• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko Drum Master: new 3DS game announced in Famitsu

L~A

Just saw this on Gematsu : Namco-Bandai is working on another Taiko Drum Master for the 3DS, coming out on June 26 (75% complete). Title is Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure, and it'll have RPG-like features (probably an adventure mode, like the 1st 3DS game).

The drumming game supports up to four-player multiplayer, and features an RPG-like “Space-Time Great Adventure Mode”

Famitsu has part of the track list published, which hasn’t fully leaked online, but it reportedly includes a Vocaloid song that has been causing a storm lately.

The game will also come with customizable elements that will affect the overall status of Don-chan.

Some pics and info from Famitsu :

In this game, Don travels through time to protect History, along with some characters in JRPG-like party. This time, we got explorable 3D environnements. You can also use various items (such as potion), along with costumes which change Don's status and stats. There's also a "battle music system"

fd8sD09.jpg
kt8v5aM.jpg
p2tzwWg.jpg

iwg9jVS.jpg
5ixLJZB.jpg

Source 1 - 2

Sigh, at this rate I'm just going to have to give in and get a JP 3DS. Absolutely loved the 3 DS games and thought they worked perfectly with the touch-screen. Not sure whether it's worth my money buying a new system just for the sake of playing Taiko on the go :/

Is there a PSVITA Taiko game?

squall23

Sigh, at this rate I'm just going to have to give in and get a JP 3DS. Absolutely loved the 3 DS games and thought they worked perfectly with the touch-screen. Not sure whether it's worth my money buying a new system just for the sake of playing Taiko on the go :/

Is there a PSVITA Taiko game?
No, no Vita game (yet, possibly). Bamco really seems to be all in with Nintendo in regards to Taiko nowadays, and the results seem to speak for themselves to be honest.

Brilliant..

I never got round to picking up the first 3DS game. Will get this for sure!

Will this be retail only or will get it digital release also.

I guess it is going to have an accessory like the DS one because I can imagine if it is purely touch based, screens are going to get cracked.

Koppai

Loved it on DS. Hope, it gets a localisation.

I think this is the one game that Bandai Namco seems to skip lately. Although we are still waiting for Digimon games too, they have localized pretty much every other game lately. I imported the last 3DS game and I still play it every now and then. Wish I had a JP XL to play on but I can't justify the expense since I rarely import. Also looking at Band Bros. P :)

L~A

Brilliant..

I never got round to picking up the first 3DS game. Will get this for sure!

Will this be retail only or will get it digital release also.

Not mentionned, but it's definitely going to be retail + digital. Previous 3DS game sold over 600k, and Japan doesn't seem too fond of digital-only releases, so I think it'd be stupid for them to go down that route.

I guess it is going to have an accessory like the DS one because I can imagine if it is purely touch based, screens are going to get cracked.

There already was a Taiko game on 3DS (sold over 600k), and I don't remember any accessory for it.

awwww yes, maybe this will make up for being unable to get taiko wii u

past few track lists have been pretty solid, so hopefully this one is good too

Not mentionned, but it's definitely going to be retail + digital. Previous 3DS game sold over 600k, and Japan doesn't seem too fond of digital-only releases, so I think it'd be stupid for them to go down that route.

There already was a Taiko game on 3DS (sold over 600k), and I don't remember any accessory for it.

I was thinking more that it would be retail only like the first game. I hope it gets a digital release also.

L~A

I was thinking more that it would be retail only like the first game. I hope it gets a digital release also.

Ah, I see. Well, the original game was released before the first retail game got a digital version, so I'm pretty sure this one will get a digital release this time around.

L~A

In this game, Don travels through time to protect History, along with some characters in JRPG-like party. This time, we got explorable 3D environnements. You can also use various items (such as potion), along with costumes which change Don's status and stats. There's also a "battle music system"

Source 1 - 2

Source 1 - 2

A rhythm based RPG? I think I'm in love.

L~A

A rhythm based RPG? I think I'm in love.

Actually, that's something that started with the previous 3DS game, but looks like they're going even further down the rhythm-RPG route with this one. Which... is actually a quite neat idea.

Official site is up

In addition, the first set of revealed songs from Famitsu is online (not linking source because it contains scans)

J-Pop
Mottai Night Land (もったいないとらんど) by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
Saraba, Itoshiki Kanashimitachi Yo (サラバ、愛しき悲しみたちよ) by Momoiro Clover Z
Ima, Sakihokoru Hanatachi Yo (今、咲き誇る花たちよ) by Kobukuro
RPG by Sekai no Owari
Koisuru Fortune Cookie (恋するフォーチュンクッキー) by AKB48
Rinda Rinda (リンダリンダ)
Ikenai Taiyou (イケナイ太陽)

Anime
Ressha Sentai ToQger (烈車戦隊トッキュウジャー)
HappinessCharge Precure! WOW! (ハピネスチャージプリキュア!WOW!)
SHINING LINE* from Aikatsu
Geragerabo no Uta (ゲラゲラポーのうた) from the Youkai Watch anime
V (Volt) (V(ボルト)) from the Pokemon X/Y anime
Kimi ni 100 Percent (キミに100パーセント) from Crayon Shin-chan
Wake up! from One Piece
JUST LIVE MORE from Kamen Rider Gaim
Guren no Yumiya (紅蓮の弓矢) from Attack on Titan
Kimi o Nosete (君をのせて)

Variety
Amachan Opening Theme (あまちゃん)

Game Music
ONLY MY NOTE from IdolM@ster
Monster Hunter 4 Medley (モンスターハンター4 メドレー)

Vocaloid
Yi-Er Fanclub (いーあるふぁんくらぶ)
Rokuchounen to Ichiya Monogatari (六兆年と一夜物語) kemu feat. IA
Kagerou Daze (カゲロウデイズ)
Senbonzakura (千本桜)
Noushou Sakuretsu Girl (脳漿炸裂ガール)
Matryoshka (マトリョシカ)

Classic
Carmen Prelude (カルメン 組曲一番終曲)
Heaven and Hell (天国と地獄 序曲)
Ode to Joy (第九交響曲)

J-Pop collection seems... pretty much as expected. New Kyary, new AKB, Momoiro from the promotion they had going on with the Wii U version. Always glad to see Linda Linda back, too.

I don't really know much about the anime tracks but it seems that a large portion of them are brand new to the series.

Game music sections for the handheld versions seem to continue to be less interesting than that of the console versions.

And I'm honestly not sure which of the Vocaloid songs is the one that was being talked about in the initial reveal because the majority of them are extremely popular.

Koppai

Just ordered it, yay can't wait :)

If only people found a way to hack Wii U so I could import Taiko Wii U. I have one of the Wii games...I need the rest ;_;

Also still need the DS games lol. I FUCKING LOVE TAIKO :3

Yes!
I love playing the Taiko drum game when I went to Japan. I even looked at how much one would set me back.... $5000.
I think this one is a tiny bit more reasonable (if the giant sticks and drums are lacking)

squall23

Am I seeing this right? A Taiko game WITHOUT an Ikimonogakari song?! Also, that anime song list looks like crap. It's just been going downhill ever since ever since Taiko DS2.

My copy just shipped this morning. And yes, there's certainly a standard arcade mode. If you've played the first 3DS game, it's roughly the same as that feature-wise, but with its story mode replaced with the RPG.

Oh, and there's a short demo available on eShop for anyone curious.

My copy just shipped this morning. And yes, there's certainly a standard arcade mode. If you've played the first 3DS game, it's roughly the same as that feature-wise, but with its story mode replaced with the RPG.

Oh, and there's a short demo available on eShop for anyone curious.

yeah i downloaded demo. Not played a Taiko game since DS versions. Really tempted to download this from eshop.

beanman25

I've never played a game in this line before, and just played through the demo on my LL.

In love, and buying it digitally right now. So much fun with the RPG mode!

Koppai

Been playing it a lot and buying all the DLC :)

Wish the Wii U could be hacked to be region free so I could import the Taiko Wii U game :(

Top Bottom