are those without any sort of politics. Which is hilarious given the game is CyberPUNK. It just doesn't mount much faith in the product.

Currently it's off the to buy list, but if the dev does seem to turn things around, and I catch word that the story isn't bunk, then I'd be happy to give it a go in the future.

You can't create cyberpunk without politics. You're positing a dystopic near-future, it's inescapable that the condition of that future is the result of someone's politics (or lack thereof) in the modern context. You don't get to opt out.

I mean, you never really get to opt out, but at least when you go far-future sci-fi you can abstract it out to the point where it's all intimations rather than basically saying outright, "This is where the world fucked up."

ArjanN

Need the E3 reaction stuff on youtube already...

In other news, Pats really getting into it with some fans over Monster Hunter world on Twitter.
Edit*
Like REALLY into it

Rare footage of Pat being on the right side of an argument for once.

Literally every podcast out there has the same, like, 5 sponsors. Shave Butter, Lootbox, Square Space etc.. After a while it's pretty surreal to hear every podcast make the exact same jokes about them too.

Literally every podcast out there has the same, like, 5 sponsors. Shave Butter, Lootbox, Square Space etc.. After a while it's pretty surreal to hear every podcast make the exact same jokes about them too.

I don't listen to any other podcasts so I wasn't aware. Wonder if it's actually working then. Funniest thing is I think they used to legitimately dump on things like lootbox as in not jokingly.

SOLDIER

Need the E3 reaction stuff on youtube already...

Did they say yet if it's going to be?

I'm hoping their E3 vids aren't exclusive to Twitch. I don't use the service, but I'll pay the $5 to watch them if I have to. Just hoping I don't have to.

Those sponsorships (Audible, Dollar Shave Club, Casper Mattresses, etc.) are probably blanket sponsorships they make to all podcasts that fit a certain criteria.

Edzi

I don't listen to any other podcasts so I wasn't aware. Wonder if it's actually working then. Funniest thing is I think they used to legitimately dump on things like lootbox as in not jokingly.

Nah, they did the opposite. They used to shill super hard for lootcrate and pretend to like even the dumbest items, to the point where they got some pretty loud backlash when they decided to film their lootbox unboxing and put it on youtube. Who would have thought people don't like when you're disingenuous in your content?

*cough*revengeance*cough*

Breads

Banned
Is Pat still a ginger? I'm watching the Nintendo stream and he's looking kind of like a normal person now. Can ginger lose its luster?

FlowersisBritish

Seriously. Been seeing the stuff on his timeline from them and what a shit show.

"TELL ME THE PEOPLE YOU'RE REFERRING TO YOU LIAR."

How about no? lol.

I had to go through because i wasn't sure what side he's on. Phew, if there was someone id guess would be GG, it be either Liam or Pat. Thank god neither of them are.

idk they've more than once sold me on sticks of butter to rub on my face

Is Pat still a ginger? I'm watching the Nintendo stream and he's looking kind of like a normal person now. Can ginger lose its luster?

that casual ginger prejudice

prolly just the lighting

Sou Da

I'm legit going to get one of those Shave club boxes but only for that month as a quick fix and mostly because of the butter.

After that I'm just going to get a safety razor and some blades like a smart man.

Seriously. Been seeing the stuff on his timeline from them and what a shit show.

"TELL ME THE PEOPLE YOU'RE REFERRING TO YOU LIAR."

How about no? lol.

No kidding, I saw that and came in here to see if there was anyone talking about it.

"EXPOSE THEM SO WE CAN HARASS THEM MORE!"

Also it was so funny seeing someone tell Liam that if he deviated from "SJW-approved-content" they would turn on him.

I mean, lol, literally do you even know who you're talking to?

Top Bottom