• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

JoJo94

My review of the game if you're interested in a bit more detail.

Gotta get on that shill action.

Eh I shill my art/studies in here a ton so I might as well watch yours too before finishing this thing I am working on

VwUkNw.gif

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

Xiraiya

Man, I was right as a kid. DBZ is pretty cool.
Just ignore GT please.

GT isn't canon anyway, it wasn't written by Toriyama and it wasn't in the Manga, the original Manga ended with Goku leaving everyone to train Uub.

The form of SSJ4 was probably the most interesting part of GT, just because I thought the concept of it being the final form and having monkey traits etc. making a lot more sense than any of their previous forms and really just looked like an exaggerated version of a basic Saiyan's look.
Toriyama approved the SSJ4 form as he drew concepts for it, so at the very least that's potentially canon.

360pages

My main gripe with Ragining Blast 1 and 2 was how clunky and slow things felt compared to the BT2 and BT3.

As for Xenoverse it looks pretty awesome, there are a few missing characters. Like Majin Vegeta and Super Buus forms, but outside of that the game is probably the most solid DBZ game for a while.

Xiraiya

As for Xenoverse it looks pretty awesome, there are a few missing characters. Like Majin Vegeta and Super Buus forms, but outside of that the game is probably the most solid DBZ game for a while.

I feel like the main point of that game is to have your own character, that's 90% of why I want to play it, so if some versions of characters are missing, it won't matter.

I don't have time to formulate proper advice and I don't know if you need it, I also don't know if what I do would work for you, but if you like someone, just go ask her out. I have that weird kind of charm that people tend to like, so I don't know how that would work for you. But being up front and not pining/getting in your own head too much is usually a good idea.
Me from 4 years ago needed this advice.

Morning nerds. I just slept for 12 hours and read the backlog.

360pages

I feel like the main point of that game is to have your own character, that's 90% of why I want to play it, so if some versions of characters are missing, it won't matter.

True, but it is also the first time we get SSJG, Beerus, Whis and SSJ Bardock in a good game compared to battle of Z.

Ooh, there's a Wii version of Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
Holy shit it has 161 playable characters. That's fucking nuts.

Yeah I saw it near the gamestop 5 minutes away from work.

I'm very tempted to just buy it, but 40 bucks for a fighting game w/limited Internet =/

I need more local competitors.

Xiraiya

I was watching Mysteries at the Museum yesterday with Beloved, and they were explaining this story about Houdini's elaborate plan to expose a Psychic woman through subtle touch and feeling almost unnoticeable muscle movement.

And all I could think is "This is some JoJo level indepth trolling"

Houdini was practically a JoJo character.

JoJo94

In light of more news that Konami continues to be a giant shit, and the Bethesda thread yesterday, I have started to wonder if people care abut the corporations behind the games. It sucks that entertainment in general is built on the blood of the weaker.

It's like he knows that I'm at work, and releases them when I can't watch it.

Oh Plague knows he watches us all.

360pages

In that case, I'll pass.

I played all the Budokai games on release(my brother is a Huge DBZ fan).

But 161 characters in one DBZ game is orgasmic for the big DBZ nerds out there.

Xenoverse online is pretty good so far, but it runs well. Compared to other DBZ games, that legit falls apart as you play them online.

In light of more news that Konami continues to be a giant shit, and the Bethesda thread yesterday, I have started to wonder if people care abut the corporations behind the games. It sucks that entertainment in general is built on the blood of the weaker.

What news?

I mean it shouldn't be so surprising that companies like Capcom, Konami, Nintendo, and to an extent Sony are nothing but faceless MNCs that chase money.

ONE STOCK.

ONE.

STOCK.

I actually wish we played smash more often ;~;

Well you don't Post asking to play, shitlord! Change that!

What news?

I mean it shouldn't be so surprising that companies like Capcom, Konami, Nintendo, and to an extent Sony are nothing but faceless MNCs that chase money.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1005964 Konami, instead of letting players, who developed a way to continue to play their product, when they won't, decides to shut it down. I would shake my head, but its Konami, so it's to be expected.
I want to mod the shit out of New Vegas. Make it super pretty and play better.
halp
Project Nevada, for starters.

Nordicus

Yeah, that's how I feel while I'm playing it. Roughly 90-95% of the skills on standard characters are available to use on your custom characters in the game.

And unlike Tenkaichi, when you got, say, 2 ki ball attacks, they will almost always have different functions. For example, Trunks' Burning Attack will send people flying straight into the air after the long "casting" animation, while his Finish Buster, which is another projectile ki ball, comes out almost instantly, travels super fast and deals huge damage which make it a great combo finisher, but it leaves the character vulnerable in a long recovery animation.

They made sure every skill is just a little different and has different utility

Edit: there are 4 different version of Destructo Disc, all work differently

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1005964 Konami, instead of letting players, who developed a way to continue to play their product, when they won't, decides to shut it down. I would shake my head, but its Konami, so it's to be expected.

Why won't they make a new Beatmania game then if they can't collect money from these machines?

Fuck, why haven't they encouraged more DDR games?

I LOVE DDR! It was one of the biggest tools I used in losing significant weight during HS.

I wish arcades were still a thing, because those machines were the best, 2nd best being the fighting game row.

Top Bottom