• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

Well then. I'm an idiot lol, always thought the waist was considered lower. Oh well

Yukiko's midnight channel. I won't say anymore because anti-lewd movement

Shadow Yukiko was the beginning and end of Yukiko as an interesting character but aside for that I love a kung fu loving girl.

TRIAL OF THE DRAGOOON

Zenfalcia

Well then. I'm an idiot lol, always thought the waist was considered lower. Oh well

Yukiko's midnight channel. I won't say anymore because anti-lewd movement

You learn something new everyday.

also it would be spoilers! You can still talk about it, just not too into detail i suppose.

Just finished D4

The waiting for the S2 will be unbearable (if it ever be released that is)

Hello Frienders, first post here :). Really enjoyed their playthroughs. So far I've watched:

currently watching Heavy Rain

Any recommendations anyone?
Welcome! don't ask about stuff that happened during the golden age!

There's the very good, first post that can tell you everything! If you ignore that completely a few choice ones are Deadly premonition, beyond two souls, walking dead s1, RE4, and barkley shut up and jam gaiden.

Edit: also mandatory.
Screen-Shot-2013-12-12-at-12.26.08.png

Alfebit

Banned
Just finished D4

Hello Frienders, first post here :). Really enjoyed their playthroughs. So far I've watched:

D4
Ground Zeroes
MGR:Revengevengeance
Indigo Prophecy

Hey welcome and all that jazz, the OP has some good recommendations.

ultimax

Shadow Yukiko was the beginning and end of Yukiko as an interesting character but aside for that I love a kung fu loving girl.

TRIAL OF THE DRAGOOON
Tbh I think they're all great and the only persona characters I actively dislike are Fuuka and Ken. Yep, I hate em both

ultimax

How old are some of the pokemon characters again? 12-15 ish?

Excluding gymleaders who some are obviously a lot older.

Edit: this was a bad question to ask. *nervous laughter*
I don't think I need to add anymore lol
Yeah, let's not, pretend i never asked.

I personally hate shinji and wish he would die. actual spoilers don't read:
I'm joking, and making a joke about his death.
right. I forgot he existed because the only thing he was good for was joining the party so I can buy expensive ass equipment for him and then die

Okingjrr

Aw man! I missed the old cartoons discussion.
Again ! I was thinking about freakazoid just the other day too!

Welcome Paradise Brunch !

Zenfalcia

The woolie hole corner pressure will keep you in block stun forever!!
I don't think I need to add anymore lol

right. I forgot he existed because the only thing he was good for was joining the party so I can buy expensive ass equipment for him and then die

I can probably find out with a quick search. Can i at least push some nice Sabrina art?

The artist draws a lot of great sabrina art.

it's fine, since you get them back anyways and you can use them.

ultimax

I can probably find out with a quick search. Can i at least push some nice Sabrina art?

The artist draws a lot of great sabrina art.

it's fine, since you get them back anyways and you can use them.
That is actually pretty good

And yeah I know, but the whole thing still pissed me off lol

Zenfalcia

Well the whole Halo/Sonic Boom fiasco are the two currently on the top of my head.

I hate what they've done to halo, it should've ended at 3. So much for "finishing the fight".

People have.. special tastes.. and businesses like to do business things.

That is actually pretty good

And yeah I know, but the whole thing still pissed me off lol

Yes, it is. Anyone who wants source, send me a pm?

It's not like you lost much. It did make the
stop sign
really pointless in getting.

I hate what they've done to halo, it should've ended at 3. So much for "finishing the fight".

People have.. special tastes.. and businesses like to do business things.

Halo 3 was the last Halo game I ever played, so the series has been done for me for a long time. If I had an Xbone I might ben interested in MCC; the redone cutscenes were incredible looking except for Gravemind... I don't know why he's fuzzy. But unless the price plummets I'll just do what I do every gen and wait until I can get one for sub-$100.

Zenfalcia

Halo 3 was the last Halo game I ever played, so the series has been done for me for a long time. If I had an Xbone I might ben interested in MCC; the redone cutscenes were incredible looking except for Gravemind... I don't know why he's fuzzy. But unless the price plummets I'll just do what I do every gen and wait until I can get one for sub-$100.

Good, halo reach was a good multiplayer and mediocre campaign/story.

There's supposed to be a price cut coming soon for the holidays. I'm almost half tempted to.. I havent' seen any footage of him, it might be a bad up res-ed model of him..

sjack

Banned
Man, I really can't say I'm looking forward to the Evil Within LP considering how ridiculously long that game is and how nonsensical a lot of the sections are as well.

Okingjrr

Man, I really can't say I'm looking forward to the Evil Within LP considering how ridiculously long that game is and how nonsensical a lot of the sections are as well.

You don't like long LPs? Or is it that they tend to drag on when the game's not particularly interesting after while?

I'm still unsure if I'm going to watch it or not. I kinda want to wait for a PC sale and play it myself, but if it's long then I don't want to miss out on content for a long period of time. I'll have to play it by ear after watching the first episode.

sjack

Banned
You don't like long LPs? Or is it that they tend to drag on when the game's not particularly interesting after while?

Both, honestly. It's the reason why I dropped Chrono Trigger and RE 4. Dark Souls is kind of an exception, and even that can turn into a bit of a drag.

Okingjrr

Both, honestly. It's the reason why I dropped Chrono Trigger and RE 4. Dark Souls is kind of an exception, and even that can turn into a bit of a drag.

Yea, I understand. I didn't watch the CT playthrough because I had no interest in the game but now its length is just off putting if I ever want to watch it.
I enjoy watching DS2 and I agree that it can drag on a bit. I'm really happy they cut out unnecessary footage to keep the viewer interested.

Yea, I understand. I didn't watch the CT playthrough because I had no interest in the game but now its length is just off putting if I ever want to watch it.
I enjoy watching DS2 and I agree that it can drag on a bit. I'm really happy they cut out unnecessary footage to keep the viewer interested.

They don't cut out nearly enough to keep the viewer interested. Instead of having multiple full episodes dedicated to upgrading equipment, they should have just said "Yo, we upgraded this." then moved on immediately.

And I've never played Chronotrigger, so I didn't watch it.

Okingjrr

They don't cut out nearly enough to keep the viewer interested. Instead of having multiple full episodes dedicated to upgrading equipment, they should have just said "Yo, we upgraded this." then moved on immediately.

No, they do not, but I'm happy when it really has to go. Most times when they upgrade shit, it's at the end of a part or at the beginning, which is is good for people who don't want to watch that and skip it.

sjack

Banned
My main problem is that it's going so excrutiatingly slow (probably due to the Japan vacation and stuff) that I've mostly lost interest at this point.

I think they'll pick it up now that D4 has finished, but yeah it's kind of lost its steam, which is a shame considering how much better the DLC is compared to the main game.

croten

Well you know how to fix that right?

Archgan

FUCK. I was on a really good run in BoI: Rebirth, then a goddamn dice room randomized all my items and fucked me over.

Damn you, RNGsus

I got the room while I had brimstone. The re-roll covered up my face and made my brimstone take longer so I thought that the room somehow got rid of my tears and started dropping bombs to beat rooms.

JoJo94

I think they'll pick it up now that D4 has finished, but yeah it's kind of lost its steam, which is a shame considering how much better the DLC is compared to the main game.

Well Woolie did learn how to two-hand and not use a shield so hopefully it gets faster. I think it's mainly because they have been playing it either when they are tired...or hungover... at least I think they mentioned it before in the DLC.

You're not missing out on much if you don't play it, though if you do watch the LP, there will be practically no point to play it afterwards.

I'll watch the first one and make a judgement call from there, I never finished Shadows of the Damned and I'm getting similar vibes from this, except without the likable protagonist.

JoJo94

It's neither a good horror game nor a great action game, nor a well written game in general. Its strengths mostly just lie in its unpredictable nature, as the game can throw you into anything at any point. You're not missing out on much if you don't play it, though if you do watch the LP, there will be practically no point to play it afterwards.

It's not even Woolie's slow play style that is bothering me, I'm just kind of uninterested in it after not having had an update in almost two weeks.

Yeah, I guess they jst wanted ro get the short lps outta the way first, but yeah i understand.

FUCK. I was on a really good run in BoI: Rebirth, then a goddamn dice room randomized all my items and fucked me over.

Damn you, RNGsus
The same thing happened last night on uterus 2 with Maggy, one of the characters that I still need a heart kill with but I hate playing because she is so slow. Gotta git guder
Just finished D4

D4
Ground Zeroes
MGR:Revengevengeance
Indigo Prophecy

Welcome to the thread, Barkely shut up and jam is excellent as you have heard. The OP has a lot of good suggestions

Archgan

The same thing happened last night on uterus 2 with Maggy, one of the characters that I still need a heart kill with but I hate playing because she is so slow. Gotta git guder

I haven't tried them in Rebirth, but I hated playing Eve and Samson in the original. Eve is the only one I haven't beat
the Chest
with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom