• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Chyler Leigh is too good.

Fine ep aside from Hank's story about Cyborg's death. If that's how it really happened, that's pretty shit.

Soon they'll reveal that the real Hank is still alive.

And man, that preview for next time. Fuck.

Cadmus? Aw, yeah. Time for Kara to get a sidekick.

yj1+superboy.jpg

Also, much like Arrow, now the only regular cast member to not know the hero's secret identity is the person who figured it out in the first ten episodes

Skux

The J'onn flashback was pretty stupid.

He saves Danvers from a slow moving python, and then Danvers and Henshaw kill each other. Oooookay.

Was expecting more to it than that.

I liked the episode but that really bugged me. J'onn saves him from a slow moving snake that poses no immediate threat? Come on! At least have Danvers slip and be hanging from a cliff or something. You know, an actual life or death situation which forges a bond between them. And then Danvers getting himself killed felt more like an accident than a noble sacrifice that would make J'onn feel indebted to the Danvers family for the rest of his life. The whole backstory sounded a lot cooler when J'onn told the story to Alex.

Apart from that the episode was very good, although Lucy suddenly becoming head of the DEO felt a little rushed. Wouldn't J'onn have to brainwash about a hundred people for the story to stick?

Silver Banshee origin story played out really nicely.

Flashbacks were great, the actors looked like they were having a lot of fun playing different version of their characters, especially David Harewood. The musical choices for the flashbacks were totally on point as well. Since U Been Gone and Party Rock Anthem, that took me back!

WE GOT CHOCOS

The introduction of Cadmus opens the door wide open for future villains. My biggest hope now is that Jeremiah turns out to be Cyborg Superman.

I still have no idea what made Lucy pin Alex as lying. She passed the polygraph and had no obvious tells. That bothered me way more than the Hank/Jeremiah flashback.

ZeroX03

Banned
Fun episode but really messy. Hard to buy the whole J'onn and Jeremiah relationship when Dean Cain can't act to save his life. Literally. Lots of the flashbacks "worked" because you got what they were getting at and not because they were actually compelling scenes. At least they still topped Man of Steel, not that it's hard.

I guess Siobhan is a metahuman huh. So she's just going to war paint herself up to be a supervillain? Odd choice. But Italia Ricci is so mesmerizing I can't care while in the moment.

Martian Manhunter is fantastic and the Chocos were cool. They had to get there eventualy.

Really pleased they're fleshing Lucy out beyond just a jealous ex too.

Luigi87

I still have no idea what made Lucy pin Alex as lying. She passed the polygraph and had no obvious tells. That bothered me way more than the Hank/Jeremiah flashback.

Yeah I woke up this morning thinking about that.

What Lucy did there was bullshit. Yes Alex was lying, but there was no evidence of it. Lucy just called that bluff and unlawfully arrested Alex.

Joni

Was a lovely episode, mostly on the flashback end although the Danvers was messed up by being so short. But glad that Jeremiah is alive so we can see more Dean Cain

And damn, Alex was hot and Lucy was tiny. So tiny.

Mariolee

Just watched the episode.

The way the plots progressed made absolutely no sense, but then again I haven't seen many of the earlier episodes.

As someone who is not an avid viewer (seen most of the beginning and recent episodes, missed a lot of the middle), these are the things that bothered me:

1. I never got that Alex was a party girl at all based on how Kara and her talk about their past and how Alex always took care of Kara.

2. The way Dean Cain was initially saved by Martian Manhunter was pretty lame. A snake? Come on. And the way Martian Manhunter just appears. I get that they're trying to make him appear curious to Earth, but still. There was a lot of build up to this mystery. Deliver.

3. The way he and the real Hank Henshaw died was really rushed and dumb too. I really wish they fleshed out Hank and the other general, they were way too 2-dimensional.

4. Is Lucy Lane even remotely qualified to take on something like the DEO? Speaking of, I feel like this organization has changes in their leadership every three episodes.

5. Having Kara reveal herself to Lucy the way she did only accentuates how ridiculous it is that no one aside from Cat Grant put two and two together about Kara being Supergirl.

6. Lucy calling Alex a liar made absolutely no sense. The way she put everything together didn't even come close to the conclusion that Alex was lying.

7. How the hell did Winn's girlfriend log onto Kara's laptop so quickly? Does Kara have no laptop? Speaking of, the way Winn found out that it was his girlfriend who did it...is the way he figured it out even possible? I'm not that into tech, so I didn't realize by looking at the harddrive you can apparently have a record of the typing speed of any point in previous time?

Joni

7. How the hell did Winn's girlfriend log onto Kara's laptop so quickly? Does Kara have no laptop? Speaking of, the way Winn found out that it was his girlfriend who did it...is the way he figured it out even possible? I'm not that into tech, so I didn't realize by looking at the harddrive you can apparently have a record of the typing speed of any point in previous time?

Oh yes, that annoyed me. Winn was clearly logged in without locking his computer, and that for a tech guy.

On the crossover,
what are the odds next weeks episode ends with them literally starting their race? Or some off-screen nonsense like when Flash and Arrow had a rematch fight? I'd love a type of Smallville-like scene where they're neck and neck and then Barry gives her a wave or salute, and bursts out with enough speed to leave her in the dust and get back to his universe.

Would have made more sense if Cat just had security cameras on the work floor.

Would have made more sense if Cat just had security cameras on the work floor.
Obviously they wanted Winn directly involved in proving it was her for maximum drama, so they shoehorned in an explanation that only he could provide.

I love this show but I really wish the writing weren't so questionable sometimes. Too often they decide the plot needs to go a certain direction but fail to execute them in a convincing way.

MartyStu

The way the plots progressed made absolutely no sense, but then again I haven't seen many of the earlier episodes.

As someone who is not an avid viewer (seen most of the beginning and recent episodes, missed a lot of the middle), these are the things that bothered me:

1. I never got that Alex was a party girl at all based on how Kara and her talk about their past and how Alex always took care of Kara.

2. The way Dean Cain was initially saved by Martian Manhunter was pretty lame. A snake? Come on. And the way Martian Manhunter just appears. I get that they're trying to make him appear curious to Earth, but still. There was a lot of build up to this mystery. Deliver.

3. The way he and the real Hank Henshaw died was really rushed and dumb too. I really wish they fleshed out Hank and the other general, they were way too 2-dimensional.

4. Is Lucy Lane even remotely qualified to take on something like the DEO? Speaking of, I feel like this organization has changes in their leadership every three episodes.

5. Having Kara reveal herself to Lucy the way she did only accentuates how ridiculous it is that no one aside from Cat Grant put two and two together about Kara being Supergirl.

6. Lucy calling Alex a liar made absolutely no sense. The way she put everything together didn't even come close to the conclusion that Alex was lying.

All of this bothered me. All of it.

Indelible

I was cringing so much during this episode, overall I enjoy the show but I hate having to turn off my brain when I watch it because of the things you mentioned;.

Would it be too much to hope for a
Glee reference
from next week?
Honestly I'll just take either Barry or Kara saying the word "Glee" or making remarks about singing or something.

Also, would there be a Barry Allen on Supergirl's Earth? I won't say the same vice-versa, because either Krypton doesn't exist on Earth-1 or it never blew up and Kara's like mid-thirties in that universe.

Gotta agree with all of this. Episode felt overstuffed, and was pretty bad. Easily one of the worst since the beginning of the season for me.

I saw it mentioned somewhere, but apparently all the badges Lucy wears on her uniform are real military achievement badges, which implies that she is genuinely trained to handle something like this.

Toa TAK

Banned
It's a weak episode for sure.

Though what is Lucy's military rank exactly? Excuse my ignorance, but how does she juggle military matters while having worked at Catco and etc.

It's a weak episode for sure.

Though what is Lucy's military rank exactly? Excuse my ignorance, but how does she juggle military matters while having worked at Catco and etc.
I know she was said to have achieved being a 2nd Lieutenant in her youth, and I believe currently she's a Major. I think she resigned from the army or something when she got the job.

Edit; from the Supergirl wikipedia, meaning a potential grain of salt to be taken with.

Lucy's military awards and decorations include the Meritorious Service Medal, Joint Service Commendation Medal, two Army Commendation Medals, Army Achievement Medal, and various unit, campaign, and service awards, in addition to the Army Staff Identification Badge.

I'm surprised AV Club gave this episode a B+ cause I thought it was kinda shitty?

Can't wait for Livewire and Silver Banshee to tag-team Supergirl.

With sexy results.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm surprised AV Club gave this episode a B+ cause I thought it was kinda shitty?

With sexy results.
You know, there's still an opportunity to have a Flash in THIS universe.

3 opportunities at least. ;D

Get on it Flash.
Or maybe she got a leave of absence given her father is a high ranking general.
Ah.

NEPOTISM

With sexy results.
Future episode synopsis; "Kara gets infected by pink Kryptonite and starts to experience attraction to her own gender. Unable to handle her feelings as meek Kara Danvers, she dons the red cape as Supergirl to seduce the ladies of National City."

Eh. That's so lame.

That's like,

"Man is the real monster" kind of lame.

Let's have it be Winn instead.

EDIT: OH nevermind.
I honestly think it would be amazing if Winn becomes Toyman II after a Radioactive moment.

I know a pink Kryptonite episode would probably be considered insanely offensive and for good reason, but the idea of them actually using it would be darkly hilarious.

Toa TAK

Banned
I honestly think it would be amazing if Winn becomes Toyman II after a Radioactive moment.

I know a pink Kryptonite episode would probably be considered insanely offensive and for good reason, but the idea of them actually using it would be darkly hilarious.

I think we should type out the scripts and send them to the writing team.

One episode about Pink Kryptonite.

One episode about Flash and his three baby mommas.

We'll be rich. We'll just use the words "self-parody". We can be the Darin Morgan of Supergirl.

Or we get Wozzly to write these out and post them here. That's always an option I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom