• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D Land |OT| Jump Into a New Dimension!

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I want to pick this up, but the 3ds Software prices in the UK are fucken horrendous, no wonder its not region free.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
1zldt.png

If nothing else, this image gets me hyped up. Really invokes SMG.

Will be interesting once we get some GAF impressions in and we see where it stacks up in the series. NP said it was the best handheld Mario, but what about any of the console ones?

Takao

Banned
Andrex said:
1zldt.png

If nothing else, this image gets me hyped up. Really invokes SMG.

Will be interesting once we get some GAF impressions in and we see where it stacks up in the series. NP said it was the best handheld Mario, but what about any of the console ones?

Did I miss something? Why does Bowser have the tanooki tail?

Also, that screen reminds me of SM64, but that's just me.

You know, I thought this was coming out later this month, not the 13th!

So stoked! Between this, MK7 and RE: Revelations, I'll be set awhile for gaming on my 3DS.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
This might push me over the edge to pick up a 3DS.

Was hoping to wait for a redesign, but Super Mario is hard to resist.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also, before I forget, I should edit in the 3DS bundles with this game. I think only Europe has them right?

Takao said:
Did I miss something? Why does Bowser have the tanooki tail?

Also, that screen reminds me of SM64, but that's just me.

Did you play SMG? If so then you'd see what I was getting at.

Bowser with a Tanooki tail has been known for a bit, basically everything has a Tanooki tale in this game. Re-read the OP and pay careful attention to the headings. ;)

Bob-ombs have tales too but I couldn't find a high-res CG pic of it to us as a header. :( So we got Peach.

Takao

Banned
Andrex said:
Did you play SMG? If so then you'd see what I was getting at.

Bowser with a Tanooki tail has been known for a bit, basically everything has a Tanooki tale in this game. Re-read the OP and pay careful attention to the headings. ;)

Bob-ombs have tales too but I couldn't find a high-res CG pic of it to us as a header. :( So we got Peach.

Yeah, I've played Galaxy. The screenshot just reminds me of having to throw Bowser by the tail in SM64.

And I totally didn't notice the tanooki tales in the banner. Bob-omb, Goomba, Bullet Bill, and even the logo are sporting them, haha.

If only the Japanese version wasn't so expensive I would've ordered it. Ah well, not too long to wait for the PAL release. Have high hopes for this!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
New banner in OP~

Takao said:
Yeah, I've played Galaxy. The screenshot just reminds me of having to throw Bowser by the tail in SM64.

Ah I see.

Takao said:
And I totally didn't notice the tanooki tales in the banner. Bob-omb, Goomba, Bullet Bill, and even the logo are sporting them, haha.

It's pretty crazy. Basically like what the OP says, a storm blows a bunch of leaves and suddenly everyone has a tail. I just wonder, was that like the Mushroom Kingdom's first storm or something? Lol.

Sadist

Spanish Wrath said:
Fuck November. Seriously.

On 18th we got this and Skyward Sword.

On 25th ToA.

Next week MW3 and Skyrim.
And I just bought Aliens Infestation... my wallet cries

Amir0x

Banned
I like this thread, very streamlined and to the point. This is my favorite type of official topic.

My Skyward Sword OT is going to look very similar and with similar streamlined information giving, but with perhaps even less graphics.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Immensely looking forward to this for some reason.

I can envision the Invincibility Leaf and P-Wing to get a lot of criticism from the same vocal minority about the death of challenge in Nintendo games.

I really don't know what to do here. For me, initially, I wasn't hyped about Skyward Sword, but now I need it more than air.

But this game, despite looking awesome at E3, has since lost my interest.

I probably won't buy, and it feels strange to say that....

I'm looking forward to this yet not entirely hyped at the moment, the trailers do invoke a sense of the galaxy games minus the gravity so i'm expecting good stuff.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Amir0x said:
I like this thread, very streamlined and to the point. This is my favorite type of official topic.

My Skyward Sword OT is going to look very similar and with similar streamlined information giving, but with perhaps even less graphics.

Yeah, it was intentional. I mean at this point there's little reward for combing through a Mario game and posting every single minute detail in a giant OP. Part of it could also be I'm slightly burnt out from my Pokemon Community Thread. :p

On the other hand, I do think graphics, even basic text ones just for the headers, do make an OP a lot more appealing. So drop me a PM if you decide you want that.

When will you be posting it?

FreeMufasa

oh wow. This whole time I thought SM3DL was SML (GB) in 3D for the eShop and I thought this was just called Super Mario.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
FreeMufasa said:
oh wow. This whole time I thought SM3DL was SML (GB) in 3D for the eShop and I thought this was just called Super Mario.

It really isn't a perfect name, but I'd be sort of hard pressed to come up with a good one myself.

Amir0x

Banned
Andrex said:
Yeah, it was intentional. I mean at this point there's little reward for combing through a Mario game and posting every single minute detail in a giant OP. Part of it could also be I'm slightly burnt out from my Pokemon Community Thread. :p

On the other hand, I do think graphics, even basic text ones just for the headers, do make an OP a lot more appealing. So drop me a PM if you decide you want that.

When will you be posting it?

I mean I was just going to do stuff like this for headers:

GENERAL OVERVIEW

But if you want to take on the job of doing banners - my photoshop is corrupted at the moment, which is the second reason I went less graphic intensive other than purely stylistic reasons - I'd be glad. But I'd like to keep them quite simple like you have in the OP here, I'd dig it. I'll PM you.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Amir0x said:
I mean I was just going to do stuff like this for headers:

GENERAL OVERVIEW

But if you want to take on the job of doing banners - my photoshop is corrupted at the moment, which is the second reason I went less graphic intensive other than purely stylistic reasons - I'd be glad. But I'd like to keep them quite simple like you have in the OP here, I'd dig it. I'll PM you.

Uggggh I really didn't like that in your SMG thread. :p Otherwise it was fine. I'd have to come up with a good simple theme... well, PM me.

Might want to look into Gimp man, it's what I use for my threads.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Great work on the OT. Really can't wait for this game - the brief amount I have played before really whet my appetite :D

.la1n

I hope the inclusion of the koopa kids in NSMBWii & In Super Mario 3D Land means that they intend to finally put them in the next full fledge 3D Mario console game.

BowieZ

Banned
.la1n said:
I hope the inclusion of the koopa kids in NSMBWii & In Super Mario 3D Land means that they intend to finally put them in the next full fledge 3D Mario console game.
Seemingly, there are no Koopalings in this game. Or Bowser Jr., for that matter.

It's Boom-Boom, his female counterpart, and Bowser.

On that note, I hope this means they are *saving* the Koopalings in full 3D for the fully fledged 3D Mario Wii U game.

This game looks F-U-N.

Nothing groundbreaking but man, it looks quality.

I guess they are saving(maybe) the next Galaxy game for the Wii U. It's funny as I thought maybe they should do something different and end that series after 2 games but I am replaying Galaxy 2 and I REALLY want another one with the Wii U's HD and horseypower.

Back to this game though, sure looks F-U-N.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The only thing that irks me is the recycled music from the Galaxy games. I'm sure this will be a great game but it does feel like it was cooked up very quickly.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I never finished Galaxy 2 but this looks great! Is there a 3DS bundle that's being released with this? I may need to ask for this for Christmas!

zoukka

Ushojax said:
The only thing that irks me is the recycled music from the Galaxy games. I'm sure this will be a great game but it does feel like it was cooked up very quickly.

That's because... it was.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Adam Prime said:
Man I never finished Galaxy 2 but this looks great! Is there a 3DS bundle that's being released with this? I may need to ask for this for Christmas!
Pretty sure a bundle is hitting PAL regions.

Vire

Nice OT. I want to play this but it'll have to wait since money is a little tight and I cant afford a 3DS at the moment.

First Mario game I've missed out on in forever. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm...

Guess I should put a preorder in somewhere. Around £30 is the cheapest I can find it.

Mistle

This comes out on the same day as Skyward Sword in Australia... Which is very sad as I will be choosing Zelda, but damn do I want this.

I'll be getting it asap after that however. Can't wait. Nice OT, too!

Top Bottom