• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surprise! McDonald's to launch yet another new menu item: Buttermilk Crispy Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2015/08/mcdonalds-new-buttermilk-crispy-chicken-arrives-this-month.html

McDonald's is set to launch their new Buttermilk Crispy Chicken nationwide around August 10, 2015 (some locations might have them now, while others won't get them until later).

It consists of a chicken breast filet marinated and battered with buttermilk and a blend of spices including black pepper, garlic, and onion powder. The chicken will be replacing their current crispy chicken and can be found in the crispy chicken versions of their chicken sandwich, McWraps, Snack Wraps, and salads.

The chicken was tested earlier this year in select restaurants in Delaware and Arkansas.

It sounds like they're aiming for a more southern feel similar to Chick-fil-A, although they've tried that before with the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich (which used to be available nationally, then only regionally, and now looks to be discontinued altogether).

If any of you have milk allergies, the new buttermilk crispy chicken filet is cooked in the same fryer as McDonald's other chicken items such as Chicken McNuggets, so do keep that in mind.

McDonald's also updated/replaced their grilled chicken earlier this year.

Y5B2bNk.jpg

nib95

Banned
That looks and sounds great. I'm not a big fan of McDonald's myself, but if they keep adding items like this, I'm certainly willing to give them another look. Not that I eat fast food very often lol.

I'll try it, but it's going to be hard for them to top the McNugget.

McD's "premium" items are usually really bad. Most recently the sirloin burger is awful.

way more

Southern Style Chicken Sandwich (which used to be available nationally, then only regionally, and now looks to be discontinued altogether).

WTF the fuck!, they are discontinuing items? Without the Southern Sand I have no reason to go there. Great job!

Kusagari

Lol it's no wonder franchisees are losing complete faith in the company.

"We're going to simplify our menu"

"Surprise fuckers heres another new item"

Elitist1945

God why does McDonald's in the States get all the good stuff. Canada McDonald's is lackin' the good stuff...we even stopped selling McBites. Wtf is up with that!?

Whogie

Good.

Their Crispy Chicken was one of the worst compared to other fast foods. Looks like they're still using that thick nasty mayo though :/
Their Southern Style was good, but just pickles was boring. I used to bring those home and put lettuce and cheese on it myself.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It looks good, but it won't look like that in store.

It sounds delicious, but it never tastes as good as it sounds.

I'm all for this in theory, but in actual practice McDonalds needs to be trimming their menu not adding

I thought they were trying to simplify their menu.

They have. This replaces the chicken used on the sandwiches already on the menu, and they are apparently getting rid of another menu item in the process.

So it's one less item on the menu when it's all said and done.

Paskil

I would never want to be a McDonald's franchisee. So many product launches and reboots. Guess who foots the bill and is left with a corporate office throwing everything and the kitchen sink at declining sales?

OHHH it hasn't gone nationwide yet, no wonder. I was too lazy to start a thread a couple of weeks ago called "McDonald's New Chicken Sandwich Is Legit" but I was also wondering why literally no one in this moderately fast-food obsessed forum had mentioned it yet.

It's good shit though.

blamite

I thought they were supposed to be cutting all the crap nobody buys from the menu?

Ohhhh, it's replacing the old chicken? Huh, maybe this'll be okay.

That promo photo looks like it came out of the 80s.

It looks really good. Well, the chicken at least. I'm weird, and don't like any condiments or topping on burgers.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I'll still go there occasionally for their filet-o-fish and a mango smoothie. The two items that to me taste nothing like mcdonalds.

Valnen

That promo photo looks like it came out of the 80s.

It looks really good. Well, the chicken at least. I'm weird, and don't like any condiments or topping on burgers.

Hopefully the food will also taste like it came out of the 80's/90's.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It's not a new menu item. It's just replacing the Cripsy chicken they have. Kind of how they replaced their grilled chiken earlier this year.

dbztrk

Good.

Their Crispy Chicken was one of the worst compared to other fast foods. Looks like they're still using that thick nasty mayo though :/
Their Southern Style was good, but just pickles was boring. I used to bring those home and put lettuce and cheese on it myself.

You could have requested that they add lettuce and cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom