• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweden Democrats accused of covering up sexual crimes

A Sweden Democrat member of parliament has quit the party in protest after she said she had been silenced by party bosses after raising the alarm over sexual harassment and groping by colleagues.
Hanna Wigh, who has been a Sweden Democrat member of parliament since 2014, said she was no longer able to represent the party – known for its anti-immigration platform – in Sweden's Riksdag.

"I can no longer be an alibi for the Sweden Democrats. I no longer represent the Sweden Democrats," she told TV4 on Monday, ahead of an episode of the broadcaster's investigative documentary programme 'Kalla Fakta' which tells of silencing campaigns in response to accusations of sex crimes and other offences.

In 2016 an internal security report, in which it was revealed that women who had told of sexual harassment had been dismissed as "sick", "clingy" or "drunk", was leaked to the Expressen tabloid.

Wigh then commented on the report on Swedish television, and was later called to a meeting with party leader Jimmie Åkesson.

"He explained to me that he was very disappointed, upset and disappointed, that I had spoken to TV4," she tells the Kalla Fakta programme, according to Expressen which has seen the programme in advance.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170925/sweden-democrats-accused-of-silencing-sex-crime-victims

The hypocrisy is real. These guys are still going to win the 2018 Swedish elections aren't they regardless of these allegations. Thought this article I found was rather interesting considering how anti-immigrant they are.

Top Bottom