• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monkey Ball for Xbox

segasonic

SyNapSe said:
Same here! This is great news, if true. I wonder if it will start at a budget-style price as most remake-type compilations are anymore. $30, or $40.
ebgames has the PS2 version priced at $30

Sho Nuff

Banned
Yes, and I'm more concerned with my favorite company losing money than getting to play their actual games.

Oh, no, wait.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=108936

SUPER MONKEY BALL DELUXE SWINGS ON PS2 AND XBOX

What's that Cheetah? PS2 and Xbox versions you say? Ook...

16:16 Super Monkey Ball, Sega's cute GameCube action puzzler which not only had us going nuts but also drove us completely bananas [one more and you're fired - Ed], is not only heading to Xbox but is also set to debut on the PS2, we can exclusively reveal.

Going under the moniker of Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, the game is apparently set to feature over 300 levels drawn from Balls one and two, as well as 46 completely brand new levels.

There's talk of a new challenge mode which combines the three difficulty levels of the first two games and a story mode which is enhanced by 12 party games, however support for Xbox Live won't be included in that version of the game.

Our enquires were met with a strict "no comment" from a Sega spokesperson, but another reputable source, ie. a cheeky little monkey in the know, told us that both PS2 and Xbox versions will be confirmed soon.

Expect Super Monkey Ball Deluxe to swing into action on both PS2 and Xbox shortly.

P90

The only way this will sell on the Xbox is if the Master Chief is an unlockable character. I can see the PS2. The PS2 is the console of choice for children, this gen.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Now if they only would make a PSP and DS version, all would be perfect. This kind of game is actually more suited for a handheld than a home console, IMO.

etiolate said:
Yeah, I see that, but it would make more sense to work on a Monkey Ball 3 for GC than to port the games to a console which has rejected nearly all non-sports Sega titles. A colorful monkey puzzle game isn't exactly the Xbox demographic.

I don't think Amusement Vision is working on the Ports for PS2 and X-box, they are just over seeing it. Sega probaly got a a seveloper like Sumo Digigtal to do the ports. So If Amusement Vison wanted to they could do Monkey Ball 3. Probaly they are working on some new game that is keeping them form bringing out Monkey Ball 3.

Iceman

heck, me and my roomate were thinking of picking up a gamecube just for super monkey ball party games (we try to host gaming parties as often as we can)... if you can link multiple xboxes then we are set.

Hellraizah

segasonic said:
???

Do you think it's a fake?
No, I just think that credits should go to me, and not to "manager" or whoever he is, as I reported that a long time ago. See the thread linked on the first page of the thread.

Does anyone Remember that list that appeared on some european website last summer. I know it was posted on the GAF. It seems that list is coming ture. Even though I own Virtua Fighter 4 and Virtua Fighters 4 EVO, I would love to own an arcade Perfect Virtua Fighters 4 on the X-box.

Does anyone know of a way to play Imports on the PS2, with out Modding the system? I would love to play Virtua Cop Rebirth, Sega Ages: Virtua Racing and Sega Ages Virtua Fighters 2 ( finally a version with the bridge on the river stage).

sonic4ever said:
Does anyone Remember that list that appeared on some european website last summer. I know it was posted on the GAF. It seems that list is coming ture. Even though I own Virtua Fighter 4 and Virtua Fighters 4 EVO, I would love to own an arcade Perfect Virtua Fighters 4 on the X-box.

Does anyone know of a way to play Imports on the PS2, with out Modding the system? I would love to play Virtua Cop Rebirth, Sega Ages: Virtua Racing and Sega Ages Virtua Fighters 2 ( finally a version with the bridge on the river stage).

Wait..Virtua Cop Rebirth? Thats news to me. Is it a remake,or is it Virtua Cop 3 with a name change?

And yes Virtua Racing is killing me also,I would love to have it released in North America. The 32X version on emulation is fine,but from what people have said in this forum the PS2 version is the best to go with. Well,I'm willing to pay,someone needs to release it over here cause I dont wanna even consider moddiong a console just for a game or two.

T-1000_Model3 said:
Wait..Virtua Cop Rebirth? Thats news to me. Is it a remake,or is it Virtua Cop 3 with a name change?

And yes Virtua Racing is killing me also,I would love to have it released in North America. The 32X version on emulation is fine,but from what people have said in this forum the PS2 version is the best to go with. Well,I'm willing to pay,someone needs to release it over here cause I dont wanna even consider moddiong a console just for a game or two.
Virtua Cop Rebirth was Virtua cop 1 and 2 together for the PS2, think of it lke the Virtua fighter 1 in virtua Fighter 4: evo. Virtua Cop Rebirth used the guncon 2 that namco brought out. I believe this game is avaliable in europe and in Japan, but not america ..damn it! So I too trying out to figure out how to play Imported games on my PS2 with out modding.

Well I never knew Virtua Cop Rebirth was VC1 and 2,wow thats a damn nice package to look forward to. I guess I'm like you though,I don't want to mod,I just want these games to release at retail where I live. Virtua Racing and now Rebirth would be great to have,I assume that Rebirth has been touched up some? Like Virtua Racing was? Its hard to believe that these two games aren't making the rounds in Amercia,those two games are very much pick up and play games,plus there would be no long translation involved. There has to be someone who would be willing to bring them over. What the heck are Working Designs doing nowdays?

Top Bottom