• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia is here!

NotMSRP

box-back.jpg
box-inside.jpg
manual.jpg
manual-back.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Two discs eh

For people who played the import, how long did it take you to complete the game?

And did the game ship today?

Bebpo

Banned
Wario64 said:
Two discs eh

For people who played the import, how long did it take you to complete the game?

And did the game ship today?

It's a good lengthy game. Figure about 45-55 hours for the main game with one of the two endings. Then another 5 hours to get the other ending, then about 10-15 hours for all the side-quests, dungeons.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Where did you buy the game from, MSRP? I wonder if my stores have it already, living in San Jose and all

And I ask for the game length cause I feel like taking another challenge and try to complete a RPG in a rental period :p
I would buy the game at Fry's assuming it's ~$35 but I already purchased a couple games in the past two weeks

Got to pick this up, if only to support good games in English. HEAR THAT NAMCO? WHERE'S PHANTASIA ALFUCKINGREADY? YOU PASSED IT OVER THREE FUCKING TIMES.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Soul4ger said:
Did you have it pre-ordered? Did you get the artbook? If so, some scans of that would be appreciated as well.

Artbook is pretty nice, i'll see if I can scan some parts tomorow.

Scott

Soul4ger said:
Did you get the artbook? If so, some scans of that would be appreciated as well.
My scanner sucks, so I can't really help out there; you'd just be way better off waiting for Suikoguy or somebody else to handle that portion.

I did post some impressions, though, and they can be found here. Just in case anybody missed 'em. :)

IgeL

So, uhm, when is this coming out in Europe? I checked some local retailers and play.com, but none has it listed...

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
the hype around this game is awesome, even among solid 8's in the review department. i'll admit i'm victim to it as well though. can't wait to play it :D

MoxManiac

Won't get mine until Thursday. Which I suppose is just as well, won't have any time tommorrow to play. Looking forward to it though!

BuddyC

http://www.namco.com

July 13, 2004 09:01 AM US Eastern Timezone

The Chosen One Arrives: Namco's ``Tales of Symphonia'' Now Available; Highly Anticipated Role-Playing Game Ships Exclusively For Nintendo GameCube

SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 13, 2004--Leading video games developer and publisher Namco Hometek Inc. announced today that its popular role-playing game, "Tales of Symphonia(TM)," has shipped to North American retail outlets. Developed by Namco Tales Studio Ltd. in Japan, "Tales of Symphonia" is now poised to send players on an epic quest exclusively for Nintendo GameCube(TM).

"The wait is finally over -- `Tales of Symphonia' is here," said Rod Nakamoto, executive vice president of research and development at Namco Hometek Inc. "`Tales of Symphonia' clearly establishes a new standard for the role-playing genre of games, and we are certain fans of previous `Tales' iterations will be delighted with this next journey."

The latest addition to Namco's popular "Tales" series of games, "Tales of Symphonia" gives players full control of characters by way of its unique real-time battle system, which allows for the execution and combination of multiple special attacks and magic spells. Offering more than a dozen side quests and mini-games, "Tales of Symphonia" delivers an emotionally fueled storyline spanning more than 80 hours of game play in its expansive 3D worlds. Additionally, the game features characters intricately designed in beautiful anime style cel-shaded graphics by renowned Japanese artist Kosuke Fujishima.

"Tales of Symphonia" is rated T for Teen by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board and carries a suggested retail price of $49.99. For more information about the game or to enter the "Chosen One" sweepstakes, visit the "Tales of Symphonia" Web site at http://tales.namco.com/.

B'z-chan

Banned
Ok question, is it really that great? I'm already in a RPG funk, but i want to add another to my GC collection. I'm buying one for the gf cause she's a artbook freak. But is it something worth the 50 bucks to buy another copy for myself?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Can anyone tell me if it supports progressive scan and/or widescreen?

Sagitario

Culex said:
The boss battles are incredibly hard. Also, the battle system is very overwhelming at first.

Would you recommend it to a person who is not a fan of the RPG genre? Do you have to spend hours leveling up? What about save points? Thanks in advance...

Culex

Banned
Farore said:
Would you recommend it to a person who is not a fan of the RPG genre? Do you have to spend hours leveling up? What about save points? Thanks in advance...

I can't really speak of non-RPG fans, as if you hate RPG's in general, there's just nothing that will change some people. I'd definately reccomend it to any RPG fan. There's no annoying random battles, either. While tough to get a hang of at first, the battle system is fun, like Grandia 2. Leveling up isn't a chore, either, as it directly impacts how you progress in the game, building your character's relationships. The save point system is like in Final Fantasy, you have a save "hub" spinning disc to save at in towns, etc.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Futureshop, and even *shudder* wallmart are out of stock in my region, god freaking damnit, they probably shipped 5 copies in canada..

Rhage

Soul4ger said:
Did you have it pre-ordered? Did you get the artbook? If so, some scans of that would be appreciated as well.
I flipped through it at GameStop and decided not to bother preordering. You're not missing much. It's lengthy enough, but the art isn't anything to get excited about, IMO.

Top Bottom