• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Alfebit

Banned
Alright, bad news my laptop's done for. It's a hard drive problem and it's apparently not worth buying a new one for. Good news I should be able to replace it in about 2 weeks.

Zenfalcia

We're now transitioning to TwitterGaf? Ok.

Als, quite a few people just have images of their child selves on their computer, which is surprising. Kinda. I dunno, maybe it's not.

Alright, bad news my laptop's done for. It's a hard drive problem and it's apparently not worth buying a new one for. Good news I should be able to replace it in about 2 weeks.
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>I added a video to a @YouTube playlist

Also, I thought I hardly used my twitter, but compared to you guys I'm like a teenage girl.
Shhh, it's fine i just got off my ass and delinked it.

Tako

image.php

Only the best Nia can survive

semisonic

Banned
Yeah, derpy Korra and Jack's penis did make me feel better.

My uncle was a pretty good guy. Unfortunately I didn't see him much, but he was always nice whenever I did.

Damn... you are a handsome motherfucker.

Oh wow, thanks man!
Because everyone else has been doing realgaf, I'll use the heavy one I've been saving. It's basically my life story, and the realest gaf I have. I more want to get it off my chest, so here's the warning post.

semisonic

Banned
Realgaf time. Here's the soundtrack for while you read
I actually had, basically up until this year, a huuuge body image problem. I was born with a deformity of the sternum called pectus carinatum, meaning my sternum stuck out, at a sloped angle. Combined with my very rounded face(symptomatic of my mild asperger's syndrome), and chronic low muscle tone(an actual medical condition that affects both strength and coordination, making me a very clumsy child), I was very aware that I was rather... awkward and different as a child. When I was in elementary school, I overheard some of my friends talking behind me on the bus, saying that apparently some girl liked me, and they couldn't understand why because I was one of the ugliest people they knew. Being very trusting in my friends, I naturally accepted what they said as the truth, and so I started to assume this to be the case. Thus, in junior high, as I my body developed, and my deformity became more pronounced, I started to work on my personality, becoming an entertainer of sorts, an eccentric charmer to try to compensate for what I could only assume was my disgusting body. I developed severe acne, which made my self-image even worse, and so I started to work on my voice, thinking it was all I had in terms of physical romantic assets. I joined the speech and debate club to try and master my oratory, and put many, many hours into becoming the coolest guy I could be(as well as president of the club). Because I had neither romantic experience nor self-worth, I never made moves on the girls that I liked, and when girls approached me, I was utterly clueless. My high school romantic life was a rough one, full of more than one cringegaf worthy entry. Having long faced discrimination for both my aspergers(which made uninformed people, especially teachers, doubt my intelligence despite the reality of still being smart enough to be a goddamn national merit scholar) and my deformity, I started developing a massive ego to compensate and I began working out, so that people couldn't call me weak anymore. I became afraid to take my shirt off at pool parties because of how people looked at, and commented on my chest, and generally tired of being in my weak, afflicted body. In the summer before senior year, I chose to undergo a somewhat brutal surgery to remove the deformity(because it was the only way to get it gone in time for college, compared to other, gentler, and slower methods), leaving me with a 4-inch scar across my chest and a corresponding zone in which I may never feel sensations again. I've since gained actual confidence in both my appearance and myself overall, and am now leading a much happier life. Since I've rambled on so long, I guess that I should give a moral to this story, and so I've decided on this: If you ever meet someone with a deformity, one that they aren't hiding... Please don't be insensitive. Staring, whispering, even asking openly about it... All of these things hurt more than you could ever know. They didn't choose to be born like that, and they have to live with it every day. It may be a curiosity to you, but even if they've already resigned themselves to it, it still hurts every time.
Or maybe I'm just a huge bitch. Yeah, that's probably it.

360pages

I actually had, basically up until this year, a huuuge body image problem. I was born with a deformity of the sternum called pectus carinatum, meaning my sternum stuck out, at a sloped angle. Combined with my very rounded face(symptomatic of my mild asperger's syndrome), and chronic low muscle tone(an actual medical condition that affects both strength and coordination, making me a very clumsy child), I was very aware that I was rather... awkward and different as a child. When I was in elementary school, I overheard some of my friends talking behind me on the bus, saying that apparently some girl liked me, and they couldn't understand why because I was one of the ugliest people they knew. Being very trusting in my friends, I naturally accepted what they said as the truth, and so I started to assume this to be the case. Thus, in junior high, as I my body developed, and my deformity became more pronounced, I started to work on my personality, becoming an entertainer of sorts, an eccentric charmer to try to compensate for what I could only assume was my disgusting body. I developed severe acne, which made my self-image even worse, and so I started to work on my voice, thinking it was all I had in terms of physical romantic assets. I joined the speech and debate club to try and master my oratory, and put many, many hours into becoming the coolest guy I could be(as well as president of the club). Because I had neither romantic experience nor self-worth, I never made moves on the girls that I liked, and when girls approached me, I was utterly clueless. My high school romantic life was a rough one, full of more than one cringegaf worthy entry. Having long faced discrimination for both my aspergers(which made uninformed people, especially teachers, doubt my intelligence despite the reality of still being smart enough to be a goddamn national merit scholar) and my deformity, I started developing a massive ego to compensate and I began working out, so that people couldn't call me weak anymore. I became afraid to take my shirt off at pool parties because of how people looked at, and commented on my chest, and generally tired of being in my weak, afflicted body. In the summer before senior year, I chose to undergo a somewhat brutal surgery to remove the deformity(because it was the only way to get it gone in time for college, compared to other, gentler, and slower methods), leaving me with a 4-inch scar across my chest and a corresponding zone in which I may never feel sensations again. I've since gained actual confidence in both my appearance and myself overall, and am now leading a much happier life. Since I've rambled on so long, I guess that I should give a moral to this story, and so I've decided on this: If you ever meet someone with a deformity, one that they aren't hiding... Please don't be insensitive. Staring, whispering, even asking openly about it... All of these things hurt more than you could ever know. They didn't choose to be born like that, and they have to live with it every day. It may be a curiosity to you, but even if they've already resigned themselves to it, it still hurts every time.

I'm glad you got over it and pass it. I think it's important to always look forward in that situation.

Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to remember a game from my childhood, but I don't remember the name. All I remember is that you play as a crocodile and it was on ps1. Does anyone have any idea what the game might be?

Who cares? I just use it to post my stupid ideas, jokes, and opinions.

Here's my twitter. I lied about the dank memes #Fraud.
Don't watch Trinity Soul tho. I already wasted an hour and a half I can't get back since the stand battles were unhype.
I could barely see them
Man I shouldn't have listen to the soundtrack while reading that. Those things are rough and glad that you're doing better.
Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to remember a game from my childhood, but I don't remember the name. All I remember is that you play as a crocodile and it was on ps1. Does anyone have any idea what the game might be?
Croc?

It would be too circle jerky but it would be great
It'd be amazing, or so off the wall that it's just confounding.

It'd work super well too since we never talk about the super best friends.

Are you talking about the Croc games?
Edit: Beats by Dr.Skla & MC Trainer

sjay1994

Damn, that is pretty real. It sucks that a bunch of shit kids fucked your mental state back then.

I'm glad that you've picked yourself up and are enjoying life more.

semisonic

Banned
I'm glad you got over it and pass it. I think it's important to always look forward in that situation.

Thanks, man. I always knew I shouldn't value myself based on other people's approximations, but still... It's not like I can just dismiss the looks and the discrimination I got as being entirely groundless. But it did have some good effects. Without it, I never would have trained my voice, got beefy
ish
, or developed the charming cool guy personality I have today.
On a side note, I felt it was time to push a new berserk song
for survivor series
. And I always found that one fucking hilarious since I listened to the outtakes for the first time.

Zenfalcia

So, you got that off your chest? Yay? At least you had the drive to make yourself better and improve, so there's that.
You're welcome.

Oh god. Oh man. I'm being super exposed right now.

More like FraudtomGaming amirite?
Pls work internet. I need you to cooperate with me now.

You can't make me watch the wire with no internet, muhahaha.
It would be too circle jerky but it would be great

It could chronicle our amazing antics.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Oh wow, thanks man!
Because everyone else has been doing realgaf, I'll use the heavy one I've been saving. It's basically my life story, and the realest gaf I have. I more want to get it off my chest, so here's the warning post.

I know how you feel, man. I went through a similar thing, except mine was a massive stutter and lisp (both of which took around 6 years of continuous speech therapy to fix). Good that you overcame it, tho! Funny how I also turned to humor and my singing ability to make up for my deformity, if you will, too.
And obviously video games and anime.

I have a very small deformity on my dick, PM if you want to know.

Top Bottom