• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
The delayed wakeup is only on hard knockdowns, right? Or can you do it on any knockdown?

If you mean for USF4, then yeah it's only on hard knockdowns. Soft knockdowns has it's own version of delayed wake up, but it's either get up right away or something like 1 second later. No where near as short as DWU for hard knockdowns which is only 11 frames.

K.Sabot

Had an epic struggle getting all my points back after doing a long stint of drunk ranked matches this evening/morning. Goodbye sleep, hello deprivation.

Onemic

So DWU doesn't affect Ibuki's vortex game at all judging from the Game-acho matches. Just st.lk to compensate. She's gonna be a monster in Ultra.

So DWU doesn't affect Ibuki's vortex game at all judging from the Game-acho matches. Just st.lk to compensate. She's gonna be a monster in Ultra.

Yep, unlike Akuma she can adjust to DWU. The only good thing that may come out of this is that it forces Ibuki into a set up that won't force you to guess. Maybe the method Shimuta was using(when he had a very long win streak) can always be blocked the same way. Even though it gives her safe pressure without the fear of reversal, it's already a big help if we don't have to guess. That's just my hope anyways.

Akuma on the other hand has been gutted. He can't adjust to DWU with his demon flip, not even with EX fireballs. And even if that worked, it's too expensive of a method to continually go for. Aside from these two all the other so called "vortex" characters are fine since they get most of their pressure from soft knockdowns. I wonder if Sakura players will go back to 2009 and do EX tatsu into jab resets? Or maybe just end combos with DP like I've seen some do.

stn

@Rice-Eater

Totally agree, man. Akuma will still have a vortex if he guesses right, however. But all of his vortex options must be committed to the instant after the sweep connects, whether its a DF palm, non-command dive kick, or DF dive kick. I don't think there's time to decide whether to read the DWU or not. In hindsight, I think the nerfs to his defensive game are a bit much with DWU around. His fireball game is good to get a knockdown, not to timeout the opponent. He's not a pure zoner in the sense of Guile or Sagat, for example. He'll still be strong but I could see him being outside top 10. Changes are still being made so we'll see what happens.

I feel Capcom wishes they had more time to spend on Ultra before getting it out there, but they gotta get it out on time for Evo. Needs more proper loctests and
more Deejay buffs
more proper balancing tbh

alstein

I feel Capcom wishes they had more time to spend on Ultra before getting it out there, but they gotta get it out on time for Evo. Needs more proper loctests and
more Deejay buffs
more proper balancing tbh

I wouldn't be shocked if we get a fairly hefty post-Evo patch.

xCobalt

I wonder if Sakura players will go back to 2009 and do EX tatsu into jab resets? Or maybe just end combos with DP like I've seen some do.

Does DWU really effect her meaty fireball setups? I feel like with 11 frames, the fireball would still hit the opponent meaty.

Threi

notag
Yup. He is a completely underrated char and just needs one good player to showcase how good he is.

People who complain that he isn't good are just whiny scrubs who don't know what they are talking about.

alstein

Yup. He is a completely underrated char and just needs one good player to showcase how good he is.

People who complain that he isn't good are just whiny scrubs who don't know what they are talking about.

People said that about A2 Birdie back in the day. At some point a bad char is bad.

I don't know if this actually applies to Dee Jay though (maybe in AE, but maybe not Ultra)

Y0j1mb0

I suck at SSFIV but I love it and I'm down to tussle on PSN and pick up pointers. Any takers?

PSN: k0wb0y-b33b0p

If you're sending a friend request please add a note you're from GAF.

Threi

notag
hZsH6Ps.gif

...well i didn't get Greg'd :D

Anyone want to beat my ass at AE? I need to get ready for Ultra

I'm on psn and xbl

I should be available from today until Sunday for the most part, since I'm stuck at home.

Edit: I should probably post this in fgw as well.

xCobalt

Most likely. I can't attend every week but when I can I definitely try to head over.

Good to hear. I watched your match and noticed that you still really like to do EX fireballs haha. You usually went for a regular fireball and then immediately do ex fireball. I don't think your opponent picked up on that though.

BizzyBum

Good to hear. I watched your match and noticed that you still really like to do EX fireballs haha. You usually went for a regular fireball and then immediately do ex fireball. I don't think your opponent picked up on that though.

Yeah, I did the same thing when playing you. I throw them out too often and I never get Super.

I also played the match way too aggressive. After the match Mike was like "why did you try to go in so hard? Just zone me out and be lame." I guess I didn't want to be too boring on stream with like 5,000 people watching. lol

Also, I'm convinced most of Ryu's matchups are 6-4 against Ryu, not 5-5. He's only going to get worse in Ultra, too. I might have to switch to Evil Ryu.

Marz

Yeah, I did the same thing when playing you. I throw them out too often and I never get Super.

I also played the match way too aggressive. After the match Mike was like "why did you try to go in so hard? Just zone me out and be lame." I guess I didn't want to be too boring on stream with like 5,000 people watching. lol

Also, I'm convinced most of Ryu's matchups are 6-4 against Ryu, not 5-5. He's only going to get worse in Ultra, too. I might have to switch to Evil Ryu.

Nah Ryu has a pretty good matchup spread IMO.

xCobalt

I've been in that situation before lol. I remember I had to play on stream against a Ryu player and for some reason I thought it would be better to rush in and not play keepaway. I'm not too sure about the Sakura/Ryu matchup, so I can't really say if you were too aggressive. Only thing I noticed is that you didn't really anti air Sakura properly or threaten her with your dp on wakeup.

After looking at Ryu's ultra changes, it definitely seems like his changes are rather miniscule although the change to dp fadc will hurt. I think he's still a solid character though. Definitely in the top half of the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom