• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

They need to release the soundtrack. It's too good.
Git gud at following Swery on Twitter

xtrWYge.png

he also said it's releasing soon

Stolen from a YT comment. Look at these amazing lyrics for Drank Dead DOM Die

At the bar and getting drunk now
Hope you drink up, _ the bitch down
Pour another one, dont be shy son
Wheres D gone, wheres the bastard gone?

Look for D, yeah
That damn Bastard,go get him
Look for D, yeah
Find him now, yeah

Hey there what you looking at?
Fuck you yeah, just drink that
Dont talk too much, just drink this drink

"Hey man you wanna drink with me? You little bastard
put your fist up in the air! Fit this down your god-damn throat"

To the bar now, find the real blood
Im a mental, youll find your past
Just drink this, dont talk too much
Its alright, wheres fucking D?
---
Drink up, yeah
One more son
Keep 'em coming yeah
You son of a gun
Dont give up
Just fight on
Got you bastards
Must find D

Edit:

Git gud at following Swery on Twitter

xtrWYge.png

he also said it's releasing soon

I already follow him, nerd. How do you think I knew that he follows everyone? tig dug.

Welcome! you're here forever etc.
The usual:
Your Waifu ( Anime or Video Game)
Favorite Series
Favorite Anime
Favorite Video game series
And most important:
Life or Hometown?

1. Takao from D-Frag, Kurumi (DaL)
2. Probably Sherlock
3.Too many...can't choose between Baccano!, Steins;Gate, FMA:B, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin or Hunter x Hunter. Hyouka for SoL
4. Metal Gear, Pokemon, Ace Attorney, Harvest Moon
5. why not both ;)

Squishy3

Stolen from a YT comment. Look at these amazing lyrics for Drank Dead DOM Die

Edit:

I already follow him, nerd. How do you think I knew that he follows everyone? tig dug.
i said GIT GUD AT FOLLOWING HIM

i know you follow him, if you were good at following him, you'd have known that they're releasing the soundtrack!

2. Probably Sherlock
3.Too many...can't choose between Baccano!, Steins;Gate, FMA:B, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin or Hunter x Hunter. Hyouka for SoL
5. why not both ;)

Final and most important question: What would you rate SAO from 1-10?

What if.. The red seeds in DP and the "real blood" from D4 are connected in some way? Cue York helping David in D4
I agree with Matt, I actually like David more than York, and I think if we had a more game he'd be one of my favorite characters from anything,
2. Probably Sherlock
5. why not both ;)
You'll fit in just fine :p

Squishy3

Why do people want Rare to work on games anymore? It's a name now, not an indication of quality.
Fuck it, let Iron Galaxy make it, I want to fight a giant Dave Lang face that just shit talks you as attacks

you can examine the seeds in the bathtub if you jump back out during a dive in episode 1 and it says they were a memento, but it's only a nod to deadly premonition i'm pretty sure, as they don't have the rights for anything Deadly Premonition. It's why the FBI Agent outfit is for a certain FBI agent and the Forrest Kaysen Outfit for Forrest Kaysen is just called the Seedling Salesmen Outfit.

There isn't going to be any meaningful ties to DP simply because of the rights thing.

i said GIT GUD AT FOLLOWING HIM

i know you follow him, if you were good at following him, you'd have known that they're releasing the soundtrack!

I asked him if the OST was going to help him.

I mostly follow Kamiya as he retweets hot chicks' photos.

I have no clue what this is from, it was the first anime gif I saw when googling "Shut up and take my money."

Yeah thats Archer.

Eh, I've watched Fate/Zero. Really puts that to shame

Having seen Gurren Lagann doesn't ruin all mech shit for me.

Those scenes are ruined by having Kirito in them.

Yeah... Yeah...

Was it agreed upon that SAO 1-13 or 14 was fine, and if it had stopped there it would have been good?

It would have been better, but the show is still very flawed. Like, half those episodes have nothing happening or are focusing on the love story, completely losing track of the plot, then the plot literally just kind of ends 75% of the way through. It's still a bad show, but it would have been notably better than it is now.

Hey Pat, I'm into making Let's Plays, what advice would you give to someone just starting?

Also would you recommend a good mic?
Pat doesn't exactly lurk here 24/7, he just pops in. I know they use a Blue Yeti/Blue Snowball mic. He's also given general LP advice before, which I think boiled down to "be funny".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey Pat, I'm into making Let's Plays, what advice would you give to someone just starting?

Not Pat but I can give two tips. For the love of god, use a capture device and not your camera. As far as a mic goes, I like using this because it's pretty affordable and has a good quality/portability build to it.

Do something interesting and different though, something to differentiate yourself from all the other LPers out there. Being funny is probably a really important one.

I'm not Pat, but I know enough about LPs and have done a few, so I can give a few tips from my end of not successful LPs.

First off, solo is not at all advised unless you're certain you're the most charming motherfucker ever, or are super informative the whole time.
Finish LPs.
Don't play Blind, at least not at first.
Record and edit at least a couple full LPs of short games before putting anything out, then watch them and then record your first one to put out.
Loudness does not equate funny.

And here's the mic they recommend, it's good.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VA464S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom