• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The stats came from our Prediction thread. Since we got a final roster on 3DS version (I'm not going to declare any winner until Wii U has came out in worldwide. Who know if rumor is right or not.)

Confirmed Characters
Mario - 100%
Luigi - 100%
Princess Peach - 100%
Bowser - 99.16%
Dr. Mario - 0%
Rosalina - 4.21%
Bowser Jr. - 22.69%

Yoshi - 100%

Donkey Kong - 98.32%
Diddy Kong - 93.28%

Wario - 96.64%

Link - 100%
Zelda - 99.16%
Sheik - 79.83%
Ganondorf - 91.60%
Toon Link - 71.43%

Samus - 99.16%
Zero Suit Samus - 84.04%

Pit - 97.48%
Palutena - 66.39%
Dark Pit - 9.25%

Marth - 95.80%
Ike - 47.90%
Lucina - 13.45%
Robin - 5.89%

Kirby - 99.16%
Metaknight - 95.80%
King Dedede - 92.44%

Fox - 99.16%
Falco - 89.92%

Pikachu - 100%
Jigglypuff - 90.76%
Pokemon Trainer's Charizard - 46.22% & Pokemon Trainer - 89.08%
Lucario - 36.14%
Pokemon X/Y - 29.42%

Captain Falcon - 100%
Ness - 99.16%
Captain Olimar - 92.44%

Villager - 0.84%
Wii Fit Trainer - 0%
Little Mac - 60.51%
Mii - 20.17%
Shulk - 64.71%

Mr. Game and Watch - 94.12%
R.O.B. - 82.36%
Duck Hunt Dog - 3.36%

Sonic - 89.08%
Mega Man - 58.83%
Pac-Man - 57.15%

Cut Characters (So Far)
Mewtwo - 70.59%
Roy - 15.97%

Ice Climbers - 94.12%
Pokemon Trainer - 89.08%
Pokemon Trainer's Ivysaur - 46.22%
Pokemon Trainer's Squirtle - 46.22%
Lucas - 79%
Wolf - 74.79%
Snake - 60.51%

ffdgh

God after reading some posts on /r/smashbros and seeing some horrific photos I am truly afraid of breaking my circle pad

Is this how they're going to sell New 3DS? by breaking everyone's old one? LOL
Ouch. Some must be very rough with their slide pads if they're breaking that fast.

Stoze

Laggy sometimes, ok when playing w/ friends in the US, i believe. Sometimes i have fights that are alright, but it's never been perfect.

Very interested to see what it's like once it's out here and I play w/ someone relatively near me.

Both. depends on the match.

Hmm I see. I guess I'll have to wait till US release before getting more accurate impressions.

The demo is pretty addicting, except it's hurting my left hand and I feel like I'm gonna brake the circle pad. I'll probably just put up with it like I did with Kid Icarus...god damn Sakurai.

Makai

smash 64 - 5 stock
melee - 4 stock
brawl - 3 stock
smash 4 - 2 stock
smash 5 - 1 stock
smash 6 - rock paper scissors bo3, smash bros isn't even played
I didn't watch the tournament but I refuse to believe that matches last longer than Brawl matches.

ASTROID2

God after reading some posts on /r/smashbros and seeing some horrific photos I am truly afraid of breaking my circle pad

Is this how they're going to sell New 3DS? by breaking everyone's old one? LOL
I just had a pretty big scare. I was playing in the dark an it felt like my circle pad fell off. I freaked out and turned on the lights. Just the rubber cover came off and it goes on easly. Whew!
I'm actually more scared of wearing out my R button than anything else.

Atilac

The stats came from our Prediction thread. Since we got a final roster on 3DS version (I'm not going to declare any winner until Wii U has came out in worldwide. Who know if rumor is right or not.)

Confirmed Characters
Mario - 100%
Luigi - 100%
Princess Peach - 100%
Bowser - 99.16%
Dr. Mario - 0%
Rosalina - 4.21%
Bowser Jr. - 22.69%

Yoshi - 100%

Donkey Kong - 98.32%
Diddy Kong - 93.28%

Wario - 96.64%

Link - 100%
Zelda - 99.16%
Sheik - 79.83%
Ganondorf - 91.60%
Toon Link - 71.43%

Samus - 99.16%
Zero Suit Samus - 84.04%

Pit - 97.48%
Palutena - 66.39%
Dark Pit - 9.25%

Marth - 95.80%
Ike - 47.90%
Lucina - 13.45%
Robin - 5.89%

Kirby - 99.16%
Metaknight - 95.80%
King Dedede - 92.44%

Fox - 99.16%
Falco - 89.92%

Pikachu - 100%
Jigglypuff - 90.76%
Pokemon Trainer's Charizard - 46.22% & Pokemon Trainer - 89.08%
Lucario - 36.14%
Pokemon X/Y - 29.42%

Captain Falcon - 100%
Ness - 99.16%
Captain Olimar - 92.44%

Villager - 0.84%
Wii Fit Trainer - 0%
Little Mac - 60.51%
Mii - 20.17%
Shulk - 64.71%

Mr. Game and Watch - 94.12%
R.O.B. - 82.36%
Duck Hunt Dog - 3.36%

Sonic - 89.08%
Mega Man - 58.83%
Pac-Man - 57.15%

This the full roaster?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Standings will be updated for the roster stuff right?

If you meant members with the points, yeah I should start working on those during my free time. Warning: It's not final until we see what is on Wii U roster.

I'm not counting DLC characters unless it's under weird situation so we will wait and see. I'm aware that they might need to save/hold back new characters to hyping up Wii U Release date but we don't know for sure. I seriously doubt it but again I could be wrong

All I know is something big is going to happen for the 3DS version in the future. There's no way that almost an extra gigabyte is being accounted for and not used if something isn't coming down the pike at some point.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Top 10 for Least Predicted Characters.
Wii Fit Trainer - 0%
Dr. Mario - 0%
Villager - 0.84%
Duck Hunt Dog - 3.36%
Rosalina - 4.21%
Robin - 5.89%
Lucina - 13.45%
Mii - 20.17%
Bowser Jr. - 22.69%
Pokemon X/Y - 29.42%

Top 2 for Least Predicted Veterans
Lucario - 36.14%
Ike - 47.90%

Forkball

I'm having trouble with switching modes between Shulk. Am I supposed to tap B, or hold B, or what? When I'm in a mode and I want to switch out, I often get a "smoky" black character and I can't go to the other options.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
All I know is something big is going to happen for the 3DS version in the future. There's no way that almost an extra gigabyte is being accounted for and not used if something isn't coming down the pike at some point.

How many memories do you think that replays, screenshots, and customization slots saves (8 per characteR) would take up? Just curious?

Would they applied the file saves memories to total memories?

Being able to play Smash 3DS on my HDTV and stream it is awesome. Capture card was worth it.

how much is a capture card for 3DS? i saw one on a site but it was only for regular small 3DS and cost $200+ 0_O, more then the system haha

i wish the best buy stream device would work for 3DS

Makai

I've watched a bunch of matches on stream that lasted half the time of the average 3-stock Brawl match. Brawl should have been 2 stock as well.
Good to hear. That matches my experiences playing against CPUs and online. Going from 0% to 60% happens quickly with tilt combos and a lot of characters have finishers that kill under 100%. A 2 stock standard would be madness, but I guess it depends on how good the keep-away game is for the best characters.

Makai

Oh yeah, wtf is up with Luigi's up-B? I could not hit the sweetspot. Did they move it to a weird location or something?

This is a rather fun post I saw on Reddit. If you could only choose 1 pack, which would it be?

cmbWNBO.png

Nanashrew

Banned
Haha! I'm very lucky.

You could search for it. Google Animal or Crossing in original thread.

I admit, I was incredibly skeptical about Duck Hunt Dog and all the talk around a possible move set. But now? I am so happy he is in and he has exceeded all my expectations! He just looks so fun and incredibly unique.

Forkball

I admit, I was incredibly skeptical about Duck Hunt Dog and all the talk around a possible move set. But now? I am so happy he is in and he has exceeded all my expectations! He just looks so fun and incredibly unique.

What's ironic is that people who guessed Duck Hunt Dog probably could have never guessed his moveset. Even after the leak, a lot of people were dead wrong about how he would play. Most people imagined him pulling out the zapper or throwing ducks, not summoning 8 bit outlaws and dynamite.

Haha! I'm very lucky.

You could search for it. Google Animal or Crossing in original thread.

apparently it was Akibastman, who also got Rosalina (!), Mii, and the new 3rd parties (of course, with many more misses such as Takamaru and Chrom lol)

btw your prediction percentages imply 119 rosters submitted, yet the OP of that thread links to 121 rosters, what's up with that?

This is a rather fun post I saw on Reddit. If you could only choose 1 pack, which would it be?

The Melee pack. Roy, Ice Climbers and Mewtwo would be worth it for me.

Although I don't think Young Link would be there. Toon Link is more or less his evolution, Toon Link is about as removed from Young Link as Brawl Falco is to Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom