• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
but dat official deejay pressure though

jWGC70h.png

That official jab is impressive. Reminds me of that ridiculousness Daigo would pull with Ryu's jab.

Morris

Disco Devil
Started playing this again to get over heartbreak.

Played Ranked for the first time on ps3. Went to 3.5k pp in 3 or so days after not playing for months.

Also some dude called me a bitch after he got a win on me so I decided to ft5 him and won 5-0 clean. This game still makes me salty as fuck even if I win.

Good 2 be back. Maybe...

Imm0rt4l

Played Ranked for the first time on ps3. Went to 3.5k pp in 3 or so days after not playing for months.

Also some dude called me a bitch after he got a win on me so I decided to ft5 him and won 5-0 clean. This game still makes me salty as fuck even if I win.

Good 2 be back. Maybe...
You still playing dudley or yun?

Good 2 be back. Maybe...

I know how you feel. I had a LONG ass session yesterday for the first time in probably a year (well I played xCobalt a couple months ago in a short set) and I went 68-9. I had a 30 win streak with Sagat and a 20 win streak with T.Hawk.

Felt good, but my blood was boiling at some of those losses. Overall I was very pleased though and now I'm getting super hype for Ultra.

xCobalt

I know how you feel. I had a LONG ass session yesterday for the first time in probably a year (well I played xCobalt a couple months ago in a short set) and I went 68-9. I had a 30 win streak with Sagat and a 20 win streak with T.Hawk.

Felt good, but my blood was boiling at some of those losses. Overall I was very pleased though and now I'm getting super hype for Ultra.

We should play again sometime. Last we played, you didn't even remember who your main was haha

Morris

Disco Devil
You still playing dudley or yun?

Still playing Yun for like 98% of the time.

I tried playing Dudley again but I'm straight terrible with him now. Anyone with mildly decent footsies can keep Dudley the hell away and I just don't have the patience anymore lol.

We should play again sometime. Last we played, you didn't even remember who your main was haha
If I'm going strictly off of points then it would be Rufus and Viper. I didn't use them at all yesterday though. I don't feel like I'm ready to use either of them because I'd just go into auto pilot. Sagat and others actually makes me engage my mind, haha.

Imm0rt4l

Still playing Yun for like 98% of the time.

I tried playing Dudley again but I'm straight terrible with him now. Anyone with mildly decent footsies can keep Dudley the hell away and I just don't have the patience anymore lol.

I know this feel man. Dudley requires a lot of risk taking to get where he needs to be. I don't like having to take damage to give it, nature of the beast when your characters oki and stun is strong. It's funny, I was playing a really strong juri one day. Got one game off with dudley convincingly, then he played SUPER LAME, and when I'd get close she'd either be at advantage or be in a neutral jump blockstring advantage. I was lamed out for like 5 games straight. Then I switched to gouken, and all respect for my character went out the window and he just rushed me the fuck down. I need to find a character that isn't on either extreme. Or I just need to focus on Gouken some more.

I know this feel man. Dudley requires a lot of risk taking to get where he needs to be. I don't like having to take damage to give it, nature of the beast when your characters oki and stun is strong. It's funny, I was playing a really strong juri one day. Got one game off with dudley convincingly, then he played SUPER LAME, and when I'd get close she'd either be at advantage or be in a neutral jump blockstring advantage. I was lamed out for like 5 games straight. Then I switched to gouken, and all respect for my character went out the window and he just rushed me the fuck down. I need to find a character that isn't on either extreme. Or I just need to focus on Gouken some more.
You need a sparring partner who plays Vega....

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can not play in over a month and still come back and do everything. Once SF fundamentals are ingrained into your head, it's easy to get back into gear after a game or two unlike other fighting games. That's why SF will always be the most accessible fighting game.

GGs xCobalt. After losing a billion straight with Viper and Sagat, I realized I needed to use characters with good footsies... plus I kept dropping the Ultra with Viper, really irritating.

When you hit that U1 on Rose and won that match, I laughed so hard. Such a good read. So demoralizing.

Gouken is so scary once you're in the corner. I feel like I can't press anything. And you just know how to make such great use out of all of his normals.

Marz

GGs xCobalt. After losing a billion straight with Viper and Sagat, I realized I needed to use characters with good footsies... plus I kept dipping the Ultra with Viper, really irritating.

When you hit that U1 on Rose and won that match, I laughed so hard. Such a good read. So demoralizing.

Gouken is so scary once you're in the corner. I feel like I can't press anything. And you just know how to make such great use out of all of his normals.

Sagat beats Gouken doe.

Marz

Shit, not mine. I feel like Gouken doesn't let me play the way I want.

Plus I have pretty much no Gouken experience.

Yea he hits like a truck, you're probably respecting him too much though. You can abuse him on wakeup pretty bad with cr. LK and cr.MP.

Fireball game is a lot different from most MUs with Sagat because you have to be on the lookout for EX Demon flip which is annoying, but Sagat still wins the zoning game.

xCobalt

GGs xCobalt. After losing a billion straight with Viper and Sagat, I realized I needed to use characters with good footsies... plus I kept dipping the Ultra with Viper, really irritating.

GGs man. I had such a hard time against Rufus. Not sure if I should try and play keepaway or be more aggressive.

It can be really difficult once you're in the corner. Just remember not to press buttons after blocking a fireball, but rather the follow-up normal. I sometimes do a far roundhouse after a fireball and it usually catches people jumping away or just pressing buttons. The roundhouse is -3 on block so there's your chance to do something.

Sagat beats Gouken doe.

I think the matchup is pretty even. I still need more experience in it but I think it can go either way. Gouken has a fuzzy guard setup against Sagat too which I need to practice more.

GGs xCobalt. After losing a billion straight with Viper and Sagat, I realized I needed to use characters with good footsies... plus I kept dropping the Ultra with Viper, really irritating.

Sagat can get in dat old man ass, you just have to play the matchup right.

GGs man. I had such a hard time against Rufus. Not sure if I should try and play keepaway or be more aggressive.

It can be really difficult once you're in the corner. Just remember not to press buttons after blocking a fireball, but rather the follow-up normal. I sometimes do a far roundhouse after a fireball and it usually catches people jumping away or just pressing buttons. The roundhouse is -3 on block so there's your chance to do something.

I think the matchup is pretty even. I still need more experience in it but I think it can go either way. Gouken has a fuzzy guard setup against Sagat too which I need to practice more.
Yeah I kept a lot of stuff in mind from the first time we played. I wasn't pressing to much in the corner and I was able to punish things a lot easier once I started playing Vega.
Sagat can get in dat old man ass, you just have to play the matchup right.
I don't know the matchup at all, not a lot of Gouken's out there. I suppose I could just stay on top of him. I like to zone though, but fucking demon flip gets me nervous.

Funny thing is I have no problems at all with Akuma.

I don't know the matchup at all, not a lot of Gouken's out there. I suppose I could just stay on top of him. I like to zone though, but fucking demon flip gets me nervous.

Burn a bar on angry scar, it breaks focus which also gives you counter hit damage. That will terrify Gouken players into not using demon flip to get in or to try and bait you with his air parry.

Burn a bar on angry scar, it breaks focus which also gives you counter hit damage. That will terrify Gouken players into using demon flip to get in or to try and bait you with his air parry.

Alright I'll keep that in mind, especially since I'll be playing Sagat heavily in Ultra. I wish I knew the changes though. I'm not sure if any of the lists are still current.

Burn a bar on angry scar, it breaks focus which also gives you counter hit damage. That will terrify Gouken players into not using demon flip to get in or to try and bait you with his air parry.

Yup, as soon as I have a bar available, I'll get dat Angry Scur locked and loaded waiting for some demon flipping Gouken to do so.

jlai

rice eater why you gotta test the fireball reactions man

also safe jumps/angling your dive kick to make DP whiff!

You mashed on my EX axe kick reset so I mashed on you Jlai. Something strange happened, as soon as the match ended, my game just froze on me and can't be restored so I had to go to the task manager to end it.

I used that match to practice some stuff. I tried the unblockable after forward throw against you, but you kept managing to DP it successfully. Whenever I tried it in training room, even if I did it incorrectly it was really hard to DP, but I think you were something like 4 for 4. I also wanted to mix up hop kick to make you not want to throw and to tech with another button, albeit slower one so I could try to land counter hit cl. HP or far MP(which will link into MK axe kick). It looked like you just resorted to jabs though.

Finally I found that I can DP so much better when I throw out cr. MK as a poke instead of a block string into fireball. It's strange, but just the fact that I cancel into fireball completely throws off my ability to DP people who jump my cr. MK. I also got hit by several of your jump ins trying to do a late DP which didn't work out. But GG's, hopefully you see this because I just shut off the game when it froze on me and never bothered going back to see if you said anything.

rice eater why you gotta test the fireball reactions man

also safe jumps/angling your dive kick to make DP whiff!

Reactions are a natural weakness of me in general. It's the reason why I have such difficulty getting out clutch anti-airs when I need it. Like I said in my previous post, I ate jump ins trying to DP them and payed for it. Same reason why I eat so many fireballs up close and why I can't do cr. MK, hado, FADC, whatever because I'm too slow to recognize the hit confirm.

As for the 2nd part, I wanted to try the unblockable which I struggled to DP myself in the training room. But I see you had no problem doing it yourself. Must have delayed the hell out of that.

K.Sabot

My XBL sub ran out... so..... back to PC I guess.

Lol SF4 PC thinks 1 second delay match is a 4 bar.

I mean, it does lie when someone comes in but even after the match it still said the connection was a 4 bar.

God damn this fucking online in this game. Also even less people play on PC than before, tempted to resub already.

alstein

My XBL sub ran out... so..... back to PC I guess.

Lol SF4 PC thinks 1 second delay match is a 4 bar.

I mean, it does lie when someone comes in but even after the match it still said the connection was a 4 bar.

God damn this fucking online in this game. Also even less people play on PC than before, tempted to resub already.

Think more folks are on ranked, and you don't see many in the mornings.

Moaradin

I played a few hours of ranked this morning on PC. Was able to get some decent games in, but lots of repeats of the same dude. I need that Ultra already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom