• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taito Type-X board partners, *Shooter Fans*

Taito has announced (via Famitsu - link down?) a few nifty items. First off, Shikigami III will be on the Type-X hardware, and the first shot is to the left. Click-Stick borrowed a shot of the back of the board (very PC-ish, as is to be expected), and some specs from shooting girls, whose images go down every 5 seconds. Check the ic archives (via google search, it's the only way at the moment) for more Type-X info.

Taito has announced their partners list as well - a very shooty bunch, this one: Arc System Works, Success, Treasure, X Nauts, Skonoc, Cave, Psikyo, Warashi.

Here's why that list is so interesting (all speculation, so beware): This is the first mention of Arc System Works going solo from Sammy in quite some time. All of their previous arcade work is on Sammy or Naomi boards. Presumably then, whatever they do here will be unrelated to Guilty Gear.
Success and Skonoc are both listed. Skonoc developed Psyvariar, but Success published. They're both listed separately...and Success's only real shooter on their own is Cotton, so the door is open there. Of course, it doesn't have to be a shooter, but with the cast of characters...
X-Nauts and Psikyo are both listed. X-Nauts absorbed what was left of Psikyo when they went under...but now they've resurfaced as a partner here. Interesting. Cave, Treasure and Warashi (Usagi, Shienryu both likely) - no mysteries there. Seibu Kaihatsu, Eolith and MOSS are not listed, but clearly since Raiden III is coming to the Type-X, they are involved.

This brings us to the upcoming titles list: Gigawing Generations, RAIDEN III (2005), Shikigami no Shiro III (2005), Chaos Breaker (Eolith's 2D fighter), and Harikiri (ritual suicide) Online Pro Baseball. Check Game Watch's report on the Taito booth for more, including a shot of Trizeal. It's not on Type-X, but it's still a shooter. Taito will save us all.
-insertcredit

Interesting to see what Arc System Work's project will be on this board.

jarrod

Banned
bloke said:
Is this the board thats based on windows or has very PC architecture or something like that?
Yep...

-CPU~ Celeron 2.5GHz
-OS~ Customized Windows XP, Direct X
-Chipset~ Intel 865G
-Graphics~ ATI Radeon 9200SE
-Controllers~ USB joysticks
-Media~ Games shipped in hard drives

...look out Atomiswave. :)

I thought Psikyo gave up the ghost last year? News to me that they're still around, awesome.

Gigawing Generations - Is this being developed by Takumi? I hope so, but they are not on the list. I have high hopes for this game, Mars Matrix was awesome.

aku:jiki

PanopticBlue said:
I thought Psikyo gave up the ghost last year? News to me that they're still around, awesome.
They're not. X-Nauts bought them. They can't reappear under the same name at least... I think they're on the list since they're a more famous name than X-Nauts and they know it, and then assumptions run rampant.

And, wait, I thought Sammy bought ARC?

Oh, and it's "Skonec".

PanopticBlue said:
Gigawing Generations - Is this being developed by Takumi?
Yes. They also developed Night Raid (for PS1) after their good games, so keep your expectations in check.

Top Bottom