• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
I went back and enhanced my first course with a brand new underground area and a few other touches. Just like before, it's a NSMB course that offers multiple routes and oldschool gameplay.

Welcome to the Jungle (EFE7-0000-004B-91A7)
mXQJk47.jpg

RY3pPlU.png

Thanks in advance to anyone who plays it. I'd love to hear your feedback!

Cool level, it brought me to my knees.

It looks like you put a lot of thought into the level, lots of exploring to do. The blue platforms in the underground area moved way to slow though, maybe try using the skull platforms instead.

Cool level, it brought me to my knees.

It looks like you put a lot of thought into the level, lots of exploring to do. The blue platforms in the underground area moved way to slow though, maybe try using the skull platforms instead.

Thanks man, I thought they were slow as well but couldn't figure out how in the world to speed them up. I'll definitely give the skull platforms a shot!

xglaurungx88

Neo Member
Is it just me or are the horrible troll levels in Expert 100-Man Mario always made by German players? It's gotten to where I have my finger ready on the - button when I see the flag.

R00bot

Good level I enjoyed it and gave you a star. I died a few times at the end with the buzz saws, but nothing that felt cheap.

Thanks! I worked pretty hard on the aesthetics of it, as well as adding a few little secrets here and there. Thanks for playing :)

RagnarokX

I'll be streaming user-submitted levels again at about 10PM Eastern (one hour from now). Post a code for a level and I'll stream it. One code per GAFfer. It can be for your stage or someone else's stage of your choice. Just quote this post with the code so that I can easily see it. First come, first served.
Boo's Plumbing Nightmare
4569-0000-0038-8CF2

:)

Kebiinu

Banned
I'll be streaming user-submitted levels again at about 10PM Eastern (one hour from now). Post a code for a level and I'll stream it. One code per GAFfer. It can be for your stage or someone else's stage of your choice. Just quote this post with the code so that I can easily see it. First come, first served.

In the meantime, you could also give my second stage a try:

Goomba's Spelunking Boots
F13E-0000-004C-86C9

Youtube playthrough (secret areas are spoiled)

I'll check your stage out! Looking forward to seeing you play mine!

Mushroom Heights
GJywodF.jpg
mYSzPNh.jpg

High above Mushroom Kindom, you'll find mushrooms taller than the clouds themselves. It's no coincidence that you encounter just that in this stage. With both high and lower altitudes, no matter how you're progressing, I hope you're prepared for an involuntary skydive!...that is, unless you're fortunate enough to don the Tanooki suit!

Stage ID: E7D5-0000-0049-5DCC

KingBroly

Banned
I couldn't get the timing down for the jumps. A little too unforgiving for my liking.

It's a pretty short level. I made it because I saw a lot of really hard, really long Challenges out there and thought an Obstacle Course kind of challenge with it being short was a good way to go to keep people trying it and not get discouraged too quickly.

The key is to go fast until you get to a certain point, then you have to go slow and then it's over.

There's no BS like Hidden Coin Blocks or Soft-locks in the level either, so it's just about Patience and Skill.

Thanks for playing it, at least.

Dyle

Footholds Fleeing From Firebars
E498-0000-004C-9B35

JEKKI

maaan I've been playing this game for like 3 days and there's a lot of real crappy levels out there :(

it really discourages me from trying to make one of my own becoz if I do it jus won't be fun lol.

this level however I played and it's freakin brilliant... highly HIGHLY recommend ppl here try it!!

8vN1ZfQ.jpg

13B2-0000-0042-7BB4

it's a hard stage, very hard, took me 45 minutes to beat,

but it's so smartly designed! it's a great mix of puzzle solving and player execution,

when you die you need to figure out how / why you died, and once you figure it out u gotta actually pull it off!!

anyways yap, wonderful stage and I think only one person has beaten it, which is me,

so I really hope more ppl go and check it out!!!

in the meantime I've nothing to do tonite so I'll probly check out some of the stages ppl posting in here ^_^

kinggroin

Banned

F13E-0000-004C-86C9

For this one, I made an attempt at creating a somewhat "genuine" SMB3 stage, with easy to moderate difficulty and based around a single game attribute (Goomba's Shoe). It's fairly larger than your standard SMB3 course, but I think it mostly meets the goal.

I originally wanted to make the underground area roughly twice as large, with more challenge rooms and secrets to uncover. However, I hit the block limit and had to cut things short. I could have added more areas by hollowing out the walls and using single-tile borders for all the rooms, but I felt that that would have ruined the aesthetic.

Previous stages:

Board the Airship

Thanks for the comments left on the first stage. I don't think I'll meticulously revise and reupload any stages unless they're outright broken, but every bit of advice helps for future efforts.

In the Mouth of Madness (56CB-0000-0040-8480)

I'll try yours tonight. Great work on these videos.

MrPanic

Finally got around to make another level, I usually take hours when creating a level so I've been hesitant to start making one lately, though it's great to make one again. This one is all about vine climbing. The first area down the pipe is basically a training area for your vine skills, so take your time to git gud cause it'd be a shame if you died later in the level because of your own mistake. (You can skip the pipe area by hitting the hidden block, should be obvious where it is.) The level is actually pretty easy if your vine game is on point. Feedback is appreciated!

House of Vines
WVW69iZlbPIp1ghB6o

917D-0000-004C-D50F

My older levels:
A508-0000-0032-C1E0 - (1 star) - Flappy Mario (Hard mode)
8FF8-0000-0029-9874 - (24 stars) - Flappy Squid
782A-0000-0026-F103 - (4 stars) - Bowser's Backup Cave
0248-0000-0017-0C43 - (0 stars) - Springboard Mayhem

The Red Baron vs. the Armada: BDC1-0000-0040-6D16

Ramsiege

F13E-0000-004C-86C9

I always have a soft spot for boots. Did this one twice.

I went back and enhanced my first course with a brand new underground area and a few other touches. Just like before, it's a NSMB course that offers multiple routes and oldschool gameplay.

Welcome to the Jungle (EFE7-0000-004B-91A7)
mXQJk47.jpg

RY3pPlU.png

Thanks in advance to anyone who plays it. I'd love to hear your feedback!

Good level. I beat it with the secret tunnel and without. Only complaint would be the blue pads are a bit slow and taking the secret tunnel makes the level a bit short.

Good level. I beat it with the secret tunnel and without. Only complaint would be the blue pads are a bit slow and taking the secret tunnel makes the level a bit short.

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to have the player come out at the end or in the tunnel just below the stacked Goombas. I ultimately thought of the tunnel as a second way of reaching the end of the level since the underground section that follows is somewhat lengthy.

jnWake

Thanks for watching!

Thanks everyone for watching. I had fun. GAF levels are so good!

Thanks for the stream! I noticed your (and others) "complaint" about the P-Block not regenerating hence forcing you to either do the challenge in one try or restart. I had an internal debate about that and decided to leave it like that since it's inspired by SM3DW's Mystery Houses which put you in small timed challenges and if you fail you have to start over. (Video for reference if you haven't played 3D World).

I'll leave the level here once again, in case anybody is interested in playing it:

Name: Mystery House Bounce.
ID: 15EA-0000-0048-B42C.

This has been the best received of my levels so far so I made a second one that I'll post here soon-ish.

Theorymon

F13E-0000-004C-86C9

I just uploaded a stage as you posted it, mind trying it out? I need to figure out if I made it too easy or too hard lol.

P-Switch Holding Olympic Swim! D82F-0000-004C-EB1E

9TDq699.jpg

Love for u to try this out.

clav

There could be an AVGN equivalent of Mario Maker levels.

So many shitty levels.

Playing 100 Mario Challenge is more like a chore.

Bridges & Boos
46C2-0000-0044-75A0

Also do you have a link to your stream. I wanna watch.

Ramsiege

Footholds Fleeing From Firebars
E498-0000-004C-9B35

Took me a few tries buy it was really fun and well designed. Definitely tested my reflexes.

Maybe do Caramel Cliffs? It's getting rave reviews! OK, only one review. Whatever.

F7F6-0000-0049-5E19

Doing a spin jump off him is the only way to get a 1-up on the flag pole. I was thinking the forced spin jump on spinies earlier would make that a little more obvious.

Really fun level with a good staging. Do you have any others?

:D

Fire Beneath the Mushroom Forest:
E8BD-0000-004B-D274

jnWake

If you're still receiving codes, try this one (that I haven't posted here yet):

E3B1-0000-004D-050B .

I'll be sure to play your second level. I couldn't clear the first one but I'll beat this one!

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

Happy Swimming: 70D8-0000-0049-889F

Enjoy :) If you're still taking codes !

correojon

Doing a spin jump off him is the only way to get a 1-up on the flag pole. I was thinking the forced spin jump on spinies earlier would make that a little more obvious.

Oh right. After the scare I got I decided to leave him in peace and just cross the line, but it's a cool feature having him there for the jump boost. It's just that I wasn't expecting anything and it took me by surprise.

VandalD

If I'm not too late:

Non-canon Cannon Ship (0031-0000-0016-9AC4)

Ramsiege

I had the hardest part first in it so once you pass that, it's easy

but here it is
The mini Gauntlet
WVW69iZTI3IS3ouMzn

746A-0000-0046-09D7

I don't think the first block after the thwomps should have fire on it. Makes it impossible to land if you're unlucky enough to have the fire going in your direction when you reach the end of the thwomps. In that case it's more luck than skill and feels cheap and frustrating.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Streaming the following levels live. Watch at either of these URLs:
http://gaming.youtube.com/sixfortyfive/live
http://youtube.com/sixfortyfive/live

If you join late, remember that you can rewind the stream at any time to catch what you missed. Also try picking a lower resolution/quality setting if the stream is lagging for you.

2BBD-0000-003F-47B9 Thud
F19E-0000-004C-881F Christine
4569-0000-0038-8CF2 RagnarokX
E7D5-0000-0049-5DCC Kebiinu
E498-0000-004C-9B35 Dyle
56CB-0000-0040-8480 kinggroin
BDC1-0000-0040-6D16 ShockingAlberto
D82F-0000-004C-EB1E Theorymon
FDE9-0000-0047-2F92 BroggieDoge
46C2-0000-0044-75A0 Gotdatmoney
E8BD-0000-004B-D274 Wowfunhappy
E3B1-0000-004D-050B jnWake
70D8-0000-0049-889F NetMapel
0031-0000-0016-9AC4 VandalD
9B48-0000-004C-A29E Beverage55

JazzmanZ

F13E-0000-004C-86C9

For this one, I made an attempt at creating a somewhat "genuine" SMB3 stage, with easy to moderate difficulty and based around a single game attribute (Goomba's Shoe). It's fairly larger than your standard SMB3 course, but I think it mostly meets the goal.

I originally wanted to make the underground area roughly twice as large, with more challenge rooms and secrets to uncover. However, I hit the block limit and had to cut things short. I could have added more areas by hollowing out the walls and using single-tile borders for all the rooms, but I felt that that would have ruined the aesthetic.

Previous stages:

Board the Airship

Thanks for the comments left on the first stage. I don't think I'll meticulously revise and reupload any stages unless they're outright broken, but every bit of advice helps for future efforts.

Thwomp Tromp

(CEB7-0000-004D-29EC)

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Not my level, but I thought it was pretty cool.

5058 0000 0022 A4A4

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Someone want to try my easy level? Just trying to get a feel for design.

JMDSO Plains 1-4 065E-0000-004D-326C

WVW69iZmWfcqnCoKxM

I'm planning on playing and critiquing a couple GAF levels. Please reply with your level. I prefer more attempts at fair Mario levels, no Kaizu stuff and My First Level please.

I'm planning on playing and critiquing a couple GAF levels. Please reply with your level. I prefer more attempts at fair Mario levels, no Kaizu stuff and My First Level please.

Try mine! 73A1-0000-0049-51EA
Titled "My Little Yoshi: Friendship is Tragic"

I think most would agree that it's a fair level, but it's fairly long. I don't troll you though, and the challenges are all on the easy-medium side if you're proficient with Mario.

So, thanks to the advice to spam blocks everywhere all the time, I unlocked everything last night.

I'm wondering, though: is there any way to increase the stage height? Seems like all you can do is change the width.

clav

So, thanks to the advice to spam blocks everywhere all the time, I unlocked everything last night.

I'm wondering, though: is there any way to increase the stage height? Seems like all you can do is change the width.

Nope.

You can make players believe they're scaling through warp pipes as they are teleported to different portions of the stage that require climbing.

Stoze

Alright gonna be playing your guys' levels for a few hours. Quote me if you'd like me to play yours, and then I'll give some short feedback on here in bursts.

Edit; Done for the night. Check the next few pages to see my thoughts on your level, you should be quoted. If you quoted me before and I missed you, let me know.

I'm happy you played my level, even if it was only for a little bit.

If anyone dares to try and conquer it, be my guest:

I Wanna Be The Mario
4D94-0000-0040-E45B

Said it a few pages back but I will say it again, it was a great course and really challenging! It took me about 100 lives to beat it, lol.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Alright gonna be playing your guys' levels for a few hours. Quote me if you'd like me to play yours, and then I'll give some short feedback on here in bursts.

065E-0000-004D-326C

I guess I'll do the same and play people's levels for a little while.

clav

I think my courses are difficult, so if you don't want to play them, I understand.

Here's one that 2 people so far have played a couple of times and gave up.

The Water Armada: D2AC-0000-0040-4CAD

jnWake

My first Mystery House level got a good reception so I decided to make a second one:

WVW69iZl6WkkkgsiKH

Mystery House Surf: E3B1-0000-004D-050B .

For the second entry in the Mystery House series, I went with the SMB3 look. In this level, you have to, well, surf!

Wait, surf?

WVW69iZl7UMMNqJh0W

YES!

I discovered this mechanic in a GAF level, Nightmare in 1-1 (shame I don't have the code at hand but you can search for it in this thread, it's pretty cool). Mystery House Surf features four challenges around riding the beetle helmet and it can actually get pretty challenging, but it's also pretty fun!

Hope you guys try and enjoy it!

If you liked this level, please try my other levels. There's another (easier) Mystery House level there too.

EDIT:

Try this one!

Top Bottom