• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I wish these were Pac-Man's alts:

lChXrfF.jpg

Top 4 are from the 4-player arcade. Bottom 4 are Mrs. Pacmans. I designed the Mrs. alt colors to give more variety.

Alternatively there could be a greyscale one:

Daingurse

With some X-Mas money from my mom, I was finally able to justify a Wii U purchase. Have the Wii-U and Smash in my closet now. X-Mas present to myself essentially, so soon. Soon . .

tumblr_ltdcmumKWy1qii6tmo1_500.gif

EditL Just bought Zombi U for 13 bucks as well. Feels good man. Next pay period probably getting Donkey Kong.

SoldnerKei

What am I supposed to be noticing here?

her ponytail is missing... so silly, I know lol

How do I teach a Link that it's okay to use that pointy metal thing he's carrying? He's nearly level 50 and he's still really easy to beat since he has little to no close-up game. Just get past his projectiles (or catch a ride on an inbound boomerang) and he's in trouble. How do I teach him, to you know, ftilt at someone doing that, or, well, anything other than random up-smashes?

He did do something sneaky, though. Grabbed the Smash Ball and then went straight back to camping the opposite ledge and shoot projectiles. "Go on, close in. I dare you."

oh this... and I thought only my Link was doing that... seriously he just run... run... and keeps running, he barely attacks, I wonder why since I play a little bit aggresive with Link

McNum

Ah, so it's an amiibo Link thing? He is quite committed to this plan, too. I played Palutena against him to set up a wall of Reflects to force him to close in if he wanted to do any damage at all. He started jumping then shooting a low power arrow so it would curve over the Reflect and hit Palutena behind it.

He is quite stubborn at keeping this up. It's amusing, really.

Son Of D

Given Nintendo's new found closeness to Tecm Koei, you would think that a Dynasty Warrior would make it's way into the game.

Dynasty Warriors is more of a PS affiliated franchise. Although Lu Bu in Smash would be stupidly hilarious. Tecmo-Koei rep is more likely to be either Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden or someone from Fatal Frame.

I can't even mentally comprehend ever being able to accomplish this. What character did you use?

It can actually be surprisingly easy with good equipment abuse.

I did it with Ganondorf and Vampire equipment, a defense badge, and another badge that improved jump height. Dorf is so heavy, hits even harder with equipment and recovers health as he attacks. He was practically the Juggernaut.

Related note, beat all the challenges on Sunday. I never want to do Trophy Rush or hear the music for the rest of my life. By the time I finally got all the Custom Specials I had 30~40 copies of the generic trophies. All that's left now is to veg out on online play until next smash.

Man I need help playing this game. Like many I can't find do the adapter. So what Control style do u guys puffer,and button layout?

Man I need help playing this game. Like many I can't find do the adapter. So what Control style do u guys puffer,and button layout?

The WiiU pro controller is the next best thing. I used it before I got a GCN controller and it felt great. For button layout you have to see for yourself what feels right.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I can't even mentally comprehend ever being able to accomplish this. What character did you use?

The 9.0 one? Vanilla Yoshi.

Yup, New Leaf has given you godly powers not from this world :p

And here I was proud of finally getting this one done after struggling with it for hours D:

lol. You should be proud, that one was a pain in the ass.

808life

Banned
Just picked the game up, was not able to get the bundle or the gc adapter. Hows the wii u pro controller for this? Never bought the pro before but might now since adapters seem to be OOS everywhere. For those who have both, is it a good substitute? Don't want to waste $50 on something thats half as good.

Azure J

Anyone manage to pull the perfect pivoting? any tips?

Try your best to return the stick to neutral on the return flick. While it can be done with a full smash flick forward and back, I've gotten very consistent results nudging it back after the first direction is smashed.

At the same time I'm not consistent enough to use it regularly in my game yet so take it with a grain of salt.

Durden77

Any impressive footage or tips from Doc players out there? I really want to make him work, but I just feel like I'm not taking advantage of his traits enough. And yes I know most people think he sucks, but he's really fun for me.

Timeaisis

Try your best to return the stick to neutral on the return flick. While it can be done with a full smash flick forward and back, I've gotten very consistent results nudging it back after the first direction is smashed.

At the same time I'm not consistent enough to use it regularly in my game yet so take it with a grain of salt.

+1 to this. It's way easier to turn to neutral than to flick backwards. At least for me.

Any impressive footage or tips from Doc players out there? I really want to make him work, but I just feel like I'm not taking advantage of his traits enough. And yes I know most people think he sucks, but he's really fun for me.
Been learning him the past weeks. Tornado in neutral and OoS reverse up Bs are your biggest friend. Also, lots of run shields. LOTS.

If you want, I'll play Doc against you. I don't think I'm particularly good with him but who knows?

Durden77

Been learning him the past weeks. Tornado in neutral and OoS reverse up Bs are your biggest friend. Also, lots of run shields. LOTS.

If you want, I'll play Doc against you. I don't think I'm particularly good with him but who knows?

Sure that would rock. We'll both earn our PHD's. Not at home at the moment, but I'll post when I am and see if you're around.

nikos

So the whole time I was trying to find a Little Mac Amiibo it was because I actually play him in Smash. Little did I know how Amiibos worked in Smash. Having two Little Macs on screen is going to be sort of confusing. Guess I will use Luigi or someone instead. :eek:

Are you guys using the same Amiibo as the character you play, or different?

Timeaisis

I cannot play online anymore. The lag is so awful. It's night and day compared to playing in person. Even subtle lag completely throws me off. I wonder if my ping is too high, but I'm using a wired connection...

Played a Luigi last night that put the fear of god into me. Could barely do damage to him as Villager.
Isn't it a great feeling when you find someone like that?

I cannot play online anymore. The lag is so awful. It's night and day compared to playing in person. Even subtle lag completely throws me off. I wonder if my ping is too high, but I'm using a wired connection...
We could always play in a few to test it out, and I can tell you how "good" it is.

What kind of lag are you most experiencing? Is it a delay issue, or stuttering/freezing?

Timeaisis

What kind of lag are you most experiencing? Is it a delay issue, or stuttering/freezing?

Lots of delay, and some freezing.

Edit: I think it might be my Ethernet adapter causing it, as weird as that sounds. I switched to wireless and it's better. Not ideal (it's wireless) but way better. Could be a power draw thing? I do have the ethernet adapter, gc adapter , and harddrive connected to my wii u via usb.

I should invest the official Nintendo Ethernet adapter, maybe. I've got some nyko one I bought for brawl...

Lots of delay, and some freezing.

You'll never get rid of minimal delay online, but I've played enough games to where I've had plenty of extremely minimal delay in commands to think there may be some hidden bottleneck going on. If you're running your wired connection through a router, try opening your ports. I heard that helps. Also, are you sure there is no hidden firewall or anything like that? Do you share the connection with anyone else where you live?

edit: also, are you using a cable split for your wired connection? That messes up your speeds I've heard.

Timeaisis

You'll never get rid of minimal delay online, but I've played enough games to where I've had plenty of extremely minimal delay in commands to think there may be some hidden bottleneck going on. If you're running your wired connection through a router, try opening your ports. I heard that helps. Also, are you sure there is no hidden firewall or anything like that? Do you share the connection with anyone else where you live?

edit: also, are you using a cable split for your wired connection? That messes up your speeds I've heard.

Hmm.. possible. I'll try the opening my ports. And yeah, I Ann using a split cable.

Gizuko

I'm finding it really hard to KO players as ZSS, any tips or videos I can watch?

I'm seriously lacking any ability to follow up once I manage to launch anyone off the ground, so that might be it, but I'm getting screwed pretty badly in for fun because I can't get the KOs once I raise someone's % enough.

I have watched Dakpo's match vs AeroLink, but I'm having more problems in free-for-all modes than in 1vs1.

Azure J

Played a Luigi last night that put the fear of god into me. Could barely do damage to him as Villager.

I wonder if we played the same Luigi. I forgot the guy's tag but I have literally never seen such a precise and aggressive set of things from one player before that. It looked like buttons everywhere (I didn't know Weegee recovered from dair fast enough to put out a nair before that experience) and I was just helpless. At the same time, I felt kinda good that as a past Luigi player I saw the moments when they were going for f-smash and Fire Jump Punch setups without specifically understanding the new setups into them. :lol

I'm finding it really hard to KO players as ZSS, any tips or videos I can watch?

I'm seriously lacking any ability to follow up once I manage to launch anyone off the ground, so that might be it, but I'm getting screwed pretty badly in for fun because I can't get the KOs once I raise someone's % enough.

I have watched Dakpo's match vs AeroLink, but I'm having more problems in free-for-all modes than in 1vs1.
Down throw into up B or uair is good.

Timeaisis

I wonder if we played the same Luigi. I forgot the guy's tag but I have literally never seen such a precise and aggressive set of things from one player before that. It looked like buttons everywhere (I didn't know Weegee recovered from dair fast enough to put out a nair before that experience) and I was just helpless. At the same time, I felt kinda good that as a past Luigi player I saw the moments when they were going for f-smash and Fire Jump Punch setups without specifically understanding the new setups into them. :lol

I'm seeing quite a bit of Luigis today. The secret is out.

jnWake

Done? GGs, eggs are annoying as shit

Hahaha yes they are. We had some weird lag spikes sometimes, but other than that it was very playable.

I made some experiments in a few matches to test some stuff. Granted, they failed (when I jumped towards your Ness "missile" and when I fell asleep against Jigglypuff haha).

atr0cious

Any advanced techniques for Donkey Kong? I love using him, but he's pretty unfun at times online, especially if there is a hint of lag. He's got no real safe moves, and if the other character is fast, they can easily put 100% on you before you touch the ground. Played sometime last night with a Yoshi that would hit me once, and then 5 secs later of sold juggling I'm off screen. Doesn't help that DKs hit boxes are enormous and yet his attacks only hit in certain areas.Feel like the training dummy at times.

nikos

At the store picking up another Amiibo as a gift. Which character is a good partner for Yoshi, Robin or Jigglypuff?

Top Bottom